Plugin blacklists / whitelists menu

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    KillerJohn's Avatar TurboHUD HUDmaster CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    46/3335
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by thewhatguy View Post
    Okay i see that.
    Then maybe publish a list of illegal namespaces, I think some people would use like System.IO without malicious intent, like some plugins did for writing own stats.
    There is already a protection in HUD which forbids some namespaces and classes and it does not even load if those are present.
    Last edited by KillerJohn; 03-17-2020 at 06:28 AM.

Plugin blacklists / whitelists
    RNN's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    103/774
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by KillerJohn View Post
    this gave me a good idea:
    Just add blacklisting, however not for plugins, but battle tags.
    So if I check once a week the plugins sent by TurboHUD to Dashboard then I flag the malicious plugins and all users who used those plugins will be blocked from using HUD for a period of time (let's say 5 days).

This is very easly to implement and fair with everybody.
    What do you think?
    I like the idea:
    Have a list of valid checksums to validate the loaded plugins at each start.
    If any new plugin is detected, it will be uploaded for analysis along with the user's battletag.
    Every X time check the new plugins uploaded, and if any are not accepted add the checksum to a blacklist and mark the battletag of the users of that plugin.
    Give a warning (when starting TH) and/or apply directly a temporary block to users with a marked battletag.
    I guess you would have to keep 3 checksum lists for plugins: blacklist, whitelist and one for plugins pending analysis (to avoid uploading the same file multiple times). It would also be advisable not to upload any files for the first x minutes (ex. 15 minutes) so that developers have time to test small code modifications and that these variations are not continuously uploading
    Last edited by RNN; 03-17-2020 at 11:06 AM.

Furnace123's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    5/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is very easly to implement and fair with everybody.
    What do you think?
    If im honest with you i like helpers really much, casting specific Skillz under specific conditions, makes the game alot more enjoyable and fun. For example cast ip when monk and WD are around (at new WD meta) or when both rathma Damagedealers are around, or on Rats cast Mages on full essence etc. I would like if people putting the time to find workarounds for thud use to make a Memory reading tool themself like d3helper from enigma and build their stuff around that, since i really want that Thud stays alive.

And you know what? If the last option for you and your personal feel good is to just disable custom plugins then do it. Put the common Plugins into a final version maybe add from time to time a few new ones and delete others and thats it. Or make an optionmenu maybe with a checkmark system where you can choose what plugins should be loadad (dunno how difficult that is you are the hudmaster^^).

I hope Helper developer put their time into something what works without thud but still memory reading that would be awesome for enjoyment.

Btw another question, people are fighting you i can see on Discord they talk normal but they fight against you in the end, would you mind to help them build a helper what works without thud? I guess they are not smart enough otherwise they would do. maybe thats on option , but dunno if you scared blizz will take actionjs against you then i could understand man.

cheers, thanks for your patience man really, you could just say fuck you all and thats it but you try find ways that we can still have fun with thud, really ty!

thewhatguy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    6/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope Helper developer put their time into something what works without thud but still memory reading that would be awesome for enjoyment.

Btw another question, people are fighting you i can see on Discord they talk normal but they fight against you in the end, would you mind to help them build a helper what works without thud? I guess they are not smart enough otherwise they would do. maybe thats on option , but dunno if you scared blizz will take actionjs against you then i could understand man.

cheers, thanks for your patience man really, you could just say fuck you all and thats it but you try find ways that we can still have fun with thud, really ty!
    Believe it or not, people are actually working on it. I talked to some people who succeeded but sensitive information is handled with care.

Also; it really is _not_ that simple. Getting hands on working memory based helper might be possible, but updating it is really a hard time, people are trying.
    Although if certain people would succeed, it won't be as public as TurboHUD, nor be ultra secret private.

Thanks G/R
    5/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yellow-bellys they are then, its okay to risk thud and get killerjohn maybe into trouble but themself they are scaredand poop in their pants if it comes to make it public. But if killerjohn comes in trouble its okay for them to put every thing public. And cant be that crazy Hard, d2k2 was able to do it. I guess you only need the knowledge.

thewhatguy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    6/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Furnace123 View Post
    Yellow-bellys they are then, its okay to risk thud and get killerjohn maybe into trouble but themself they are scaredand poop in their pants if it comes to make it public. But if killerjohn comes in trouble its okay for them to put every thing public. And cant be that crazy Hard, d2k2 was able to do it. I guess you only need the knowledge.
    That's a totally different thing. KJ is risking a lot for us. And every step too far in the wrong direction could cause this whole thing to come to a hard end.
    Don't underestimate the effort and time which has to go into something of this size, pretty disrespectful.

