1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thud Lowering Fps.

This isn't something I had noticed until I played a rift without Thud on.

While in the rift withOUT Thud, I noticed that my game was a lot smoother than normal. However, once I enable Thud my game can get a bit choppy, and I notice my FPS drops by 30-40 fps. I don't have any exceptions, so I'm not sure what might be causing this issue, other than I have approximately 17 plugins. Is that considered a lot? I'm only asking out of curiosity, as I am wondering if having that many plugins could be causing the framerate dip? If not, is it common that Thud itself could drop your fps by roughly 30-40 fps and cause the game to run a little less smooth?

TIA

Thud Lowering Fps.
    Razorfish's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    19/158
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are your computer specs decent enough that there should be enough resources to run both Diablo and Thud without a performance impact? Does this slowdown happen even without extra plugins installed? Is there anything else running that might also take up resources (such as a web browser)? Does it happen whenever Thud is running (i.e. even at startup) or only after it or Diablo has been running for a while?

Thekid5678's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Razorfish View Post
    Are your computer specs decent enough that there should be enough resources to run both Diablo and Thud without a performance impact? Does this slowdown happen even without extra plugins installed? Is there anything else running that might also take up resources (such as a web browser)? Does it happen whenever Thud is running (i.e. even at startup) or only after it or Diablo has been running for a while?
    I7 6700k, 2080, 32 gig of 3600mhz ram with tight timings. D3, OS, and thud on are on nvme drive. I run three monitors, and every time I play, I have the game on one, and a browser open on another, while the third one is typically just the desktop. Some times I keep a note pad open to take down notes for something, but that's about it. Nothing running in background. I've gone as far as disabling Cortana through registry edits. I did peek at task manager when I noticed this, and everything was normal.

BeeAntOS's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    239/28
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the new versions of TurboHUD,
    it is quite natural to experience "high" FPS losses and also lags during gameplay,
    as the workload of THUD's control/monitoring and blocking mechanism has increased significantly compared to previous versions,
    and all these processes are dependent on network latency.

To further improve the result, you can:

Since my English is not enough to explain in detail,
    you can try to apply it by following the 1st three recommendations of this explanation,
    which I found on the internet and translates what I wanted to say:
    Upgraded to Windows 10 much lag - Technical Support - Diablo 3 Forums

Side note:
    I have a 4 physical cored (#0, #2 , #4 , #6 ),
    8 hyperthreaded (#1, #3 , #5 , #7 ),
    7th gen i7-7700HQ mobile CPU...
    I'm just using it's physical cores of #2 & #4 for D3.

In addition to all this,
    I recommend that you stay away from the Nvidia's 457.xx and 460.xx graphic drivers and also DCH version of any of these, and don't use them.
    I've tried almost all current drivers for my GTX 1050 Ti and now I am getting the best result with the 456.71 Standard (non-DCH) driver.
    "When you reach the top, get ready to drop!"