1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possible Intervention from Blizzard

I have been running Hud since the current available version has worked, and had no issues whatsoever, including the expected issues from KJ and Enigma. No problems the whole time, playing on NA and EU. Until today: I have had MULTIPLE instances where my internet completely "crashed," momentarily, until the THud program shut down. Every time, it was approximately 10 minutes into the session. My game would "freeze,"get Error 1016 from Blizzard, kick me to the login screen, and Battlenet would be disconnected. I would lose complete internet connection, again until the THud program was completely stopped from running. This happened every time, at least 5 so far. The unnerving part that troubled me was one time, I tried to log back in, and D3 client had another error message I've never seen in 6 years of play: "There was trouble finding the game license." I don't know if there is something that has happened to anyone else, but I will continue to do trials and update this thread. I don't know if it is something from blizz, or something from third party, though i dont have any processes running that seem malicious, visible, or through other channels.

Unlucky. Please hit me with some knowledge, either on what is wrong with my particular setup, or if this is something from other places affecting me.

Thanks-

Edit: Trial without Hud: No issues whatsoever, no crashing, nothing. I will try again WITH Hud for then next several runs, and will post immediately to edit if i get the internet crashing issue again.

Thanks-
    Last edited by trevbo; 04-16-2018 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Update

Possible Intervention from Blizzard
    enigma32's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    4/738
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That happened a bunch of times to me at season start, no matter if I was running "clean" or not. Sometimes it would throw me out of the game only, other times I'd need to log in again. Smells like server issue to me.

3. Thanks trevbo (1 members gave Thanks to enigma32 for this useful post)
    trevbo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I havent had an issue like this, so I was wondering if it was only happening to me, and something with my setup, or if it was something being done recently by Blizz.

Thanks for the speedy reply and encouraging words Enigma!

DeeThree's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    30/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Running WinMTR - Blizzard Support

Follow the link above and run WinMTR while playing. It can take a while but it will definitively show where along the route the problem lies. 1016's are usually packet loss or a bad hop and most of the time NOT Blizzards fault. Getting your ISP to deal with a bad hop on a peering partner is their responsibility but good luck getting them to act on it.

The recent increased in game latency however has been inside Blizzard's network but they aren't acknowledging it. Different issue than your 1016 though.

Slacker's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been experiencing that as well, without knowing what tHud is though. Playing 100% legit, ive had disconnects where my computer loses internet connection entirely! Only happening when playing wow

Hazzbazzy's Avatar wannabe hackerlol Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    Been experiencing that as well, without knowing what tHud is though. Playing 100% legit, ive had disconnects where my computer loses internet connection entirely! Only happening when playing wow
    Toggle off IPv6 on your adapter and the client
    "HOLY TIME MACHINE BATMAN! it's 1973!"
    https://youtube.com/Hazzbazzy