9/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Latest Package Won't Extract/Damaged

So I downloaded this new package four times, WinZip won't extract it saying that it's damaged or not an actual WinZip file, and Windows Explorer tries, but just sits at 0 kB per second forever.

Can you check this?

In the meantime, if I block Turbo HUD from accessing the Internet, will this older version continue working, is there some flag I can reset until I get a package I can extract? Wait… Does TurboHUD even announce itself to Windows?? Does Windows know it's running? Is there a name I can even tell my firewall to block?
    Last edited by StoneOld; 06-22-2019 at 12:54 PM.

Latest Package Won't Extract/Damaged
    Vern1701's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    12/49
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to get the latest from the dl. I used ufile instead of zippy because of the ads. To answer your ?s: I was using 19.5.20 before getting 19.6.21. If you backup your old package to a backup folder, you should be safe. Yes, if run in admin mode. Yes, as a process, if you run Task Manager. You can whitelist the file/folder in your AV/firewall, this should allow TH to dl and extract without any issues.

StoneOld's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    9/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. I've never had any trouble extracting the packages before... Give it another shot.

Well, I'm an idiot. I'm not sure why Windows would extract the file, but the dialog box from WinZip was telling me that WinZip itself was damaged, and that I should reinstall from the source.

So I reinstalled WinZip, and wala! Everything's fine.
    Last edited by StoneOld; 06-22-2019 at 05:30 PM.

Vern1701's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    12/49
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes a good old-fashioned defrag of the drive helps, but I'm glad that it wasn't a massive error like a drive failure.

StoneOld's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    9/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had a couple drives fail in my time. Not a fun experience. One contained a couple thousand hours of image editing for DVD labels, and a bunch of setup programs for some theme packages I made.

So I got a couple of terabyte drives and went with a mirrored raid setup. But then I ran out of space, so I ran those individually, and I was exposed again. Now I have two machines with 5 TB each, both with their operating systems on 480 GB SSD's. The one machine is basically a backup for the other, but I can do work on both of them. I use a program called Allway Sync to automatically run backups, and I can set up individual backup jobs to backup anything anywhere It runs in the background, and it even keeps its own previous versions system. So now I'm good to go.