0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Decrypt Albion packets

Has anyone tried to sniff the Albions packets? They are completely unreadable. Here (https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/mmo...ml#post3823554 (Anti-Cheat Research)) it is written that the Albion uses a photon protocol. Are there ready-made mechanisms for decrypting packets?

Decrypt Albion packets
    justsomedude's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok sorry for gravedigging or whatever (well not really it's not like there's much activity here anyway), but this needs to be said because i've seen the whole albion uses photon just decode it <insert binary protocol link> a few times and it's a load of crap

so yeah albion does indeed use photon, along with tcp for chat (apparently, it's in a presentation they did, i haven't checked yet, i dunno if it uses photonengine's protocol)
    but that link, that fucking link is so incredibly useless, as it explains litterally nothing about the actual protocol other than a few indications on the size of packets

anyway there's nothing really ready made for it, you can check the lib albion-data uses to read the packets as a pretty good start (it's in go, port to whatever you want), but doesn't include photon packet encryption (used in login for example), and the message/command types aren't complete, what i did at that point was have a look at a photon .dll downloaded from their site in dotpeek for the rest

once you've got the whole photon part out of the way it's actually not that bad given that the data is nicely serialized with type information, then you can info on the actual game operations/events from the albion client .dll (or the common .dll? i don't remember and can't check right now)

good luck

edit: also it uses enet (well it's not exactly enet there's a few differences) so this can help you GitHub - lsalzman/enet: ENet reliable UDP networking library
    Last edited by justsomedude; 05-17-2018 at 06:57 AM.

Jadd's Avatar 🐸 Premium Seller
    Thanks G/R
    81/333
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed that the binary protocol link is useless. If you want to understand how Photon works, go download the .NET library and have a look at the source using a decompiler such as dnSpy, JustDecompile, etc.

If you actually bother to go ahead and manage to read/write the payloads from Albion I'll give a little better explanation as to how Albion packs opcodes, fields, etc. into a packet.

Deimos_'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I know this is an old thread but I'd like to know if it is possible to gather useful data only by observing raw inbound data from port 5056?