600/313
    Trade Feedback
    29 (93%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who has played Albion Online?

Last month I participated in the Albion Online summer alpha test and I must say it was the most fun I have in a MMO in quite some time. I have watched AO from the sidelines for about 2 years now and figured it was either to good to be true as it seemingly was going for the UO PvP nostalgia that I have or was some kind of p2w trash. After playing it I realize it was a legitimately fun game...not just nostalgia. I loved the isometic 3/4 camera view that is locked, the risk vs reward PvP that includes full loot and the true player run economy where the players craft everything.

So far, I give this a big thumbs up. The next closed beta test should start in November or so and then on to open beta for release. Does anyone else have any thoughts on AO?

Who has played Albion Online?
    KRSjr's Avatar Knight-Champion CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Id like to play your video made me watch alot on youtube. Ill be buying in to the founder packs is the $100 one worth it?
    This kind of reminds me of tppk in hardcore and the community battles and runs that surrounded it during my d2 days.

Ket's Avatar Legendary
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    600/313
    Trade Feedback
    29 (93%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the short term the Legendary pack is worth it for the horse and ox as it does give you a leg up on the competition in the first few days. However, all the gear and the horse/ox is lootable when you go into red pvp zones. Personally, I went for legendary but if money is tight then just know by the end of the first week it won't really matter whether you had legendary, epic or veteran pack.

Garricus's Avatar Active Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I played it and didn't like it, and I've played some crazy pvp mmo's like Lineage 2. I played the first beta test before the summer one, forget what it was called. Maybe things have changed. Unless you are in a good guild, you really can't get anywhere as a solo player. The crafting tree to progress is just a super crazy grind. I didn't like that each zone had an auction house, so if you moved to a new zone you' have to go get your stuff and bring it over. If something sold, you'd have to go back to that zone to collect your money. The pvp was enjoyable to an extent, except when you get zerged. I ended up buying the $100 package right when it was available, and regret it. Probably be selling it if I can remember the information. Might give it another shot though, I think a lot of stuff might have changed when I played.

5. Thanks Ket (1 members gave Thanks to Garricus for this useful post)
    Ket's Avatar Legendary
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    600/313
    Trade Feedback
    29 (93%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Garricus View Post
    I played it and didn't like it, and I've played some crazy pvp mmo's like Lineage 2. I played the first beta test before the summer one, forget what it was called. Maybe things have changed. Unless you are in a good guild, you really can't get anywhere as a solo player. The crafting tree to progress is just a super crazy grind. I didn't like that each zone had an auction house, so if you moved to a new zone you' have to go get your stuff and bring it over. If something sold, you'd have to go back to that zone to collect your money. The pvp was enjoyable to an extent, except when you get zerged. I ended up buying the $100 package right when it was available, and regret it. Probably be selling it if I can remember the information. Might give it another shot though, I think a lot of stuff might have changed when I played.
    The summer alpha was my first and as far as I know there was a lot of changes. However, I do agree that it is tough for more solo players and personally I do my fair share of solo as I don't have a lot of time to get deeply involved with big epic guild things but still made it a priority to join at least an active casual pvp guild. What I did find in summer is that there was more solo friendly builds that will allow you to survive and recover better. Once I did that, life was much better in game.

Also on the auction houses per city. I actually love that as it makes the moving of resources around the world much more interesting due to possible ambushes, mercenary jobs and good old chaos.

I would suggest giving it a try if last time you played was last winter alpha. It still may not be your cup of tea, but I am sure you will see a lot of changes.

Garricus's Avatar Active Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I downloaded the game and plan on playing with a friend this beta. I believe it starts tomorrow, I will give it another try since I did invest $100 blindly

NamorFenris's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone got an extra beta key or account I can try it on?

bait's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have been 4 closed alphas all together and a but load of NDA testing.
    Closed beta started yesterday and I am loving the game!

But I really wanna bot as I would like to have a real life and enjoy the game at the same time lol!
    .l..°_°..l. As of to day im a good man, Good day

bait's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The game is really fun! I'm in one of the top guilds my self :P
    .l..°_°..l. As of to day im a good man, Good day

Inject's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    6/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to start a simple bot for this..

PM-me if you would like to help

marselss's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game is awesome, plz make some hax for Albion Online cuz actualy can;t find any on www

KITTYFLIP's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I subscribed on founders pack so I can play the closed beta. Well it is really fun, there are lots things you can do in game, including farming, PvP, GvG and the most interesting part, you don't need to create a new character to experience other varieties of weapons.

Killalots's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    22/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been playing since the Winter Alpha back in Feb 2015. Really enjoying it so far although at the moment it's all down to the developer's discretion - they don't have the best rapport with the community at times!

Anyway, if you play or want to know more then let me know!