Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for a mentor to help me code a basic grinding bot for an mmorpg

As Title suggests, my discord is Hiyori#1079
    I know basic C# coding, already worked with some frameworks.
    Either be a pixel or a memory based bot, Im willing to learn it
    Last edited by _Hiyori; 05-19-2019 at 04:03 PM.

Looking for a mentor to help me code a basic grinding bot for an mmorpg
    Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    285/571
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure there are plenty of examples out there. You shouldn't need a mentor for coding a bot. The hardest part is building the interface with the game, which requires a lot of reverse engineering. For example... how do you know where you are in the world? Is your character dead? Alive?

The easiest way to answer these questions is to read memory. You will want to use the API ReadProcessMemory to accomplish this, but you need to know where to read. For that, you'll need some sort of memory scanner, such as Cheat Engine. Once you've found you addresses, it gets fairly simple from there. It is just back to normal coding, potentially using some advanced algorithms for things such as pathing. Combat routines can be done in various ways, one of which could be a behavior tree.

3. Thanks _Hiyori (1 members gave Thanks to Sychotix for this useful post)
    red40's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Discord ID is wrong?

_Hiyori's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by red40 View Post
    Discord ID is wrong?
    Sorry just corrected it, Абдул#1337

_Hiyori's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sychotix View Post
    I'm sure there are plenty of examples out there. You shouldn't need a mentor for coding a bot. The hardest part is building the interface with the game, which requires a lot of reverse engineering. For example... how do you know where you are in the world? Is your character dead? Alive?

The easiest way to answer these questions is to read memory. You will want to use the API ReadProcessMemory to accomplish this, but you need to know where to read. For that, you'll need some sort of memory scanner, such as Cheat Engine. Once you've found you addresses, it gets fairly simple from there. It is just back to normal coding, potentially using some advanced algorithms for things such as pathing. Combat routines can be done in various ways, one of which could be a behavior tree.
    Im just trying to start with a bot who fights when run, nothing fancy, I know the API VAMemory but doubt it will help if the game has anti-cheat maybe?

Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    285/571
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by _Hiyori View Post
    Im just trying to start with a bot who fights when run, nothing fancy, I know the API VAMemory but doubt it will help if the game has anti-cheat maybe?
    "A bot who fights when run" is more complex than you might think. If you are talking about doing a rotation... you could do that without interacting with the game, just using key/mouse events. Otherwise, you will still need to read memory to know when to send the input. I don't know what VAMemory is, but it is probably just a wrapper around Read/WriteProcessMemory. I doubt an anti-cheat would detect you based off this, but it is possible. Worrying about anti-cheat is an entirely different ball game and depends on the game/anti-cheat itself.

I suggest you take it one step at a time.
    1) Learn how to use Cheat Engine. Be careful, depending on the game... its anti-cheat may detect and ban you for using Cheat Engine.
    2) Learn how to send input to a window.
    3) Learn how to read another process' memory.
    4) Start writing your bot.

You can try to go the route of a pixel detection bot, but those are generally unreliable, difficult to code well, and just generally awful. Reading memory should be done whenever possible.

EDIT:
    Here is an example of a bot I made in a few hours. https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/mmo...-your-car.html ([Bot] DudePuncher - Golden saucer Cuff-a-Cur bot - Get your car!)

Basically, there is a minigame that you can play in FF14 where you start the minigame, then click a button when the bar is as close to the center as possible.
    Break this down into every single action.

1) Right click the dude
    2) Click yes
    3) Click button.

In order to get the bot to accomplish these things... you need to know what you need to do next. Is the confirmation dialog up? If not, click the dude. If it is, click yes. Are we currently playing the game? If so, when do we press the button? Are we close to the center yet?

Luckily, I was able to answer all of these questions by reading a single memory address and creating sort of "states" in which the bot expects things to be in.

You could rewrite this using pixel detection as well if you really wanted, but pixel reading is slow. You could read when the moving bar overlaps the center, but what is a good way to determine if the dialog box is open? The dialog box is transparent, so colors may not always be reliable. This is why pixel bots suck.

So reading memory, lets make a few assumptions. The value is 0 when not talking with the dude. The value is 101 when talking with the dude, the value is 1-100 when playing the game. 50 would be at the center, the sweet spot.

We read the address, it says 0. We know we need to click the dude.
    We read the address, it says 101. We know we need to click yes.
    We read the address, it says 15, we know we should NOT click the button yet.
    We read the address, it says 47. We are close enough to 50, that the game will give us the prize we want. Click the button.
    We read the address, it says 0. We know we need to click the dude.
    {etc}
    Last edited by Sychotix; 04-19-2019 at 11:15 AM.

8. Thanks _Hiyori (1 members gave Thanks to Sychotix for this useful post)
    _Hiyori's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sychotix View Post
    "A bot who fights when run" is more complex than you might think. If you are talking about doing a rotation... you could do that without interacting with the game, just using key/mouse events. Otherwise, you will still need to read memory to know when to send the input. I don't know what VAMemory is, but it is probably just a wrapper around Read/WriteProcessMemory. I doubt an anti-cheat would detect you based off this, but it is possible. Worrying about anti-cheat is an entirely different ball game and depends on the game/anti-cheat itself.

I suggest you take it one step at a time.
    1) Learn how to use Cheat Engine. Be careful, depending on the game... its anti-cheat may detect and ban you for using Cheat Engine.
    2) Learn how to send input to a window.
    3) Learn how to read another process' memory.
    4) Start writing your bot.

You can try to go the route of a pixel detection bot, but those are generally unreliable, difficult to code well, and just generally awful. Reading memory should be done whenever possible.

EDIT:
    Here is an example of a bot I made in a few hours. https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/mmo...-your-car.html ([Bot] DudePuncher - Golden saucer Cuff-a-Cur bot - Get your car!)

Basically, there is a minigame that you can play in FF14 where you start the minigame, then click a button when the bar is as close to the center as possible.
    Break this down into every single action.

1) Right click the dude
    2) Click yes
    3) Click button.

In order to get the bot to accomplish these things... you need to know what you need to do next. Is the confirmation dialog up? If not, click the dude. If it is, click yes. Are we currently playing the game? If so, when do we press the button? Are we close to the center yet?

Luckily, I was able to answer all of these questions by reading a single memory address and creating sort of "states" in which the bot expects things to be in.

You could rewrite this using pixel detection as well if you really wanted, but pixel reading is slow. You could read when the moving bar overlaps the center, but what is a good way to determine if the dialog box is open? The dialog box is transparent, so colors may not always be reliable. This is why pixel bots suck.
    omg yes my final goal is to make a bot for FF14... But Its appears really hard and I don't know where or what to start with, that's why I'm asking here for a mentor.
    But thank you so much for your detailed response it was a great help!

BrandonPowers's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add Xversial#0001

Hazzbazzy's Avatar wannabe hackerlol Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FF14 has like no protection from memory, you'll want to learn assembly, and understanding c++ would be helpful
    "HOLY TIME MACHINE BATMAN! it's 1973!"
    https://youtube.com/Hazzbazzy