Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blockchain and Private Servers/Realms - Transparency/Feasible?

Hey guise, bit of a normie when it comes to any sort of language that interfaces with machines, heh... Let alone blockchain(s).

However it recently occurred to me when thinking about some of the news recently with btc/eth//other alt coins and other companies clamoring aboard the block-chain-band-wagon, that especially with the 'late Nosalrius' (regardless of how gr8 or shit, in any aspect), and lurking around various WoW//MMO private realms/communities in my past ~10 years - That there would be and could be some serious benefits to trying to integrate(?) the game/db/engine or what-have you or whatever works, heh (like I said, not an expert, with any of it) with 'a blockchain technology'

I've seen some pretty poor management of funds from 'donations' not only would it help immensely on that end, but it could also add some 'translatative' capabilites not only between realms within a community, but outside of them and between them, from patch to patch//xpac to xpack....

Not to mention seeing where money is going when you have a big//thriving server that has 'too many donations'

Idk, just baked and throwing my thoughts out there before I hit the hay....

Cheers all, have a great weekend.

If you haven't heard of bitcoin, you are living under a rock, if you haven't heard of Ethereum, check it out. Not just another 'altcoin'

Blockchain and Private Servers/Realms  - Transparency/Feasible?
    DvASystems's Avatar Elite User Overwatch Hack & Cheat Mod /M.LG\
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1036/286
    Trade Feedback
    202 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Blockchain tech in MMOs from what I've seen is about value, meaning Game devs have the possibility to give you the ability to actually "own" virtual items compared to renting them when you normally accept ToS.

I think the Space sims greatly benefit from such technology, it helps with item generation and economy.