6/63
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most up to date Beta information Diablo 4

Sounds like the beta test is still a ways away. Their webpage information states the following:

“There is currently no Alpha or Beta testing for Diablo IV,” reads a Blizzard support page. “If you want to participate in the Alpha or Beta testing of our game, you can sign up on the official Diablo IV website. The sign up is only available when the testing is open, or shortly before testing starts.”

While you can’t sign up for the beta yet, you can put your name on a mailing list for beta updates. This way, Blizzard will contact you when beta opportunities arise, and you can choose to participate from there.
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."

Most up to date Beta information Diablo 4
    CreativeXtent's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    242/148
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Current closed Beta ends on the 18th of Nov.
    I am currently part of it. I will post some info on the game as soon as i can.
    "the true wow experience is Maclone"

Zab's Avatar OC Owner

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    6/63
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by CreativeXtent View Post
    Current closed Beta ends on the 18th of Nov.
    I am currently part of it. I will post some info on the game as soon as i can.
    What's your take on Diablo 4? Love it? Hate it? Going to be great?
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.

Thanks G/R
    242/148
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    What's your take on Diablo 4? Love it? Hate it? Going to be great?
    Graphics: They are above par. beautiful and stunning. The world bosses have particular special touch to them.
    Partical effects, wind blowing in the grass, the look of the characters them selves are in particular pretty. the rocks look almost real. The game is pretty dark in a lot of areas as it should be.
    but there is some parts i feel the brightness of it is to much and is missing that dark feeling of diablo.

Classes: The classes are all fun. I tried all of them and got each of them to 50 and one of them to 100 ( the sorc ). There is a lack though that comes to the skills and paragons with them though

Skills: The good part is, you do not have to fill your whole bar with skills. Infact you can choose to ignore whole sections. So if i want to skip the mastery section i can and move to the next. This gives a good bit of experimenting a chance.
    But the bad part is ( at least in this beta ) there is not much of a choice when it comes to being powerful and useful. An example is choosing between two core skills for ice. Ice Shards or Frozen Orb. Ice shards are extremely good for single target and can blow single targets up.
    But frozen orb cannot do good single target damage and relies on huge groups. 1-4 monsters will not surfice. it must be 5-10+ for the damage to work.
    Now one would say, Well, you can just max both out and have both be good. Not really... This is due to the passives on the skill tree needing points to make each skill useful. So in the end there is never enough skill points.
    And skills HEAVILY rely on items and so do the paragons. We will get to that soon.

Paragons: After 50 you get paragon points. You get them per level after 50 and somehow randomly without leveling... its weird and no one knows how it works yet...
    The paragon board can make or break any build and its strength. You get a default board you can choose from, different types for different types of builds. Then you put points into nodes to get to the glyphs. these nodes give INT STR DEX WILL or depending on the glyph around it, random attributes...
    Each default glyph does specific things. An example would be 10 INT and 10% non physical damage and bonus 5% non physical damage if you have a specific amount of a specific stat. Then you have one blank glyph spot you can put glyphs from the extra glyphs you get. These ones act different.
    They will give you a specific stat usually or attribute, then they will give a stat or attribute for specific stats in a range ( which is upgradable from nightmare dungeons ) that is predetermined. and then you get a bonus from those nodes.
    So the glyph you put in gives Conjuration damage. Then for every 10 int within range your conjuration skills gain 4.8% increased damage. Additional Bonus if met, Conjuration skills have 20% increased duration Requirement ( in range ) 40 Intelligence.
    That means each 10 int you choose ( 2 nodes of int usually ) stack up the conjuration skill damage.
    There is also legendary nodes on each page you choose ( you can stack as many as you like if you can make it to the page with your nodes ) These usually do damage buffs most of time time

Items: There are Rare items, Unique items and Legendary items. They have three levels of rarity ( yes there is item levels ). They are Regular Legendary, Sacred, and Ancestral.
    You cannot find the Ancestral items until in the last difficulty. They are the best items with the best stats and the highest item levels. Some how item level matters when it comes to damage. its a backend stat no one can see and no one knows how it works yet.

Uniques: They have predefined stats with ranges and a predefined power to them. Such as the best helm in the game, the Harlequin Crest ( yes a shako ). The reason it is the best is due to it giving 2 to all skills ( not passives though ). Skills are impossible to beat out. Uniques do have the legendary, sacred, and ancestral levels.
    Legendries( all three kinds ): they almost do not matter. except for stats most of the time. or weapons may give specific damage boost to core skills or masteries etc. What matters the most on them is the legendary powers.

Note: ALL ITEMS ARE UPGRADEABLE 3-5 TIMES TO INCREASE THE ITEMS LEVEL ( AND ITS HIDDEN DAMAGE ). TOP TIER ITEMS REQUIRE 6 OR MORE FORGOTTEN SOULS.

Legendary powers: These control and make the game. and they are limited and have not much varity. They needs work... They can make your character either die all the time, be invensible, or even make you one shot everything. it all depends.
    These are extractable from items that naturally have them. They are called Aspects. And then you can take rare items or other legendary items and put the aspects on them. Turning the rare into a legendary or the aspect replaces the old legendries power. Once they are put on items from aspects, they are called imprinted.
    this makes them no longer extractable. So you have to choose wisely sometimes. and only aspects extracted from their respected rarity type can be put on an item of the same rarity type. So a Sacred extracted aspect can only be put on a sacred rare or legendary.

Nightmare Dungeons: They are dungeons you enhance with nightmare sigils. They have levels to them and they give the player 1 bonus to help them and give the dungeon bonuses to help you hate your life.
    They are soloable, but to do one that gives enough XP to level up your socketed glyphs solo takes 30mins to an hour. and if you die 4 times you lose. So groups are pretty much required and its horrible. These need a rework, as we know. Us diablo people are loaners haha.

Regular dungeons: Regular dungeons give Weekly rewards for first kills and for the first time ever doing them, they give item skills you can use. And yes if you do a druid one on a sorc, the druid you use can use the skill. Nothing else special about them.

World Bosses: there is 3 that spawn a bunch of times per day. They are pretty cool and not really that hard. The poison one is the worst. They are a cool fight with limited mechanics. There is an 8 player world limit on bosses ( unless you have a party and others do to. I've seen 16 people once at one boss lol ) when
    not in a party. And they are random. They drop items... not much to say about them TBH. The best one to get is Avarice. If you stun him, 2 goblins spawn and they drop lots of items. But people DPS to hard and some times you never get a stun in. Pretty annoying.

Tree of Whispers: You get boxes of loot from this tree when you do world events ( all of them kind of repeat and it gets boring ) The events give Grims. Once you get 10 grims you can turn it in for a choice of one of three different random boxes that are usually specific to a body part of the toon.
    These events reward 1 to 5 grims. and are not well thought out on which ones should give 1 2 3 or 5 lol... it needs work.

Helltides: The most useful worst thing in the game at the moment... you kill monsters in the helltide areas ( random spawn areas ) and you get shards. There are chest in the area that use these shards to open the chest. 50, 100, or 125 shard boxes. And most of the time the loot is small and it sucks.
    The ONLY reason this is the most useful is due to this being the only way to find forgotten souls. which you need to upgrade items for more item level and damage, They are found from finding ore nodes and clicking them. its a random chance for it to drop from them... its annoying

In my opinion at this moment, the end game is fun... for a bit. But you power up to fast, the items are not very fun. The powers are kind of bland. The skills do not have much varity to them. and it becomes very boring after a few weeks ( Just like in D3 when you have those easy ancients and you are pushing 140s already )
    I love the game in general. But something is missing in the end game and I am not sure what it is.

NOTE: Please forgive no spell check LOL.
    NOTE2: i am sure i am forgetting things. May edit later

5. Thanks hackerlol (1 members gave Thanks to CreativeXtent for this useful post)
    Zab's Avatar OC Owner

Thanks G/R
    6/63
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow that's awesome. What do you think of D4 when you compare it to D3? Just much bigger? Everything is better?

Do you think it's going to be a MONSTER game? I often wonder which will win out, POE2 or D4.

Thanks G/R
    242/148
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow that's awesome. What do you think of D4 when you compare it to D3? Just much bigger? Everything is better?

Do you think it's going to be a MONSTER game? I often wonder which will win out, POE2 or D4.
    It is essentially better than D3. Graphics, game play and feel are better. But the items will need work and how hard/easy it is to get them.
    There is no crafting like there is in d2. and i think that is a misstep on blizzards part. One big issue i forgot to mention is the Inability to trade Uniques or legendaries. They are account bound. So the social aspect ( what keeps d2 alive ) of trading will not be a thing. This may hurt D4 in the end. Blizz seems to keep forgetting the real social aspect of diablo games is the ability to craft or find an item that you can trade off for an item you need or a currency.

But the world is much MUCH bigger. the section we were put into was massive and if you wanted to run across the map it would take an hour probably lol.
    The game to me is missing density at the moment. Its not the d2 item grind we are used to or wanted from this. Items more of a mix of D3 and POE. where items are tossed at you and you hope one works maybe.
    At the moment, POE will beat this out if they do not make the changes needed.
    But... thats the issue in hand. They are not listening to the people who played the old games. Just the newer kids who grew up on the diablo that gave you everything you wanted and needed. The diablo that puts you at GR 140s in the first 3 days of a season. and if the changes are not made, it will die out like d3 did in ROS.

Gestat2023's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is essentially better than D3. Graphics, game play and feel are better. But the items will need work and how hard/easy it is to get them.
    There is no crafting like there is in d2. and i think that is a misstep on blizzards part. One big issue i forgot to mention is the Inability to trade Uniques or legendaries. They are account bound. So the social aspect ( what keeps d2 alive ) of trading will not be a thing. This may hurt D4 in the end. Blizz seems to keep forgetting the real social aspect of diablo games is the ability to craft or find an item that you can trade off for an item you need or a currency.

But the world is much MUCH bigger. the section we were put into was massive and if you wanted to run across the map it would take an hour probably lol.
    The game to me is missing density at the moment. Its not the d2 item grind we are used to or wanted from this. Items more of a mix of D3 and POE. where items are tossed at you and you hope one works maybe.
    At the moment, POE will beat this out if they do not make the changes needed.
    But... thats the issue in hand. They are not listening to the people who played the old games. Just the newer kids who grew up on the diablo that gave you everything you wanted and needed. The diablo that puts you at GR 140s in the first 3 days of a season. and if the changes are not made, it will die out like d3 did in ROS.
    Good to know.
    Yeah they cant just be strictly taking the trading away from the Uniquids and Legendries item at least give it a % bend on pick up and % Bend on Equip. 75% Bend on Pick up 25% Bend on Equip for Legendary and 50/50 on Unique.
    They decided to go through this path I might give them a call that I like to refund on my 3 D4 copies.

Zab's Avatar OC Owner

Thanks G/R
    6/63
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They still shooting for April release?

Thanks G/R
    242/148
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They still shooting for April release?
    6/6/2023 is the release date

Zab's Avatar OC Owner

Thanks G/R
    6/63
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6/6/2023 is the release date
    6\6 should have guessed!