4/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C++ or Python

So i've heared that world of warcraft has a relation to the C++ language. I started learning that language + python.
    Now i wonder.
    Am i able to use Python instead of C++
    (sorry if it's in the wrong section idk where to post it.)

C++ or Python
    CGI's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That really depends on what you wish to do.

C++ will be much easier in several scenarios specially if you have to deal with asm, but Python can do some stuff as well.

C++ you need to make most of the work your self(as in more code to write in most cases), while python will make more than half of the work for you.

Assuming you want to keep learning it for hacking and stuff alike I will vouch myself to c++, no regrets!

dreamcoder's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you mean you want to write a game like wow, then c++ for sure.

LethalSnake's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bro learn cpp its in my opinion one of the best and powerful Languages that you will find

shreyathakare's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Python can be written in object oriented way but cpp is more powerful language than python if you are beginner in programming languges then start with the basics of writing procedural code with a language like python, then move to the object oriented language like cpp or java.
    Last edited by shreyathakare; 02-27-2019 at 11:27 PM.

emmyHufford's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HI. I think it depends on what you're going to do. So if you want to write a game then C++ for sure. Hope this will help you.
    Last edited by emmyHufford; 02-25-2019 at 05:35 AM.

petersmith69's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey,
    the choice depends on what you are doing. but for writting c++ is good but python is much easier to learn than c++.

SwiftWebDesign's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    c++ for sure

zammhauer's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by shreyathakare View Post
    Python can be written in object oriented way but cpp is more powerful language than python if you are beginner in programming languges then start with the basics of writing procedural code with a language like python, then move to the object oriented language like cpp or java.
    Python is by far more powerful than C++. Python is an interpreted language and has thus way more features (e.g. meta classes). There are many things you cannot do in an compiled language like C++. Interpreted languages however are way slower than compiled ones. If you compare C++ with Python I would say C++ is about 200 times faster than Python. Yes, that much. This is the reason C++ is being used for speed relevant things (complex algorithms, game development, 3D rendering, ...). Coding the same feature takes way longer in a compiled language, because you have to do a lot of stuff yourself (memory management). So if development speed is a concern, an interpreted language wins. That is the reason why almost all web applications are written in interpreted languages like PHP or Python (or some pseudo-interpreted languages like Java). In many cases (depends on what you want to do) you do not need the speed of a compiled language.

Use the right language for the task. Do you need speed (e.g. game development)? Go for a compiled language. Do you want to reach your goal quickly (Web application, Scripts) go for an interpreted language.

george_00's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I know Python is more popular now. It is used in software and web development. Also, have you heard about rubi coding language? As I know a lot of development companies use it, but I don't know a lot about it

sheen8's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it's true that World of Warcraft (WoW) uses the C++ programming language for its core mechanics. C++ is often used in game development due to its performance capabilities. However, Python and C++ serve different purposes and have different strengths.

While Python is known for its simplicity and ease of use, C++ is favored for its speed and low-level memory control. WoW's connection to C++ doesn't necessarily mean you must use C++ to interact with the game.

If you're learning both Python and C++, you have the flexibility to choose the language that best suits your project. Python is widely used for scripting, automating tasks, and building applications quickly. It has a large ecosystem of libraries that can be leveraged for various purposes.

On the other hand, if you're interested in game development, C++ could be a more suitable choice due to its performance and compatibility with game engines and libraries. However, keep in mind that C++ can be more complex to learn and work with compared to Python.

In the context of World of Warcraft, if you're looking to create mods, add-ons, or tools that interact with the game, Python could be a viable option. Many games support scripting in various languages, and Python's readability and simplicity might make it a good fit for such purposes.

Ultimately, the choice between Python and C++ depends on your specific goals and the nature of the project you want to undertake. Both languages have their strengths and can be used effectively in different contexts. Additionally, explore the difference between C++ and C.