0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thud randomly crashing

The crashing doesn't happen very often so it's hard to troubleshoot. I do run quite a few plugins, hoping someone has some ideas before I start cutting plugins in half to get down the the trouble one. The exceptions log has alot of errors with a stats tracker but I don't see a plugin for that, I don't even know if that's causing it to crash but it's my best guess.

I run Thud as administrator here is the exceptions log file this is repeating a ton:
    Also the folder is turbobeta but I'm running the latest stable version. This has been an issue ever since the release.
    Is there a way to turn off stat_tracker? Like I said I don't know if this is causing my crashes but would like to start there.
    I've already tried a fresh install of the latest thud but I also moved over all of the plugins I use.

Thud vanilla with no plugins doesn't crash at all.

Cheers in advance for any advice.

2018.04.13 06:57:57.925 StatTracker file is damaged: C:\turbobeta\stat_tracker\Anon#1769_total_t13.xml (System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\turbobeta\stat_tracker\Anon#1769_total_t13.xml' because it is being used by another process.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)
    at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials, IWebProxy proxy, RequestCachePolicy cachePolicy)
    at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrlDelegate(Object xmlResolver)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup( TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
    at System.Threading.CompressedStack.Run(CompressedStack compressedStack, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrl()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
    at System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadToFollowing(String name)
    at Infinity.Streams.Config.Load(XmlReader reader)
    at Infinity.Streams.Config.Load(String fileName)
    at Turbo.Collector.StatTracker.**‬**‏‏‪‬‫‎***‏***‬​‬‎‫‎*(Config , String )
    at Turbo.Collector.StatTracker.*‏*‎****‫‫*‬**‫‎‬‪‎‬‬*(String ))
    2018.04.13 06:59:23.507 collect exception (System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\turbobeta\stat_tracker\98603086_total_t13.xml' because it is being used by another process.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync)
    at System.Xml.XmlWriterSettings.CreateWriter(String outputFileName)
    at Infinity.Streams.Config.SaveAs(String fileName)
    at Turbo.Collector.StatTracker.*‎*‏​‎‬‬‎‏‬‫**‏​​​‫*‫‫*‬*‪*(Config , String )
    at Turbo.Collector.StatTracker.Save()
    at Turbo.Collector.Collect.*‏‬*‏‎*‎‎*​***‬*​*‏‬**‎‎‪‬*‎*(Boolean , Boolean , Boolean , Boolean )
    at Turbo.Collector.Collect.*‬*‫**​***‫‪***‪​**‫‫‎*‪*(Boolean ))
    Last edited by Sno900; 04-13-2018 at 02:41 PM.

Thud randomly crashing
    SeaDragon's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    140/299
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure what causes it to damaged, but I can prove that it will happen.

Sno900's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I got rid of alot of GLQ related plugins and the issue went away unfortunately I haven't pinpointed which one specifically but if anyone else is having issues they can start there first. The stat tracker errors are unrelated.

The exact symptom btw was Thud stopping for a while and then working again later without me restarting it. The floors didn't matter, sometimes it would stop at the beginning of the floor and start working again at the end. The mob type didn't matter either.

Looking at task manager at the end of the rift showed more than one instance so what I think what was happening is one instance "crashing?" and another instance starting?... not really sure.

One GR i had 3 instances of the turbomgr.exe running after experiencing the issue 2 times so that computes... 100% plugin related though.
    Last edited by Sno900; 04-13-2018 at 02:50 PM.

xblade2k7's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    101/32
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry but for me 0 errors, thud is working fine all time. Check antivirus or another app.

bm206's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    57/64
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turbomgr is not turbohud. You started the wrong program.

Sno900's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by bm206 View Post
    Turbomgr is not turbohud. You started the wrong program.
    I was executing the correct thing...
    Anyway I deleted all plugins and just extracted from a friend. Been playing for hours without a crash. I don't know which plugin was causing it unfortunately. If someone has the ability to delete this entire thread please do it isn't helpful.
    Last edited by Sno900; 04-14-2018 at 10:34 AM.

KillerJohn's Avatar TurboHUD HUDmaster CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    46/3335
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, in theory a plugin can not break a stattracker file. The exception above ("The process cannot access the file 'x' because it is being used by another process.") means something outside of the regular way how HUD works opened that file and didn't let HUD to read it (no access).

Plugins does not have access the stat tracker files, so I guess maybe an antivirus is causing this...
    Do not send me private messages unless it is absolutely necessary or the content is sensitive or when I ask you to do that...