0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

win:32 trojan

curious why the .exe file of turbohud has a windows 32 trojan attached to it?

Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.d6!ml marked as severe.

win:32 trojan
    cyborgtemplar's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    judging by 33 views and no responses. i'm assuming it's either something nobody has an answer to or is blatantly obvious. . . . so some context

no, i don't use anything paired with turbohud to have gotten me banned from it, and yes turbohud does have an exception through my firewall. but the trojan attached to the .exe file does not. This didn't occur with previous versions and only with the most recent one. even though those were also including tracking my computers information. . . but something on my windows 32 files is a bit disconcerting. if something on my windows 32 files is needed for turbohud then I'll have to say goodbye to it, and by proxy d3 (not a fun game without thud, namely the bounty repetition and a couple specific maps that are very easy to go the wrong way and waste a ton of time). that's simply more risk then I'm willing to accept.
    Last edited by cyborgtemplar; 12-22-2020 at 12:45 AM.

xblade2k7's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    101/32
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THUD not is a trojan. Regards

jimmys96's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    224/210
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by cyborgtemplar View Post
    judging by 33 views and no responses. i'm assuming it's either something nobody has an answer to or is blatantly obvious. . . . so some context

no, i don't use anything paired with turbohud to have gotten me banned from it, and yes turbohud does have an exception through my firewall. but the trojan attached to the .exe file does not. This didn't occur with previous versions and only with the most recent one. even though those were also including tracking my computers information. . . but something on my windows 32 files is a bit disconcerting. if something on my windows 32 files is needed for turbohud then I'll have to say goodbye to it, and by proxy d3 (not a fun game without thud, namely the bounty repetition and a couple specific maps that are very easy to go the wrong way and waste a ton of time). that's simply more risk then I'm willing to accept.
    There is no trojan in TurboHUD. There's already been a million of these threads, use the search function and look for one KillerJohn has replied it. Malware does not get hosted on this website.

RNN's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    102/764
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by cyborgtemplar View Post
    A little reading would have been enough to avoid misunderstandings.

https://i.imgur.com/ZWtv8ad.png

"Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.d6!ml" It is the name that the antivirus gives to a Trojan, there is no file copied to a Win32 folder (I don't even think there is a folder with that name on your hard drive)

cyborgtemplar's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    appreciate it ty. . . and i did search the forum for win32 trojan and trojan but nothing seemed to pop up. perhaps i worded it poorly.

zootcadillac's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    7/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suspect, but can't know, that your antivirus is using heuristics to detect threads. Because of the way TH works in protecting itself AV sees that it works in a similar way to how some trojans work so it picks its best guess as to which trojan that will be. I get trojan warnings for every build that is released and the trojan is often not the same as the previous time. I simply whitelist the .exe every time I use a new build.