Thanks G/R
    8/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10 Euro a month just for "traditional" Thud. What a joke. I really loved this project and have followed it for years, sad to say that I will never be using it again.

The end of TurboHUD development
  2. Thanks xblade2k7 (1 members gave Thanks to WyrmKin for this useful post)
    Daimonxp12's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by WyrmKin View Post
    10 Euro a month just for "traditional" Thud. What a joke. I really loved this project and have followed it for years, sad to say that I will never be using it again.
    Same, unless it's lowered by half.

4. Thanks xblade2k7 (1 members gave Thanks to Daimonxp12 for this useful post)
    chicknwing's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    8/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all your hard work all these years KJ. Gonna miss ya. See ya in D4! Take care.

Meomyo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for everything, I hope your health improves and you prosper in all ways, this is a very sad day, I for one will not bother with Diablo anymore as Turbohud made it the game it should be. I just wish the devs would stop being so pig headed and allow mods like TH

Take care and good luck

sssstephane's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, on turbohud.freeforum we have a vip access, we paid for that, so turbohud was not create on ownedcore.
    turbohud was build with community work not kj work (i do a lot of work on turbohud.freeforum like others), but now it's is work, I find it funny that the least experienced dev takes all the credits, and make the hud lock (remove parts that explain memory for exemple).
    the last time he tried to make it pay off, enigma come and do the work, same as when he can't update and said he quit (2 or 3 times ...) or when he can't update for x64 version.
    Kj was a troll for me, not a dev.

8. Thanks zootcadillac (1 members gave Thanks to sssstephane for this useful post)
    DiogoPessoa's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We all think that Diablo 3 would have decreed death with the announcement of D4. On the contrary, death came in this announcement with the end of the tool that left Diablo 3 "alive" until today. It is sad to know that the tool that was developed years ago with the community together with the devs, will be assembled ($$$$) for a game with 9-year-old diablo 3 (May 15, 2021). In my opinion, JK could end the cycle with a better way.

Conclusion TH:

Start - Difficult
    Half - Glory
    End - Disappointment

franehr's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    34/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10 euros per month holy fuck ... i guess the only mistake (if u wanted for TurboHUD masterpiece to stay alive) was that u gave it to the wrong hands ... @KillerJohn in my opinion better to make it opensource with sha256sum than give it to someone who will make abomination of it...
    Last edited by franehr; 03-31-2021 at 03:21 AM.

11. Thanks Leo07, tavisha (2 members gave Thanks to franehr for this useful post)
    Becksulinaa's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    6/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this drama only for money

franehr's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    34/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think its the matter of principle, more than money.. the fact is TurboHUD worth more than that abomination of a game diablo3. therefore , players that are economically endangered will rather stop play the game than to buy something that is essential to actually play it.

ToxicPhenom's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    8/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it happend.

I am fine in paying something fo the tool, but:
    1) The price is way to high. If they'd cut it in half i would be rather ok with it.
    2) You done it all the years for free and only got so many donations, i also only donated once.
    You fought all the years to not make money with it but keep it free. Now you give it to the people where you like 99% sure they would make money with it.

Further you fought against chinese players and rip offs which let THUD be used as an interlink for macro/etc.

All of thast hassle just to kinda throw it out within a blink of an eye?

Like other people stated, i think if you had made it open to the community there would have been some who could have updated and manged it.
    I can fix some programming things but i am not experienced with all the memory stuff, but there are many out there.

It's so sad in many ways...

15. Thanks franehr, johnbl, krazylid, tavisha (4 members gave Thanks to ToxicPhenom for this useful post)
    Leo07's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    33/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big thx for your work KJ ,best regards!!

SeaDragon's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    140/299
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those who curse have no conscience, put away your vicious curse. in fact, KJ has worked for free for many years and spent thousands of hours on it. For this reason, he has the right to choose the end of it. Don't kidnap him morally.

Best regards

18. Thanks Norben51 (1 members gave Thanks to SeaDragon for this useful post)
    takayo72's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    43/15
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TBH, KJ should foresee this ending of being handed over to another community which use it for monetization.
    Last edited by takayo72; 03-31-2021 at 03:50 AM.

20. Thanks johnbl (1 members gave Thanks to takayo72 for this useful post)
    xblade2k7's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    101/32
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by SeaDragon View Post
    Those who curse have no conscience, put away your vicious curse. in fact, KJ has worked for free for many years and spent thousands of hours on it. For this reason, he has the right to choose the end of it. Don't kidnap him morally.

Best regards
    Of course, of course, you speak like that because being a plugin programmer does not cost you money THUD since they ROSBOT say it very clearly, you leave the hypocrisy aside. Thanks

yangthrow09's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A big thank you to the developer of thud for keeping it running all these years. This addon was the only thing making d3 playable and a huge quality of life buff.

My only gripe is that he sold it to a botting website instead of making it opensource and giving it up to the community for free. Because everybody loves free shit while they also dont want to give up their own property away for free. I sure as hell wouldn't want to opensource my computer or car with my neighbors or anybody that wants to use it. Anyway, thud is his addon and he can do whatever he wants with his work and should be able to get some rewards from all of his efforts.

Either way, diablo 3 is at the end of its lifecycle and is getting pretty boring. Now is probably the time to quit finally quit diablo 3 and just play something else. There will be no more new major updates in d3 and with the death of thud, it is the final nail in the coffin. I mostly just play the first couple of weeks in the season and will probably not bother anymore considering how bad the UI is without Thud.

It has been fun while it lasted. Be happy that we got to use this great addon to diablo 3 for several years for free.
    Last edited by yangthrow09; 03-31-2021 at 04:31 AM.

23. Thanks xblade2k7 (1 members gave Thanks to yangthrow09 for this useful post)
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast