Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Packet bot references?

Hey everyone,

I am working on a packet bot and I have most of the base code done, as in I am receiving the packets and sending it back(as needed), I am just looking for reference on how people have wrote theirs to handle the logic above the read/sending packets to move forward with it.

If you know any packet bot sources or github/bitbucket/etc(either written in c# or c++) around, send over the link!

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by CGI; 04-01-2018 at 06:38 PM. Reason: ops forgot to mention which language

Packet bot references?
    CGI's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    guess people don't look down here very often :/

debuggin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are two main schools of thought for this and both are the good approaches at different stages.
    it depends on your end goal, are you planning on profit or personal use.

i would recommend avoiding a lot of the open source shovelware and proxy based lag inducing nightmares as reference.
    i will go ahead and assume you mean to sell it and in that case.

break out a second thread from the injected main loop to handle the sending and either receiving in the same one or another thread for those packets this is dependant on what you do with the data etc.
    this the pushes the data into a concurrency safe data dispatcher style container, at this point the core thread wakes up to the event of data and needs to give it a cursory exam and decide keep, discard, delay or pass through.
    at this point you may have game data hooks for info and events or be keeping track of players, mobs and loot yourself.
    either way we now have to do another thread safe collection that can either update that shadow of the data or just alert the bots logic to check on things or switch state
    the bot logic is another thread running a FuSM consisting of states which depict behavior (running somewhere, hunting for a monster, in combat, being attack by player, crafting).
    the main reason this being you may notice you get a lot more packets in bursts that the bot can handle, and it can be noticed by the client if you are hooked into a send function that is now taking to long.
    not only that if you are still waiting on a single threaded function hook and another packet is received by a message pump you don't know to pause or can easily find it causes race conditions.

thats a general high level overview the concepts are there
    good luck