4/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ak47.mobil View Post
    Now i have time for girlfriend. KJ help me, she wants sex!
    I ventured out into the real world for several hours when the double patch hit... almost got sunburn from the exposure to real light.. my girlfriend said "who the hell are you... i don't know you".. so i guess i am in the same boat.. I feel for ya.. lol

New Diablo 3 Bugfix Patch
    Vern1701's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    12/49
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will know more after BNet maintenance, but the cause of the patch was definitely not game-related. Basically, the services that control the BNet App (both desktop and mobile) and connect to the various games' social aspects introduced a big bug a few cycles ago (2-3 weeks). Game play has not been affected (Squirt's was a PTR bug that survived and will NOT be fixed until next game patch), but since people need to actively communicate during sessions and couldn't, a new patch had to be pushed. The App and all of the services related to it will be patched with the latest fixes in less than an hour and be down for at least 1 hour.

Most Blizz games received minor patches to account for the new protocols that will probably be introduced with the upcoming BNet maintenance. Unfortunately, since D3 can now handle patches without the need for a separate maintenance cycle, we get hosed. After maintenance concludes, I will check to see if the services handling D3's social network are stable. Once the check is complete, KJ, you'll be able to upload the new version. I'll be able to know by 2 PM PDT, which may seem like much, but given the previous week's reports, it's best to err on the cautious side.

KillerJohn's Avatar TurboHUD HUDmaster CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    46/3335
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Vern1701 View Post
    Thank god for BNet maintenance in four hours, then. I will let you know, KJ, if they do need another patch. I'm hoping that the maintenance will do the trick, but after last week's cycle... I'll know more by 5 pm PDT today. I do need some sleep, though, but I'll be back later. For the record, the gameplay aspect of the game is stable. However, the entire box (which includes the social aspect) has to be included for a patch to be certified, as KJ knows. We'll revisit this this afternoon PDT.

I will say that WoW does hotfixes in these situations, but being an MMO, that's to be expected. D3 is a different genre, so it has to be approached another way. Possibly some backend work would be done that doesn't require another patch, but that's just me brainstorming. Only the techs working on the issues know the answers, hence my tweets that were sent out earlier.
    I can't see Diablo 3 on that maintenance list...
    Do not send me private messages unless it is absolutely necessary or the content is sensitive or when I ask you to do that...

KillerJohn's Avatar TurboHUD HUDmaster CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    46/3335
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by LazyDruid View Post
    I ventured out into the real world for several hours when the double patch hit... almost got sunburn from the exposure to real light.. my girlfriend said "who the hell are you... i don't know you".. so i guess i am in the same boat.. I feel for ya.. lol
    perfect wife material!
    Do not send me private messages unless it is absolutely necessary or the content is sensitive or when I ask you to do that...

Thanks G/R
    12/49
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's because they have figured out a way to patch the game without taking the servers down. This has been the norm for at least two years, although it is very frustrating for you. Especially in a situation like this. Due to the new patching system, they generally wait until a season is over and give us plenty of warning (two weeks). So, this is a rare instance where an in season patch happened.

Thanks G/R
    12/49
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    7 mins ago:

The scheduled maintenance for #Bnet services is impacting logins for Blizzard games at this time. Thank you for your patience during this maintenance. We'll share updates as they become available.

BlizzCS.

Thanks G/R
    46/3335
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HUD update released. Cheers!

8. Thanks odaru7788, Vern1701, Ranger88, JollyTex, saesch81, anaelle, krazylid (7 members gave Thanks to KillerJohn for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    12/49
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Downloading now. By the way, you're welcome. Lost some sleep, but I really wanted to nip this issue ASAP and get everyone going again. It was worth it to keep the updates flowing and communication consistent and timely.

GraxiZ's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We live boys!

Saico's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    35/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hud is back then D3 comes to live again =)

Thanks for your efforts KJ

JollyTex's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    44/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KJ needs another "atta boy" from all, with at donation!

StoneOld's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    9/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Buzzy62 View Post
    I am having the same issue. No details on the patch, but it definitely broke TH.
    The patch was to fix the communication problems within Clans in the game, and the messaging system in the Blizzard app. No actual game issues were fixed. But every update Blizzard does breaks TurboHUD for a while. KJ has no problem adjusting for these types of patches, it's just a matter of him getting to it. So give him a week or ten days to look at it, then start asking questions...

Yeah, and when I can, I send him ten bucks...

JarJarD3's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    41/101
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Funny that I got one exception when starting latest THUD with all my plugins.
    Code:
    2019.09.25 22.04.50.827	19.9.25.0	error while compiling the plugins (System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
       at ‪‬*‏‪**​‏‫‪*‎*‬*‫*‫*‎‬**.****‏*‏‏​*‏**‬**​‎‏*(String , String , String )
       at ‪‬*‏‪**​‏‫‪*‎*‬*‫*‫*‎‬**.​‬*​‫‬‎*​‏*‬*‬‫‏‫**‎**‬‫‎*(CSharpCodeProvider , CompilerParameters , String[] ))
    When I reverted back to standard plugins in distribution the error went away.

Previous version worked OK.
    It would be nice to know which plugin caused this (or what ever), now I have to try with one plugin at a time to test until I found what is wrong here

bondino2's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    many thx ! Works complete fine for me

Silkdog569's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    11/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a FYI One of Resu plugins does cause exception with new hud. He is already aware and will look at it later today.
    Plugin that throws exception is -- DeluxeInventoryFreeSpacePlugin

Exception thrown is
    2019.09.25 13:27:35.853 19.9.25.0 error while compiling the plugins (System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    at ‪‬*‏‪**​‏‫‪*‎*‬*‫*‫*‎‬**.****‏*‏‏​*‏**‬**​‎ ‏*(String , String , String )
    at ‪‬*‏‪**​‏‫‪*‎*‬*‫*‫*‎‬**.​‬*​‫‬‎*​‏*‬*‬‫‏‫**‎**‬ ‫‎*(CSharpCodeProvider , CompilerParameters , String[] ))

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast