[RULE]Do NOT give reputation for completed trades - use the TRADE FEEDBACK instead! menu

Trade Details

Free

How does it work? (Learn more about CoreCoins here)

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    349/296
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Assyrianlegend View Post
    well owned core is going to hell... good to hear.. admins trying to monetize the website is fine, FORCING users to spend money is not.

I hope you guys reconsider this.

"Pay us money to show that the guy doesnt scam" - "Any accusations will be seen as whining"
    No one is forcing you to do anything, we just DONT want to see people repping eachother after trading. We litterally have members who have gained legendary title from trading, which is not what we want. Reputation should not be given because of money.

Originally Posted by lordangelo1019 View Post
    i like the idea of the trade feedback.. i just dont like the part where u have to remove all the rep given in the past even if it was about trades. anyways it is still up to the admins they will decide. if it have to be remove then be it. i dont like it but doesnt mean i cant accept it
    No one is talking about removing all rep.

Originally Posted by XGamerX View Post
    Can we still give rep as normal on free trades?
    I think the thread is pretty clear on that.. NO!

Originally Posted by XGamerX View Post
    dont mean to be rude, but I do a lot of business here-- my rep is how I show people I am a legitimate person. If it were removed I would have to reconsider the amount of money I spend on corecoins ($150 a month probably) and my donor sub
    That would be your choice, reputation means nothing in regards to who can be trusted for trading and that will be said by all staff in trade section as well.

Originally Posted by DiamondStarFall View Post
    i personally think tat it would be nice to have a cooloff period of maybe 24hrs or so before ya guys actually start to enforce the implementation of the new rules. reason being tat most of us might be unaware of the rule yet. Some of the other buyers aint even aware of the implementation of the new rules until i told them abt it. it would actually take some time for words to spread
    you will notice that there is no rep button in trade sections anymore :P

I wish that you could stop whining against these changes and see the positive in it instead. You actually get a tool to show that you AS A TRADER can be trusted, just like merchant sites have. I also wish that you would stop jumping to conclusions, some of you say "buhoo dont remove my rep, I earned hard to get it", well if it was earned through other ways than trading, then you shouldnt be worried. REPUTATION never will be and never was a currency.

We do get that giving reputation was the only thing you could do to show that you were happy that the trade went through. We didnt have a real alternative to traders, so we allowed it. However, now we do and we wont allow it anymore.
    In regards to removing reputation, no reputation will be removed without me contacting the member and could it be that an arrangement could be done so some of it could be turned in to positive trade feedback? No 1 rep will not give 1 positive feedback, no I dont know how it will be done. But stop jumping to conclusions.

Lastly, NO ONE IS FORCING YOU to use corecoins, we are just making you aware of it with this thread.
    We ARE FORCING YOU to NOT use reputation as a "thank you for a good trade" gesture.
    Last edited by KuRIoS; 12-01-2012 at 04:52 AM.

[RULE]Do NOT give reputation for completed trades - use the TRADE FEEDBACK instead!
    Dhoby's Avatar Contributor
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    93 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by KuRIoS View Post
    No one is forcing you to do anything, we just DONT want to see people repping eachother after trading. We litterally have members who have gained legendary title from trading, which is not what we want. Reputation should not be given because of money.

That would be your choice, reputation means nothing in regards to who can be trusted for trading and that will be said by all staff in trade section as well.

I wish that you could stop whining against these changes and see the positive in it instead. You actually get a tool to show that you AS A TRADER can be trusted, just like merchant sites have. I also wish that you would stop jumping to conclusions, some of you say "buhoo dont remove my rep, I earned hard to get it", well if it was earned through other ways than trading, then you shouldnt be worried. REPUTATION never will be and never was a currency.

We do get that giving reputation was the only thing you could do to show that you were happy that the trade went through. We didnt have a real alternative to traders, so we allowed it. However, now we do and we wont allow it anymore.
    In regards to removing reputation, no reputation will be removed without me contacting the member and could it be that an arrangement could be done so some of it could be turned in to positive trade feedback? No 1 rep will not give 1 positive feedback, no I dont know how it will be done. But stop jumping to conclusions.

