Permanent closure of the plugin API and the removal of China/Asia realm support menu

User Tag List

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    ToxicPhenom's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    8/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fighting it is a tilt at windmills.

In the end KJ distance himself from people using it for such things. Not THUD is used to automate, there has to be an external program. (Still both violate the ToS though)
    It's a connection link between those 2, but in no way encouraged to do so.
    Like someone said it's blizz job to ban those who use automation, not yours.

I have seen other projects where the leader gone a wrong way because of minority of people, and it never went well...
    But it's your project and you can do whatever you want with it. But i think it won't increase user count.

Permanent closure of the plugin API and the removal of China/Asia realm support
    JarJarD3's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    41/101
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    First suffers "legitimate" THUD and plugin users.
    Then suffers plugin authors and contributors (if they can't bypass THUD protections, which the can now).
    Last or never suffers THUD abusers (as they should be able to bypass all THUD protections being so clever).

The more I think this, the more it seems that better to not do anything at all.
    Now there is about one person mad about the situation and rest are quite cool.
    Changing something may reverse the situation and can be the end of this.

xblade2k7's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    101/32
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is best to ignore hackers, they can complicate your life a lot and get to the point of abandoning everything, surely if you do not release more versions they can are able to create an autoupdate for the latest version (patching application or another method) that came out when it does not work ..., they can break the validation, etc ... all that bothers to do is one more stimulus for a hacker, do not feed them ... and launch only THUD with the default plugins, without the possibility of being able to add anything externally.

phenomenalkkk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    leave as-is.

blocking AHK, monitoring user input to detect potential automate? you're going from being someone blizzard won't ever bother pursuing (see above re: ros-bot) to someone who then is going to begin to violate actual privacy laws.. so thud goes from a civil matter to a criminal matter in alot of countries? all to stop someone who is reading a COE or something?

150 in 4 min, D3 is not a competition anymore, ever.

thud is a cheat itself. alot of people who use it, turn on ros-bot when they shut it down and go to bed. everybody is using macros for something or other.

just leave it as-is, let them do what they want to do, you are not advertising it as a feature or encouraging it, but you will place yourself in hot water if you aren't careful all to try to stop someone in china who will easily reverse engineer anything you do and still carry on as-is while everyone else gets hurt in the process.

removing obfuscation, and decompiling C# applications is not rocket science.. even if the program was completely locked down, fully obfuscated, etc, it is not that difficult to remove all of this protection and carry on doing whatever you want to do. even native applications aren't particularly challenging in this regard (hence how you read D3's memory to start with - by reading what it is doing in memory manually and deciphering). look at the fact that when bliz tried to stop people reading their memory, it was reverse engineered in weeks, and has never been the same challenge to do again.

I've known alot of developers who ruin their software trying to prevent for example piracy, when they never actually succeed in doing so. this is a similar situation. it's not a road you wanna go down, the hackers WILL still do whatever they want.

5. Thanks TheLegend47 (1 members gave Thanks to phenomenalkkk for this useful post)
    AnotherOwnedCoreUser's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How to kill your Own creation 101

7. Thanks TheLegend47 (1 members gave Thanks to AnotherOwnedCoreUser for this useful post)
    xblade2k7's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    101/32
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah but for example hackers dont hack RoSBot... just come here to do wrong

AnotherOwnedCoreUser's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why hacking Rosbot? it does what you want, also you can do your own scripts, its higly customizable, no one hacked thud before KJ put all this BS in it

xratedownz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    23/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by xblade2k7 View Post
    yeah but for example hackers dont hack RoSBot... just come here to do wrong
    lol? rosbot already cracked and they are selling it 150$ for month with extras...
    I dont know about hacking some software or how to do it but i am pretty sure almost everything can be hacked. You cant prevent from it even you block plugins or region etc... And i believe if you piss chinese dudes they will crack THUD and publish source code or something...
    No need this fight , just leave it as it is. Zyhelper was very usefull for most of us and KJ killed it. Blizzard doesnt care you automate things in Diablo3. I am botting 7/24 with rosbot since 2 years. Never banned...
    And, all leaderboards people using d3helper. They doesnt care THUD has automation or not
    Last edited by xratedownz; 09-29-2019 at 03:40 PM.

ch25's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    34/33
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I vote for #b #2.
    About AHK and other automation software.
    Many people are using it as wizard macro, healer macro, personally I use AHK to gamble. It have nothing to do with TH, but closing TH because of that makes no sense.
    I would rather limit ability to mod TH by unauthorised persons than punish many other players.

takayo72's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    43/15
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by RNN View Post
    D3 is no longer a challenge, and competition is an illusion. I remembered what I saw yesterday
    WOW gr150 speed

13. Thanks jpppsychomb (1 members gave Thanks to takayo72 for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    43/15
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As zupa1973 said, ONLY Blizzard has the rights to banned 3rd party software which violate their ToS

d3lak's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/17
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the idea of HUD terminating if AHK or any other known automation programs are open. This may help.

Thanks G/R
    43/15
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for gaming automation, without handy tool like AHK, Python script can do the similar job as AHK, but it';s just not as handy as AHK

TheLegend47's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There will always be a way to automate the keys or use any scripts. You can write them in Python, C, Java or anything else. You could even read the pixel data of "normal plugins" like party buff or cooldown-displays. There is no way of winning this fight. The only thing you will destroy if you really try to fight other 3rd party programs is THud itself. And not only for those who use any kind of automation but for every one.

You made a clear state against this use of thud but since, as I said, its not possible to prevent this, I would highly recommend to let it be like it is now.

Second thing is: I just don't understand why it would bother anyone, that anyone else uses automation in D3. Its not pvp, and its not really competitive anymore.
    No one hurts you if he uses any kind of automation. In my opinion, you should let every body play the game, as its best and most fun for them.

Vern1701's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    12/49
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    B and 2 here too. I will add that I will support anything KJ does. There are those in Asia who are hardcore gamers, to the point of going 2-4 days without sleep. It is very difficult to identify those people, unless you look at patterns in their gaming use. Some countries have ways of doing this, but never go public with it. It is an unfortunate situation that this has happened, but not unexpected. Chinese servers are not wholly owned by Blizzard, but they do stay in touch with those that do. In that regard, it is possible that the situation is being monitored, however, as far as what that means for TH... Who knows?

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast