Permanent closure of the plugin API and the removal of China/Asia realm support menu

User Tag List

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    s4000's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    18/272
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by xblade2k7 View Post
    the best way, release THUD using default plugins and NO external plugins posibility.
    ya, and the number of d3 players go download further

Permanent closure of the plugin API and the removal of China/Asia realm support
    RNN's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    104/776
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Publishing a closed version of TH including popular, varied and in quantity plugins (with the possibility of being able to disable them and configure ) really does not seem too bad a choice.
    Publishing a closed version of TH including only defaults plugins I think it would have important consequences, it would be like leaving D3 without TH but on a small scale. You cannot remove functionalities to a program when you already have users accustomed to them.

There is one thing that I love about this topic, and that is that all plugins reserved for private use (due to an interpretation of competitiveness misunderstood in my opinion) will come to light.I like the "breaking changes" in the new versions for this reason.: each member of a clan has a good friend with whom he shares a private plugin, and this has another good friend, ... . When these changes occur, the plugin stops working and someone posts it here to fix it and be able to Continue using it
    I have always thought that one of the reasons why blizzard could never publicly allow the use of TH is: that it is not a closed program, competitively it would not be fair because some people have access to more functions (plugins) than others.
    Last edited by RNN; 09-29-2019 at 08:28 AM.

kleks's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - solution #b:
    - solution #2:

bm206's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    57/64
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by KillerJohn View Post
    I think I managed to implement something funny (it is funny, considering HUD is an un-wanted extension of D3 and now I am trying to prevent using un-wanted extensions of HUD...):

HUD automatically terminates if a known automation framework (like AHK) is running on the user's PC
    Currently it is based on memory reading, but in the future it could monitor the APM of the user and if it is impossibly high then it can quit too.
    Many people use ahk for Wizard macro or other macros which don't need or read HUD. And I don't want to use gaming software from Logitech or something like this.
    So I think this would be a bad idea.
    Last edited by bm206; 09-29-2019 at 07:18 AM.

iThinkiWin's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    25/25
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    deleted this.
    Last edited by iThinkiWin; 09-29-2019 at 08:21 AM. Reason: need to pm

JarJarD3's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    41/101
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by RNN View Post
    The first, intended to develop, limited, that is strongly protected, that performance is not a priority, and that cannot be used for competitive mode / gain experience.
    The second: a full version where only approved plugins work.
    AFAIK "strongly protected" in game hacking scene means that it might take a little longer to break.
    KJ can try to obfuscate his code as much as he can, but then when he releases it others has an option to modify it to their own needs.
    Even AAA game development teams can not prevent it. They can mitigate it to certain measure and ofc they can ban those who violate the rules and are caught in it.
    This is a really bad situation.

As long THUD is published it can be abused by certain number of players.
    I believe that we must just accept the fact or other 99% will suffer in one way or an other and still it will not prevent the abuse.

AFAIK all changes KJ has made to make "illegal" use of THUD impossible has been resolved quite easily.
    This season has been kind of lost already.
    We time to think what needs to be done for next season that does not kill THUD community.

xratedownz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    23/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I managed to implement something funny (it is funny, considering HUD is an un-wanted extension of D3 and now I am trying to prevent using un-wanted extensions of HUD...):

HUD automatically terminates if a known automation framework (like AHK) is running on the user's PC
    Currently it is based on memory reading, but in the future it could monitor the APM of the user and if it is impossibly high then it can quit too.
    So bad idea... I am using ahk scripts for my wizard , monk , necro...

RNN's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    104/776
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by JarJarD3 View Post
    This season has been kind of lost already.
    We time to think what needs to be done for next season that does not kill THUD community.
    D3 is no longer a challenge, and competition is an illusion. I remembered what I saw yesterday
    Last edited by RNN; 09-29-2019 at 10:12 AM.

rosbot12345's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where does a hack begin for you? Like how is for example the maphack that default TH implements not a hack? And why do you even want to fight a losing battle like this?

If you are hellbent on doing this you can go for Solution b and 2, but that is just going to be a race on how long it takes people to break it.

I mean you should know this. This entire project is a hack of D3

10. Thanks TheLegend47 (1 members gave Thanks to rosbot12345 for this useful post)
    RNN's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    104/776
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what I think:
    As I understand it, it is not a matter of hacks, but of survival.
    TH is an overlay that provides additional information and improves the game's interface.
    If it facilitates the use of programs that automate actions (that play for you) it would be to raise a grade / level
    This tool was always on the tightrope and does not want to give an excuse to facilitate its disappearance.

dieudo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KJ,

I think it's a bad idea too. I don't use ahk for gameplay, but i use it in town for somes things like : fast crafting / fast recycling / reroll items etc and i use it too, to use paragon swap cuz i play different builds which needs different paragon optimization ( vita and main stat ) and i don't have any other solution to do it except by myself.... but it's really slow compare to an AHK scripts. I love THUD and I love D3, but loosing time in town to make all of theses is just annoying, i don't have a lot of time to play and I just want to play the game .. i'm pretty sure i'm not alone in this case.

JarJarD3's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    41/101
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Trying to detect AHK is as futile as preventing THUD used for auto clickers.
    You can disguise AHK in so many ways...

Or you can do it with plain old Windows API if you can program a bit.
    Its a bit tedious but reasonably easy to do (a tool like AHK).

zupa1973's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tbh, TurboHUD is not a proprietary IP you can protect, it breaks a bunch of copyright laws and Blizzard terms of service, so even bothering to protect it against any further hacks is laughable. It is game hack by any measure, and it is cheating by any measure, differentiating between THUD and macros, i.e., the first is okay, the other is bad, is again laughable. Using map hacks, macros, ahk, any 3rd party software should be at private discretion of each player, each player's own choice. You don't like macros? Fine, nobody forces you to use them. But don't prevent others from using them it they wish to do it. Imho, THUD should be an open source project, open to anybody to contribute, or to make custom fork, or whatever.

Monitoring user's PC is on yet another level. This is invading user's privacy and a security vulnerability, you would make THUD into spyware.

And blocking macros as a matter of survival? LOL. Ros-bot operates unhindered for years, and they charge their users monthly fee for using it (i.e., profiting from breaking Blizz' TOS and copyright), and Blizzard wouldn't bother to sue them or whatever. So they won't touch THUD, or any other map hack for that matter regardless if it supports macros or doesn't.

Punishing people for using macros is at Blizzard's discretion, not yours. So far I have never heard about anybody banned for using macros or THUD in the recent several seasons, they do ban for botting though. So clearly, Blizz doesn't care if you use macros or not. You shouldn't care about that too.
    Last edited by zupa1973; 09-29-2019 at 11:39 AM.

xblade2k7's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    101/32
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much as we all feel, the solution we already know what it is. Do not release more THUD versions. That is the definitive solution.

User5981's Avatar First Dev On The Internet
    Thanks G/R
    30/358
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about TurboHUD reading the leaderboards with the D3 api and auto closing if the battletag is in it ?
    Supported version for all Resu plugins

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast