1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

threat detected

Wtf.: thud stops and shows threat detected, in logs file it shows OneNote (part Office 365) as threat, earlier it showed me Nahimic driver as a threat. Why tf you're monitoring processes in the first place, and then why regular software is flagged as threat!

threat detected
    Bs4237's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one too:

hostile process detected: RAVBg64, C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVBg64.exe

everknown's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    33/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by zupa1973 View Post
    Wtf.: thud stops and shows threat detected, in logs file it shows OneNote (part Office 365) as threat, earlier it showed me Nahimic driver as a threat. Why tf you're monitoring processes in the first place, and then why regular software is flagged as threat!
    You should read the Ban policy thread then to find out why this is happening...

zupa1973's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand that someone has an obsession with preventing any automation, but monitoring processes on somebody's computer is next level shit. No software does that, even heavy anticheat soft from AAA companies. This is intrusive and abuses user's privacy. Nobody has a right to monitor what ppl run on their computers and law in many countries actively prevents this, otherwise everyone would do that. Also, it flags random software as a threat which is mindboggling. How come drivers or Office 365 software are a threat for his anti-automation crusade?!

5. Thanks johnbl (1 members gave Thanks to zupa1973 for this useful post)
    fL0per's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    20/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by zupa1973 View Post
    I understand that someone has an obsession with preventing any automation, but monitoring processes on somebody's computer is next level shit. No software does that, even heavy anticheat soft from AAA companies. This is intrusive and abuses user's privacy. Nobody has a right to monitor what ppl run on their computers and law in many countries actively prevents this, otherwise everyone would do that. Also, it flags random software as a threat which is mindboggling. How come drivers or Office 365 software are a threat for his anti-automation crusade?!
    Dude, stop treating KJ as the bad actor here; even more if taken into account the lengths he has had to come to in order to keep developing this marvelous tool meanwhile keeping it as fair to use as close to a possible 100% —by assuming overhead to his development added in the form of needing to not only maintain TH, but also avoid the real bad actors from having anything to do with this project at all. Last thing this needed was that of a bad publicity. They're goddamn banwave fodder, and they happily deserve every ban they may get. But I've no intentions to risk myself because of those shitty 24/7 farmers. And KJ did only what HE NEEDED TO DO in order for us still being able to enjoy TH after this many years... 21 seasons (and the period before them).

If you think as you do, and feel all that your heavily worded comment tries to convey, there's no more advice than this:
    —It was a pleasure, and fun meanwhile it lasted. Now I wish farewell to you, and urge to stop complying with the minimal "ToS" that KJ "asked" you to accept –were you to go ahead using TH, only under your own responsibility and under no warranty whatsoever. You were warned, now you seem to be against it. So, The End.
    Or else...
    Last edited by fL0per; 11-25-2020 at 11:39 PM.

zupa1973's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys are delusional. Blizzard doesn't allow thud, and they tolerate it to the degree only because Diablo 3 is not a priority for them: the game doesn't bring them revenue, so they don't care about that. Also, they have a bigger problem with 5000+ botters than with thud. Still, any third party software, even freaking software coming with gaming accessories, is forbidden according to TOS, including thud. Thud is cheating as much as any automation tool and any other tool which is not released and approved by Blizzard. Nothing KJ does or will do changes that. So if you think his obsession with preventing automation will make Blizz to allow thud you're delusional. They can pull the plug just like that and start banning ppl for thud any time. Also, even Blizz doesn't monitor processes, otherwise they'll be banning 5000+ ppl which clearly they don't do. So stop trying being more paranoid than Blizz: it's not up to KJ to prosecute cheaters, so he should stop doing this, and let Blizz do whatever they wish, this is their game, their IP, and according to the law only they can regulate it, nobody else.

8. Thanks johnbl (1 members gave Thanks to zupa1973 for this useful post)
    johnbl's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    347/16
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's bizarre how many people here support what basically became a rootkit.

EX-Maus's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    5/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Free cheese, only in a mousetrap.
    Over the years, we got used to playing with TH, we can't live without it, and we don't want to.
    And here, like Covid-19 from Juhan, the problem with Ban policy + Chinese hacks
    - pHelper ...
    I don't know what it is, but I get -> threat detected <-
    I only use clickers and Eyle ..
    And what to do? Buy a new game? And there again is such a problem ..

zootcadillac's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    7/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure that you understand exactly what Blizzard's Warden software does. The Electronic Frontier Foundation have branded Warden "spyware" and claimed that it is a "a massive invasion of privacy".

Heidmall's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    .sorry mt...
    Last edited by Heidmall; 11-27-2020 at 05:46 PM.

zupa1973's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2020.12.01 11:38:17.881 hostile process detected: KillerNetworkService, C:\Windows\System32\drivers\RivetNetworks\Killer\KillerNetworkService.exe
    2020.12.02 19:15:38.952 hostile process detected: ONENOTE, C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\ONENOTE.EXE
    2020.12.05 21:39:20.157 hostile process detected: ONENOTE, C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\ONENOTE.EXE
    2020.12.05 21:52:05.624 hostile process detected: NahimicSvc64, C:\Windows\system32\NahimicSvc64.exe

make it stop...