Lastly, NO ONE IS FORCING YOU to use corecoins, we are just making you aware of it with this thread.
    We ARE FORCING YOU to NOT use reputation as a "thank you for a good trade" gesture.
    Thanks for the heads up

lordangelo1019's Avatar Banned CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    40 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the explaining and appreciate your efforts. i know this is for the sake of everybody

Razor33's Avatar Legendary Professional Gold Dealer
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    106/74
    Trade Feedback
    151 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we still add or receive rep for helping people others ways ? Lets say for example i deal many times with a contact on my skype , and then for example some day after knowing each other better chating i teach him step by step how to use honorbuddy plus few others tricks , Can he rep me or reversal ?
    Last edited by Razor33; 12-01-2012 at 05:42 AM.

Smitten's Avatar i want to believe who even plays wow anymore 🤔
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    909/1036
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally see this as a good move.

Rep for contributing to the community and showing you're a legitimate trader should be kept separate.

May have to start looking into CoreCoins a bit more.

DiamondStarFall's Avatar Trade Moderator All Time Fav Trader! xD
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    72/157
    Trade Feedback
    213 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

no one else will be infracted without the rep button

will stay tune till everything is being finalized
    ╬Ways of Contact╬
    Skype: Diamondstarfall safe to trade! Always request a pm!
    I DO NOT use KIK or Line. they r imposters!
    Trading Awareness![How to minimize the risks of being scammed!]

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    349/296
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Razor31 View Post
    Can we still add or receive rep for helping people others ways ? Lets say for example i deal many times with a contact on my skype , and then for example some day after knowing each other better chating i teach him step by step how to use honorbuddy plus few others tricks , Can he rep me or reversal ?
    He can, what we dont want is rep after a trade. Like "Thank you for a good trade" "Outstanding seller" etc etc.

Originally Posted by RAiLED View Post
    I personally see this as a good move.

Rep for contributing to the community and showing you're a legitimate trader should be kept separate.

May have to start looking into CoreCoins a bit more.
    that is the thought! We used to have a scamming section, for ingame tricks(it was intended for), and we have many users who gained rep in that section. Which is the exact opposite to trade section feedback
    and in all honesty.. 5000 corecoins are 5usd .. so that means a hundred trades if you use our example from my second post in this thread.
    Originally Posted by DiamondStarFall View Post
    no one else will be infracted without the rep button

will stay tune till everything is being finalized
    :P People will go to lengths to do weird stuff that we dont want. :P
    Last edited by KuRIoS; 12-01-2012 at 05:56 AM.

XGamerX's Avatar Banned Powerleveling and Unbanning Expert CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am fine with all of this TBH, I just dont want any of my rep removed (even tho most of it isnt from trade section)

I think u should go forward with this.. but leave current rep alone

Nolixz's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    6/17
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well.. people will still exchange reputation after trades i think. All they have to do is give rep to another thread unrelated to the trade section?

HI5's Avatar ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Some Random Leacher
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    542/299
    Trade Feedback
    217 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Nolixz View Post
    Well.. people will still exchange reputation after trades i think. All they have to do is give rep to another thread unrelated to the trade section?
    Then they'll get infractions / bans ofc, that's why we have mods for.

Pure traders don't really have anything to contribute, so it will be easy to track them, and that's also the main reason we don't want rep in trade, since Trade contribution.

and to all others:
    if some of you don't want to use premium sales - just ask ppl you trade with to leave feedback in your thread, that was always the best way to show you're legit trader - not your rep, so stop saying things like rep was the only way to show your credibility - it's not true
    We've been saying that hundred of times already through all these years - rep doesn't tell you anything about your credibility as a trader.

If you want to have rep - contribute something towards the site, that's why we got rep for in the first place, and that's also the only reason we have the rep for.

Users who have not participated in posting exploits, bots / profiles or making guides (helping other users and the site) should never have access to Contrib, Elite and Legend lounge.
    these sections and ranks were never intended for traders.

And stop whining about having to pay 5 bucks for premium trade that you can get 100 feedbacks on - its very small fee.

Trading here does not makes any of you contributor, it just makes you a trader - nothing more, nothing less.
    If you donate to the site - it makes you donator.
    If you trade with Coins - CoreCoins trader.
    Not a Contributor

Be glad that you're allowed to advertise your sales here for free (yes, you can still make threads for free, you can still bump them for free and you can still get cash FOR FREE, we don't charge you anything for that), its basically the same as letting you open the shop and don't ask to pay the rent.
    So no, we're not "money hungry" for giving you additional options to make your business better.
    Nothing has changed for traders - you don't have to pay for anything. All the features we've implemented are additional , if you don't like them - don't use them.

And never forget that
    maintaining the site as big as OC costs a lot, but yet we still don't force anyone to pay for anything.
    You'd be surprised if you see how many of us moderators donate money to the site, pay for name changes, tittle changes, thread changes, name glow and everything else, even thought we could have it for free.
    Last edited by HI5; 12-01-2012 at 04:29 PM.

Shanerd92's Avatar Member *Professional Powerleveling Service* CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I could just use feedback in my threads over the trade feedback? Sounds like a much better idea to me, saves me money, still shows that I'm legit.
    Edit: Also, if you didn't want people to get rep from trades, why don't you just make it so threads in trade forums can't get +repped? If that's possible.
    Last edited by Shanerd92; 12-01-2012 at 11:23 AM.

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    542/299
    Trade Feedback
    217 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Shanerd92 View Post
    So, I could just use feedback in my threads over the trade feedback? Sounds like a much better idea to me, saves me money, still shows that I'm legit.
    Edit: Also, if you didn't want people to get rep from trades, why don't you just make it so threads in trade forums can't get +repped? If that's possible.
    Shanerd, ofc, feel free to ask users to leave you feedback in your thread after a good trade, also if you have more than one thread (lets say one in D3 trrade and second one in WoW trade) feel free to link to your previous feedback's or quote them (that's also serves as a direct link to feedback post) in your other thread

You won't have to pay anything for that, the only difference is that this feedback is not confirmed by OC

and about rep - yes we did that already (the warning is mostly to users who want to find their way around it and rep in other threads pretending its not rep for trade - this will be punished with heavy rep removal + infractions or even bans, same as we always used to do with fake rep).

Disphotic's Avatar ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    79/103
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must say I agree with this rule. Legendary was (is) something very few people would get. I remember way back when OwnedCore wasn't as big as now, and exploits etc was not fixed as quickly.

MMOwned was a exploit/guide site for WoW. I would think of the trading section as a "bonus", that has obviously changed since then.

But I don't think that if you run a powerleveling/raf gametime service, you should get elite/legendary out of very little work, compared to people who work hard for a very long time, writing guides, finding exploits, and sometimes not even get rep at all for it, while a gametime seller can simply say "dont forget to rep" after a single trade.

The private contrib/elite/legendary sections are there for a reason, and that's not trade related.

Edit: Although, I must disagree with KuRIos about rep not meaning anything in regards to trust :-P I have never had trouble with anyone with a contrib rank+, compared to leechers

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    349/296
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Felheart View Post
    I must say I agree with this rule. Legendary was (is) something very few people would get. I remember way back when OwnedCore wasn't as big as now, and exploits etc was not fixed as quickly.

MMOwned was a exploit/guide site for WoW. I would think of the trading section as a "bonus", that has obviously changed since then.

But I don't think that if you run a powerleveling/raf gametime service, you should get elite/legendary out of very little work, compared to people who work hard for a very long time, writing guides, finding exploits, and sometimes not even get rep at all for it, while a gametime seller can simply say "dont forget to rep" after a single trade.

The private contrib/elite/legendary sections are there for a reason, and that's not trade related.

Edit: Although, I must disagree with KuRIos about rep not meaning anything in regards to trust :-P I have never had trouble with anyone with a contrib rank+, compared to leechers
    We have high rep members who earned rep from posting how to scam... meaning I wouldnt trust them..

http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/memb...26-kurios.html <- Feedback from Jaerin.

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    542/299
    Trade Feedback
    217 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Felheart View Post

Well, remember that every stick has two ends, we had few legends banned for scamming, some of them just decided to quit OC and "sell" something big for xxxx $, then just disappeard.
    We also had numerous cases of legend users being hacked in order to scam in trade section.
    That's why as we always used to say - rep doesn't show if you're legit trader or not, it just shows that you like finding your way around things in games *cough*
    Last edited by HI5; 12-01-2012 at 06:16 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast