Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Working on a lag switch that simulates REAL internet connection loss

So... i kind of need help on this one.
    Im looking to create a class that can simulate the same connection loss i get when i unplug my ethernet cable.

I personally code in c# and java. So far with the application im building its been in c#, but if theres some specific assemblies in the JRE with a little work i think i could change my code to Java? currently using alot of system32 dlls, havent used them much in java but im sure with a little work i could find them

In my experience testing so far, the 3 main methods of simulating internet loss cause an instant loss of connection. Here's what I've attempted using in making my software lagswitch

Using IP config /-renew and /-release : the game im playing instantly locks out all input when executing. Even for 0ms of time. when the command runs in my C# program it will lock out input, remove game assets and freeze the game.

Editing firewall rules: i didnt code this one, but used a 3rd party lagswitch application just to test if this avenue would work. Had the same result of executing the ipconfig commands. Instant response and

UDP Flooding: tried this with a 3rd party app as well. Game's anti-cheat picked this one up and then I didnt have time to test with DoSing my appt complex's internet on my laptop. Theres 3 major problems with this method: first of all, if im running the flooder on a seperate computer, i have alot less control of when i execute DoS. Second of all, this method is less precise in when the connection is on or off, theres delay between how fast the DNS can handle the packets thats variable based off of other factors such as other users packets ect. 3rd... i dont think my laptop can generate packets fast enough to ddos my appartment complex's internet

Manually unplugging and replugging my ethernet: DOESNT INSTANTLY LOCK THE GAME UP! that being said, its impossible to time correct internet loss to the milisecond.

Ideally, what i need is a C# method of disabling then re-enabling my ethernet port and then i'll update from there.
    Last edited by jup234; 10-17-2018 at 06:00 AM.

Working on a lag switch that simulates REAL internet connection loss
    Hazzbazzy's Avatar wannabe hackerlol Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jup234 View Post
    So... i kind of need help on this one.
    Im looking to create a class that can simulate the same connection loss i get when i unplug my ethernet cable.

I personally code in c# and java. So far with the application im building its been in c#, but if theres some specific assemblies in the JRE with a little work i think i could change my code to Java? currently using alot of system32 dlls, havent used them much in java but im sure with a little work i could find them

In my experience testing so far, the 3 main methods of simulating internet loss cause an instant loss of connection. Here's what I've attempted using in making my software lagswitch

Using IP config /-renew and /-release : the game im playing instantly locks out all input when executing. Even for 0ms of time. when the command runs in my C# program it will lock out input, remove game assets and freeze the game.

Editing firewall rules: i didnt code this one, but used a 3rd party lagswitch application just to test if this avenue would work. Had the same result of executing the ipconfig commands. Instant response and

UDP Flooding: tried this with a 3rd party app as well. Game's anti-cheat picked this one up and then I didnt have time to test with DoSing my appt complex's internet on my laptop. Theres 3 major problems with this method: first of all, if im running the flooder on a seperate computer, i have alot less control of when i execute DoS. Second of all, this method is less precise in when the connection is on or off, theres delay between how fast the DNS can handle the packets thats variable based off of other factors such as other users packets ect. 3rd... i dont think my laptop can generate packets fast enough to ddos my appartment complex's internet

Manually unplugging and replugging my ethernet: DOESNT INSTANTLY LOCK THE GAME UP! that being said, its impossible to time correct internet loss to the milisecond.

Ideally, what i need is a C# method of disabling then re-enabling my ethernet port and then i'll update from there.
    You need to use an internal or Powershell script to disable the interface then. There's plenty of powershell scripts to do that; look up the Powershell nuget references if you opt to use that method. Alternatively you could change your IP settings to random values which would also works, or even block the games ports using IPSEC (NOT Windows Firewall)
    Last edited by Hazzbazzy; 10-17-2018 at 07:10 AM.
    "HOLY TIME MACHINE BATMAN! it's 1973!"
    https://youtube.com/Hazzbazzy

jup234's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Hazzbazzy View Post
    You need to use an internal or Powershell script to disable the interface then. There's plenty of powershell scripts to do that; look up the Powershell nuget references if you opt to use that method. Alternatively you could change your IP settings to random values which would also works, or even block the games ports using IPSEC (NOT Windows Firewall)
    quick update, managed to get a working cmd prompt script to disable and re-enable my ethernet BUT A. it instantly crashed and B. it takes time for the script to open up cmd, disable - then re-enable making it not as accurate as i'd like

any other suggestions for a creative lag switch that doesnt get picked up by anticheat?

Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    quick update, managed to get a working cmd prompt script to disable and re-enable my ethernet BUT A. it instantly crashed and B. it takes time for the script to open up cmd, disable - then re-enable making it not as accurate as i'd like

any other suggestions for a creative lag switch that doesnt get picked up by anticheat?
    What game is it you're actually looking to achieve this on?

jup234's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    black desert online
    its anticheat is xigncode3

Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    black desert online
    its anticheat is xigncode3
    Have you thought about blocking trying to block the ports?

jup234's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats actually what im researching rn

jup234's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    any pointers on how to correctly identify which socket to block?

Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    any pointers on how to correctly identify which socket to block?
    Run the command
    netstat -a -n -o -p tcp
    from a CMD prompt and get the PID (you can find the PID using taskmgr or using the Process Class in C#) of the Black Desert executables. The local port is the number after the local IP (example: 192.168.1.1:443, the port is 443). Although you'll want to block the remote ones.
    Last edited by Hazzbazzy; 11-29-2018 at 06:24 AM.

EternalStudent's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd assume you could add some piece of software as a filter in the network stack too. And that could add (or not) small delays in the packets you send. But TBH I don't understand the benefit adding artificial delay would give you.

And I assume there should be programmatic ways to perform the same actions the powershell script does (find your active network interface, and act upon it). Though you won't be able to have millisecond off/on times by turning off the whole interface that way. I'd assume you'll be triggering a DHCP request or some other typical initial setup that'll be much longer than ms.

Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by EternalStudent View Post
    I'd assume you could add some piece of software as a filter in the network stack too. And that could add (or not) small delays in the packets you send. But TBH I don't understand the benefit adding artificial delay would give you.

And I assume there should be programmatic ways to perform the same actions the powershell script does (find your active network interface, and act upon it). Though you won't be able to have millisecond off/on times by turning off the whole interface that way. I'd assume you'll be triggering a DHCP request or some other typical initial setup that'll be much longer than ms.
    A lot of dupes on MMO games are born from latency.
    You're overcomplicating the method though. It's much simplier to make an app block ports for X MS

ShadowOfDeath77's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand all the practical benefits of such an improvement. But I think that the easiest way is to embed the script in the router web interface. This can be done remotely, but I advise you to save a backup.