Thanks G/R
    5/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont wanna be disrespectful against people they put their free time into something to make the game more enjoyable for everyone i could even understand they want a little money for it then.

Could also understand if killerjohn would make it 5 bucks per Patch to get New hud. But i guess would put to much attention on him.

But its Really disrespectful if He stated like a long time to Not abuse hud to make helper and people Do it then.

And if someone is succesfull with something they made their own to hide it.

But anyway its Not the place to discuss that here.

I hope you have sucess John and hud will stay alive.

franehr's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    34/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If u ask me, i vote for: keep TurboHud safe and unique, if someone wants automation , helpers, and semi-bots , let them hire a programmer that will do it for them, there is a lot of developers out there... ty KJ for keeping Diablo 3 alive with TurboHud.

KillerJohn's Avatar TurboHUD HUDmaster CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    46/3335
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just learned there is another chinese people who is selling HUD customizations for money and workround to skip the version check.

I AM FUCKING FULL OF THIS SHIT NOW

Thanks G/R
    5/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just learned there is another chinese people who is selling HUD customizations for money and workround to skip the version check.

Why Not be Straight forward john, i know you dont like to hurt normal users but your ideas Where good like i said Just go 1 step more if its last chance. Disable Chinese Support and also Disable custom plugins by default. You could Check here and there if you have time for plugins that people are thinking about or give the most developing 5 people access to create New ones. They could get their on sub forum Where people could ask if they have ideas and thats it.

johnbl's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    347/16
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's no way you can win this KJ. Seriously.
    Take a look at all of the copy protection schemes for games ever made (Safedisk, Securom, Steam, Denuvo, etc). All of them were bypassed.
    Turbohud is already against the Blizzard TOS. Ros-bot is against Blizzard TOS.
    Limiting a few plugins is not going to change that.
    What you fight so hard to protect is already "illegal", so I really don't see why you get so worked up with automation plugins and/or chinese hackers of TH.
    Ever since the beginning you already lost this fight.

knight84's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    24/18
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i can u nderstand killjohn in his meaning, i mean its his project and if anyone can say what is allowed with thud, then its kj, and no one else . kj dont want this copies from his work, bcs its steeling his work, he also dont whant automatisation so he will continue work against that thing. i think if it not stop at some point, kj will just stop makeing hud and then blizzard can close down the d3 servers.

sry for bad english

BeeAntOS's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    239/28
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eventually, TurboHUD is a private property even against Blizzard's TOS, or not!

Therefore, it is @KillerJohn 's most natural right to lock the door of his property to prevent those who will enter the "house" without permission, and if they enter the "house" without permission, to determine and register them before the law!

After all, even if a criminal can not be found among the suckers in the HackerDump (!), it will also be a record that @KillerJohn is not be an instrument to them!

The rest is up to Blizzard, not to anyone else!.. If they wishes, they fights on TurboHUD and so stick a bullet in their own heels!

It is not the concern of many of you, who will win and who will lose in that fight/war (or what else you say)!.. Your concern and expectation is to hope TurboHUD will be a convenient tool for automation!
    "When you reach the top, get ready to drop!"

xxmyjk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And they even have a offical website named with turbohud. Shame on it, and sorry for what the bad part of THUD users or developers doing to THUD. ( In face I'm a developer from China, and redirect from hacked THUD to ownedcore)

Maybe you can create an offical github repo to collect plugins, this will make users easy to find plugin and easy using THUD, and also, code(plugin) contributing & reviewing should be easy.
    Last edited by xxmyjk; 03-30-2020 at 04:15 AM.

Razzko's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    15/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For what it's worth, my use case as someone who plays D3 every other season and isn't very well versed in coding: I edit the default plugins to add ID's of buffs I want to track, like e.g. I really like having the In-geom buff in the middle of the screen, or certain sets/items that require me to press a button every X seconds - I like to place that buff somewhere in the middle or under the character to remind me to press it. Especially all the various damage reduction buffs in the game that require you to use a skill every 6 seconds or something and you literally instantly die if you don't - I hate this kind of design, and that functionality of TH relieves a lot of the pain.

It'd kind of suck having this functionality taken away, however, I can think of at least one middleground: allow plugins to have editable configs. Like, you could allow plugins to have a text file that end-users can edit, and only allow plugin creators to use this for things like letting a user add a buff id, change a text size, etc.

It's definitely even more work, but if you're going to fight this fight... just an idea.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12