Permanent closure of the plugin API and the removal of China/Asia realm support menu

User Tag List

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    TehVoyager's Avatar I just love KuRIoS
    Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I havnt used TH since before the Necro was released hell i think i helped test it back when it first launched.

Shame to hear people are abusing it.

#2 seems like the way to go, but you need to think of some way for people who want to start developing plugins to join. plus, how would those people be able to test their plugins? how would established developers be able to test updates? cant push untested code live every update.

#b seems like a "Nuke it from Orbit" solution, and i'm opposed to it for the same reason i was opposed to the "region lock china" solution everyone was harping on about for PUBG. its $&#**^% racist. Not all hackers and botters are chinese. not all chinese are hackers. unfortunatly, i think a different solution needs to be thought up for that.

Idea: Completely disable the log, or only have it generate if a specific command line switch is used, which disables functionality of some things in the hud (to get error messages or such)

(don't post things I post to Patreon.)

Permanent closure of the plugin API and the removal of China/Asia realm support
    RNN's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    104/776
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It could allow the use of unapproved plugins in certain situations, for example only in difficulty less than torment and/or in single player mode. nothing that allows to play competitively or gain experience

s4000's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    18/272
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by RNN View Post
    It could allow the use of unapproved plugins in certain situations, for example only in difficulty less than torment and/or in single player mode. nothing that allows to play competitively or gain experience
    No idea how KJ solve this issue, but some of my plugin find bug only in multi-player game

Thanks G/R
    18/272
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will choose solution #b: & solution #2:

but please dont remove the chinese language support, my D3 is in english & through the chinese hud for better communication with my taiwan teammate
    Last edited by s4000; 09-27-2019 at 09:24 PM.

5. Thanks dothepe (1 members gave Thanks to s4000 for this useful post)
    odaru7788's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    45/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Th brings a very good gaming experience for d3. I am a Chinese user in non-China areas.
    I have always used the original English version but the Chinese interface is really necessary.
    Normal players are implicated. It is unfair.

KillerJohn's Avatar TurboHUD HUDmaster CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    46/3335
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by RNN View Post
    this sounds a very good idea for plugin development!
    Do not send me private messages unless it is absolutely necessary or the content is sensitive or when I ask you to do that...

iThinkiWin's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    25/25
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by KillerJohn View Post
    this sounds a very good idea for plugin development!
    Trying to prevent cheating as a developer on a forum that specializes in cheating, you got it rough.

I personally don't like the idea of changing the system; The only joy I find in this game anymore is the
    modding itself, but I do understand your goal in not getting targeted by blizzard like the various
    malicious/automation software(s).

Pixelsearching/RGB: AntiCheat detection collects the reads from the RGB software so you are in the
    clear with this even if people do use it, No?

A different solution : Log reading fix. (Just like that previous post said but in a different way)
    Keep logs as normal, but debugging only allowed in Low Tier instead of limiting plugins, this way
    no logs can be used at all during high level GR/Competitive play. (except log/dump you, KJ control)

RNN's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    104/776
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by iThinkiWin View Post
    A different solution : Log reading fix. (Just like that previous post said but in a different way)
    Keep logs as normal, but debugging only allowed in Low Tier instead of limiting plugins, this way
    no logs can be used at all during high level GR/Competitive play. (except log/dump you, KJ control)
    This is a measure that could easily and quickly be incorporated into the next version.
    To set concrete values ​​as an example: "you cannot write in logs if the level of gr is greater than 20 (ranking, speed) or the difficulty is greater than Torment 1 (bounties, keys)"
    (by the way, Hud.Game.SpecialArea == SpecialArea.None if you hide the progress bar (or the boss dies) . It seems to me that the only direct and fast way to know if you are on a map of gr is to check Hud.Game.Me.InGreaterRiftRank> 0, always set to at least 0 )

And finally you force people to update
    Last edited by RNN; 09-28-2019 at 06:05 AM.

takayo72's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    43/15
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iIf those 3rd party tools using the log, disable the log will banned those 3rd party tools.
    Only exceptions will be generated in the log.

For hacking, is it possible to add some code for integrity checking e.g. checksum?

11. Thanks jpppsychomb (1 members gave Thanks to takayo72 for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    18/272
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by takayo72 View Post
    iIf those 3rd party tools using the log, disable the log will banned those 3rd party tools.
    Only exceptions will be generated in the log.

For hacking, is it possible to add some code for integrity checking e.g. checksum?
    logging file is useful for collecting data, if no logging file, some plugin cannot create

KillerJohn's Avatar TurboHUD HUDmaster CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    46/3335
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by iThinkiWin View Post
    Trying to prevent cheating as a developer on a forum that specializes in cheating, you got it rough.

I personally don't like the idea of changing the system; The only joy I find in this game anymore is the
    modding itself, but I do understand your goal in not getting targeted by blizzard like the various
    malicious/automation software(s).

Pixelsearching/RGB: AntiCheat detection collects the reads from the RGB software so you are in the
    clear with this even if people do use it, No?

I don't think the problem is with the logs, but your idea is good ofc.
    The problem is the pixel reading. I hardly think HUD could/should detect pixel reading software...
    Do not send me private messages unless it is absolutely necessary or the content is sensitive or when I ask you to do that...

14. Thanks iThinkiWin (1 members gave Thanks to KillerJohn for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    46/3335
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I managed to implement something funny (it is funny, considering HUD is an un-wanted extension of D3 and now I am trying to prevent using un-wanted extensions of HUD...):

HUD automatically terminates if a known automation framework (like AHK) is running on the user's PC
    Currently it is based on memory reading, but in the future it could monitor the APM of the user and if it is impossibly high then it can quit too.

JarJarD3's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    41/101
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just bumped into this thread and are here some quick comments.

I'd be willing to pay you 10 bucks for the download every time Blizzard does an update; TurboHUD adds that much enjoyment to the game for me.
    I might consider paying for THUD, but this has nothing to do with anti-anti-piracy measures discussed here.
    I paid for the D3 game and paying more to play it the way I wan't is no problem for me.

Just ban namespaces or certains words or find other solutions please, but leave us the possibility of coding.
    Does not work. Hackers are always more clever and dedicated than you.

I'd like to see a proper solution, because to be honest, blocking a whole realm would be pathetic and sad

Force TurboHUD to download of a sort of sha256sum to compare its own integrity before running

#2 seems like the way to go, but you need to think of some way for people who want to start developing plugins to join.
    plus, how would those people be able to test their plugins? how would established developers be able to test updates?
    cant push untested code live every update.
    Does not work. Test could be limited to T1 but this can bypassed by dedicated hackers as well.

The problem is the pixel reading. I hardly think HUD could/should detect pixel reading software...
    That is true. One can not detect the process that is reading pixels and it is also impossible to detect the plugins that write pixels.
    And you can not hide THUD overlay window from other processes to access it.

HUD automatically terminates if a known automation framework (like AHK) is running on the user's PC
    Currently it is based on memory reading, but in the future it could monitor the APM of the user and if it is impossibly high then it can quit too.
    That is interesting solution: compare timings of all important game event like cooldown expiration etc. and compare them to the rate of keyboard events (SendInput API etc.).
    Auto clicker macros work with very tight timings in order to be good.
    But not easiest to implement.

I have fought with hackers in one mobile game startup and we were always one step behind and less knowledgeable than the hackers.
    Our platform was UNITY and C# and automatic obfuscation (tools) can get you only so far but by no means make you much safer.
    You have to create your own tooling that does it differently than open source or commercial obfuscation tools.
    And in addition create your own hard to understand parts of the code by hand that do some critical stuff and in very obscure ways.
    But the price is high in maintainability and even performance. And the time you devote to create anti-hacking features that is kind of waste of the time.
    When you give away and executable (especially in C# and Java) it is "very easy" to reverse-engineer it and alter to your needs.

"solution #b" seems to me the best way to go but is has the loophole that plugins must be tested before they are published.
    And this "test feature" can be used by hackers to open THUD for anything they want.
    Last edited by JarJarD3; 09-29-2019 at 05:50 AM. Reason: fix typo

xblade2k7's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    101/32
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the best way, release THUD using default plugins and NO external plugins posibility.

RNN's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    104/776
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any ideas:

Can't implement any licensing / serial method? (as a certain known program)

Two versions of TH could be published :
    The first, intended to develop, limited, that is strongly protected, that performance is not a priority, and that cannot be used for competitive mode / gain experience.
    The second: a full version where only approved plugins work.
    I would have the inconvenience of having to keep two separate versions
    Last edited by RNN; 09-29-2019 at 06:20 AM.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast