Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A word about S16

From Blizz:

To accommodate both the desire we’ve heard for an extension of Season 16 as well as to give us more time to prepare Season 17 (and Patch 2.6.5), we are moving the Season 16 end date to May 12.

Woo hoo.

A word about S16
    icheck's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    11/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's an excuse to leave D3 in a state of lethargy, blizzard do not want to prepare a new patch, and also do not plan a new season, in the short term

Vern1701's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    12/49
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the full text of why S16 is being extended:

Season 16 has proved to be our most popular Themed Season yet, and we’re glad to hear so many of you are enjoying experimenting with the Ring of Royal Grandeur buff. We’ve seen some really cool and unique builds come out of community theorycrafting and seeing them play out in practice has been exciting! We have plans for Season 17, but they are going to need some time for us to test both internally and via PTR closer to launch.

To accommodate both the desire we’ve heard for an extension of Season 16 as well as to give us more time to prepare Season 17 (and Patch 2.6.5), we are moving the Season 16 end date to May 12.

We hope that you’re enjoying the change-up to your gameplay during the Season of Grandeur and can’t wait to share with you what we’ve got in store for our next theme.

Believe what you will, but this is further proof that themed seasons are, for lack of a better word, fun. Also, it gives the devs more time to come up with clever ideas, despite the community's clamor for the next installment on PC.

beranaco's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    17/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the only thing i believe is d3 is going to die. more time for another patch? i think it will be the last patch the game will see.
    activision blizzard is decreasing its manpower due to costreduction or somewhat new projects. there is no need to invest time and money in this dead game. they will give us the last patch and then its finished...

Vern1701's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    12/49
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They actually are adding new devs in the Diablo IP. However, given that D3 turns 7 three days after S16 ends, it is slowly fading. Death is a relative term in Blizzard's view. If it hasn't been yet, D3 will be handed over to the Classic Games teams soon.

ch25's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    34/33
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Season till May? Boring...

KillerJohn's Avatar TurboHUD HUDmaster CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    46/3335
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wtf, season ends in MAY ? wow, that's low even for Blizzard Next season will end in 2021
    Do not send me private messages unless it is absolutely necessary or the content is sensitive or when I ask you to do that...