Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[RedVex] Project: Diablo 2 LoD Dupe Program for 1.12 Closed Battlenet

Hi there !

After Diablo 3 was announced, I got very excited and popped in my Diablo 2 LoD disc again and started playing .
    But since the ladder reset and the 1.12 patch all dupe programs don't work anymore...
    Therefore, I want to program a Diablo 2 LoD Dupe Program for 1.12 Closed Battlenet.
    However.. my program skills suck
    I know some VisualBasic stuff but that's really basic. No dll injection skills whatsoever.
    That's why I'm posting here. I'm looking for someone who can help me with this. I'm willing to learn ! Teach me how to do this please (Your wish is my command Wink ).

In theory, you got to find an exploit in the client and server.
    I already did my homework for the client side: I found an exploit on the client's part I believe (At least, I succesfully duped some items on open battlenet (but I want to get it working on closed)) !
    To explain it, I first have to tell you the difference between closed and open battlenet:
    Closed battlenet uses all files which are stored on Battlenet servers, Open battlenet partly uses files stored on your PC.
    Now I found an exploit on Open Battlenet which ONLY requires a client modification.
    My thoughts where, if this exploit works on Open battlenet with only a client modification, then it also should work on CLOSED battlenet with both a client AND a server modification...

So this means only the server part and it's getting somewhere.. this is the trickiest part.
    The prevous duper program used the "lag bug" where it laggs the server and then dupes the items. This trick worked before the patch got applied, since now you will get disconnected if you try to lag the server.

When you create a game it will be hosted on Battle.net and will be validated by the server.

A friend mentioned to use RedVex as my platform because you can inject/read packets with it and writing plugins isnt hard either he told me (RedVex • Index page)

Also D2BS looks like to be "easy" to program: D2BS General Discussion

Oh btw a dupe program does the following: It duplicates Virtual items within an online game Diablo 2 LoD.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks !
    Last edited by Frasier Crane; 07-09-2008 at 05:20 PM.

[RedVex] Project: Diablo 2 LoD Dupe Program for 1.12 Closed Battlenet
    Apoc's Avatar Angry Penguin
    Thanks G/R
    0/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Frasier Crane View Post
    Hi there !

After Diablo 3 was announced, I got very excited and popped in my Diablo 2 LoD disc again and started playing .
    But since the ladder reset and the 1.12 patch all dupe programs don't work anymore...
    Therefore, I want to program a Diablo 2 LoD Dupe Program for 1.12 Closed Battlenet.
    However.. my program skills suck
    I know some VisualBasic stuff but that's really basic. No dll injection skills whatsoever.
    That's why I'm posting here. I'm looking for someone who can help me with this. I'm willing to learn ! Teach me how to do this please (Your wish is my command Wink ).

In theory, you got to find an exploit in the client and server.
    I already did my homework for the client side: I found an exploit on the client's part I believe (At least, I succesfully duped some items on open battlenet (but I want to get it working on closed)) !
    To explain it, I first have to tell you the difference between closed and open battlenet:
    Closed battlenet uses all files which are stored on Battlenet servers, Open battlenet partly uses files stored on your PC.
    Now I found an exploit on Open Battlenet which ONLY requires a client modification.
    My thoughts where, if this exploit works on Open battlenet with only a client modification, then it also should work on CLOSED battlenet with both a client AND a server modification...

So this means only the server part and it's getting somewhere.. this is the trickiest part.
    The prevous duper program used the "lag bug" where it laggs the server and then dupes the items. This trick worked before the patch got applied, since now you will get disconnected if you try to lag the server.

When you create a game it will be hosted on Battle.net and will be validated by the server.

A friend mentioned to use RedVex as my platform because you can inject/read packets with it and writing plugins isnt hard either he told me (RedVex • Index page)

Also D2BS looks like to be "easy" to program: D2BS General Discussion

Oh btw a dupe program does the following: It duplicates Virtual items within an online game Diablo 2 LoD.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks !
    Ah, the good old days of duping D2 items.

Last I checked, most of D2's dupes had been patched. (Charsi in 1.09, the nec/zon in 1.11 at some point, the Tristram dupe in 1.11 as well, and the belt dupe in 1.11 too.)

Blizzard has since added some extra protection, and checks serverside to make sure you're not using duped items. (Rust storm anyone?) Also, you can't actively dupe like you used to on D2 anymore. (I've tried all the old public and private methods, none of which work anymore. Even your Open B.Net dupe (which is fully client side, since Blizz doesn't host anything when on Open FYI))

So don't expect to get far sadly.

Frasier Crane's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
    Ah, the good old days of duping D2 items.

Last I checked, most of D2's dupes had been patched. (Charsi in 1.09, the nec/zon in 1.11 at some point, the Tristram dupe in 1.11 as well, and the belt dupe in 1.11 too.)

Blizzard has since added some extra protection, and checks serverside to make sure you're not using duped items. (Rust storm anyone?) Also, you can't actively dupe like you used to on D2 anymore. (I've tried all the old public and private methods, none of which work anymore. Even your Open B.Net dupe (which is fully client side, since Blizz doesn't host anything when on Open FYI))

So don't expect to get far sadly.
    Yup, as of now, all D2 dupes have been patched on closed battlenet. There is however 1 working dupe method for open battlenet, but since 95% of the people play on closed... it makes no sense If you want it I can send it to you, see it for yourself. I tried it it it worked, might me luck because sometimes it just stalls.

Apoc's Avatar Angry Penguin
    Thanks G/R
    0/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Frasier Crane View Post
    Yup, as of now, all D2 dupes have been patched on closed battlenet. There is however 1 working dupe method for open battlenet, but since 95% of the people play on closed... it makes no sense If you want it I can send it to you, see it for yourself. I tried it it it worked, might me luck because sometimes it just stalls.
    I'd prefer to use Hero Editor if I needed anything duped on Open B.Net. (Or my private version of Diabolic)

I take it your one of those "legit open b.net players" that get annoyed quite often, eh?

tictac101's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Send me the dupe program please.

Newstyle's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R