Guide for Trading your World Of Warcraft account! MUST READ menu

Trade Details

Free

How does it work? (Learn more about CoreCoins here)

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jackie Moon's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guide for Trading your World Of Warcraft account! MUST READ

Welcome to the Trading section!

If you are reading this I presume you plan on trading gold, characters or other MMO goods through MMOwned! While this is a great idea and I fully support your decision on trading here at MMOwned, do not trust ALL the people who post here.

Ways to recognize trust worthy traders!

1. I cannot stress this enough high +Rep does not always mean they are trustworthy!
    2. ID Verified, verifies the MMOwned user to the owner through which the payment comes from!
    3. Ask around, find out if they have made any legitimate trades or sales!

Ways to tell if they are a scammer!

1. People who made their account just before they trade and aren't ID verified are most often than not; scammers.
    2. If you ask someone who is ID verified and they tell you they are dodgy, hesitate before making a trade.
    3. If the trade deal seems too good to be true, chances are it is.

Payment methods!

The two most popular payment methods found on MMOwned are through; Paypal and Western Union. Paypal by my recollection is the safest of the two, being that there have been many stories of Western Union scamming.

Paypal is not 100% out of the blue either, they have different ways to send money. You can buy it as a normal purchase or send money as a "gift". I can't stress enough to hesitate when you make a trade that requires you to send as a "gift" as the money is NON refundable. The only time gift should be used is when the person performs a service on your account before hand.

How to advertise your account!

Now time for the business end, you want to be able to give as much information to the buyer as possible without giving the account away itself. No body is going to buy an account from someone who says "selling 80 DK for 60 dollars".

What information do you give?

There is a various extent to what you need and what you can do. First off you need to give a detailed description about the account, its class, gold, mounts, vanity items, gear score and any alts that come with the sold character. A must do is to state whether the account is on US or EU, this is very important! You also need to provide if you are the original owner of the account or not. Screenshots are a great way to show that you are selling a valid account to the description of what you're selling.

After you have agreed to make the trade you have to provide the more "personal" details of the account. Things you need to provide are; The secret question's answer, the password, the first and last name attached to the account and CD keys if you still have them. Do this once the money has been transfered otherwise they might just take the details and run.

MUST READ:
    Once the deal has been done it is highly recommended that you take a screenshot of the deal being made eg; an MSN screenshot confirming the deal had been made. This will help us and you in the long term if they scam the account back or recall the money on Paypal.

Example:

I have a prepared template below for you guys to use!

The words in brackets you edit with your information.

Code:
    Title
    What am I selling: (What character you are selling eg: 80 Blood Elf Priest) Original Ownership: (Are you the original owner of the account, Yes/No) Region: (US or EU) Account Description: (What gold, mounts, vanity items, account alts the account has, be as in-depth about the account as possible in this secion) Screenshots: (Show screenshots of your account, more than 1 is needed!) Payment: (Payment method eg; Paypal and how much you want for the account eg; $70) Contact: (Give your email/aim so that someone can contact you or get them to inbox you on MMOwned!)
    I hope that helps anyone out there with questions! Happy trading!
    Last edited by Jackie Moon; 01-20-2011 at 04:01 AM.
    Check out my YouTube: SkeetzGaming

Guide for Trading your World Of Warcraft account! MUST READ
    danbirk's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good job Jackie
    im sure it will help someone

Destony's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice guide, good that you mentioned the send as a gift bit

Stickie?
    Last edited by Destony; 12-02-2010 at 05:29 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Destony View Post
    Very nice guide, good that you mentioned the send as a gift bit

Stickie?
    I stickied the thread, hopefully this helps anyone wanting to trade here on MMOwned. I made this because I had a lot of inbox's about how to safely trade their accounts.

Confucius's Avatar Panda of Worlds The Idiot

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    265/283
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good post, even though I require people to send as gift if they aren't well known trusted members

Wish311's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/6
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the awesome tips JM!

1337pyro's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    9/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you should link the announcement for this section... as it can be overlooked.

02/02/2011 01:52 <Jackie Moon> I might just go whack off all this talk about man boobs is making me frisky

elysian's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ty for this, especially the part of sending as a gift being non refundable, Been considering selling my account but strongly opposed to scammers. Ill just tell them to send as gift, but then they'll think Im a scammer.

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

ALso, any tips about just getting started selling yourself? I need to make about $600 to buy a flight to go see someone, and besides the option of getting a job, playing wow is what I enjoy doing, So I was thinking of selling gold or offering levelling services or something, how do you get someone to trust you without being a company?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by elysian View Post
    ALso, any tips about just getting started selling yourself? I need to make about $600 to buy a flight to go see someone, and besides the option of getting a job, playing wow is what I enjoy doing, So I was thinking of selling gold or offering levelling services or something, how do you get someone to trust you without being a company?
    PM KuRIoS about becoming ID verified, it's the most proof you can get on this website.

Poopzoor's Avatar Contributor (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ) CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    37/27
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jackie Moon View Post
    I can't stress enough to hesitate when you make a trade that requires you to send as a "gift" as the money is NON refundable.
    Im sorry to say that is not the truth m8, if ppl just login and pay with their paypal thru a proxy they will be able to get their money back as an unauthorized payment :/

armyfrog84's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with pwnzoor, had a guy contact me on msn through forums about buying my account, payment was sent through paypal within minutes. Everything looked great, but i told him
    I wouldn't remove the authenticator until the payment cleared. (Obviously I let him logon to verify details first) and I went to sleep happy i had gotten rid of the account finally. Woke up a few hours later
    to my phone screaming I had a new e-mail it was from paypal, and the acct he paid with was "compromised" so he received the entire payment back in full even after I supplied them with the
    msn convo log, screenshots, and the whole works.

rimalah2's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was too happy to get rid of my golds so I sold 340k for 306e via paypal (not gift) and now the buyer claims the dispute.. have anyone actually received the money earned? or can the buyer always just request the money back?

Crysto's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    4/55
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by rimalah2 View Post
    I was too happy to get rid of my golds so I sold 340k for 306e via paypal (not gift) and now the buyer claims the dispute.. have anyone actually received the money earned? or can the buyer always just request the money back?
    I get the buyers to send as Gift but paypal THEMSELVES dispute the payment. It creates one hell of a mind ****.

Dr. Doom's Avatar Elite User

Thanks G/R
    4/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're a blue and have good rep and have been on the site for a while, I'd say go for Western Union and have them link u the code and check if it was sent, and so forth. Because I recently got scammed and was payed with a stolen paypal.

Lodai's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. I know how that is. I got scammed by some jackass (I was stupid to trust him) too.... Luckily, I got everything back. (accountwise) and now I'm braving the account sales waters again. Hopefully out of all the sharks out there, there'll be a guppy who is actually interested and honest. I came into contact with another scammer this morning. He asked me if my account was active, when I told him no, he logged off quick as you like. his name was Sfortatga. sfortatga@ hotmail.com alexanderr45@ yahoo.com, that's what he provided to me as contact information.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast