Thanks G/R
    1/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh. As I've concerned for a long time, thank you KJ for giving me an opportunity to talk about this.
    I’d like to talk a lot, so forgive me for my strange English.
    I even think foolishly that you had known there was a charged version in China and allowed it before.

I’ll call “Chinese charged version of TurboHUD” as “CThud” for brevity following. And it official name is “TurboHUD Chinese Manager”. And there's many other versions, which mentioning later.
    I'm a Chinese D3player for 3 years, and started using THUD in 2018.

At first I only knew the CThud, which could easily found by Chinese Search Engines like Baidu, like most Chinese HUD users.
    Since 2015, someone created CThud, and some related websites and forum, and sold it. And I have to say, the piracy version maker probably earned much these years, result from so many D3 players in China.
    Also, cracked version of demonbuddy was sold cheaper in China, too. All the same way.

CThud truly has some improvements,
    1. It provides an easily used UI to adjust plugins and functions.
    2. It contains more plugins, some made by themselves, some copied from Ownedcore master-users’ shared.
    3. It creates plugins work like Mouse-macro, which allow you auto-cast some skills, one-key resolve items and sth.

I think they sell for these features, especially for the easily use. In China, many players have bad English and poor computer skills. So they pay for their lazy or want less bother.
    You can use CThud free, but you can’t change any function if you don’t know how to manage codes. And you’ll get a HUD surface in a hideous mess.

Many of CThud users even don’t know there is an English original version. And many of the rest don’t know HUD is free.

And the CThud change many original information,
    ~ ~ ~ ~ Which is really important ~ ~ ~ ~
    1. It remove the notice when loading in D3, which told them ”Do not download anything outside Ownedcore”, and replace it with the Chinese Forum website where HUD is sold.
    2. It may cut down the original HUD data transmission to wherever KJ you want to, because the Chinese version won’t show any information when English HUD told it’s outdate. And Chinese version don’t connect to dashboard or anywhere else.
    3. An independent server is used for update CThud, verify and count the users’ payment points.

I knew Ownedcore forum by accident. The Chinese TurboHUD forum provided Enigma maphack for free in Mar. 2018, when TurboHUD had a hard time adapting new D3 version (THUD was invalid but Enigma OK). I used it for 2 weeks before an update, and the forum admin refuse to update it for us because they wanted us to buy his charged version I guess. Then when I searched EnigmaMaphack, I discovered Ownedcore. I've kept telling anyone who cared hud, that hud has a free version.

And, there is many others version of charged THUD in China.
    Some makes easier UI than CThud, and sell on taobao.com.
    Someone only selling copies of CThud or something, and hawking in D3 in-game channel or community.
    Some even sold Mouse-macro, and someone really bought, lol.

Most chinese users use CThud, as I think.

As for CThud forum, the admin told us these days when someone ask, that there is THUD for free, and CThud only for convenient. And it truly does, for most D3players not good at codes and English.

As for this forum, I can visit from normal Chinese ISP, but download from zippyshare maybe difficult, it's very slow but still could.

As for more, I would ask any question that I know.

BTW, I think user SeaDragon knows more about. He shared many GLQ_plugins. GLQ means guan-li-qi(管理器), which is CThud.
    Last edited by Klamist; 01-07-2019 at 06:52 AM.

China
  2. Thanks missUwait (1 members gave Thanks to Klamist for this useful post)
    hyy34's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The above is from Google Translate: (note that my English is very bad)
    It is indeed the problem that #33 said. I only knew about CThud before, and then I learned that it was actually freely modified in 2018.
    The usage, language and "firewall" of the original HUB made it difficult for a large number of Chinese to use. The main charge for "CThud" is that I have assembled some plugins and developed some plugins. The most important thing is to make a graphical manager so that users can easily open or close some functions. Although I am very resistant to "CThud".

KillerJohn's Avatar TurboHUD HUDmaster CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    46/3335
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am getting sick (in fact I am sick, for real) of this shit.
    How the fck can this happen only in China and nowhere else in the World??

Customizing the UI is the same difficulty for everybody on the planet, not just Chinese, right?
    Also downloading from zippyshare requires a cheap VPN, so anybody in the whole country could download it from zippyshare and upload it to a locally (in China) available file hosting...

I am so angry now :|
    Do not send me private messages unless it is absolutely necessary or the content is sensitive or when I ask you to do that...

johnbl's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    347/16
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How the fck can this happen only in China and nowhere else in the World??
    KJ, I think you underestimate the great firewall of China.
    VPN is not an option to the vast majority of users (even outside of China).

Klamist's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really sorry about that.

Download from zippyshare may not be the main problem, I think it's that they even don't know the original version of HUD. VPN is more and more strictly banned in China nowadays, and I even don't have one.

But I want to let you know that there're some groups or person creating free UI or something like that (even an easily reading PluginEnablerOrDisablerPlugin), and they clearly know that HUD is free, spreading this for more users.
    I think those who know that HUD is free will tell their D3 friends, and more and more will know and using free version HUD.

By the way, the Chinese-THUD offical website offered the original English free version THUD download. But many people may be unconscious.
    Last edited by Klamist; 01-07-2019 at 07:03 AM.

hyy34's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most important thing is not the VPN, but the graphical problem (the program code is not really everyone knows), and many people do not know the existence of this website.
    But this situation will get better and better. Some people have shared HUB , and they are all kinds of practical plug-ins in the integration forum.Most importantly, they do it for free. They have also made exchanges. I feel that you can support him technically and let him be the person who promotes the program in China.
    Last edited by hyy34; 01-07-2019 at 08:51 AM.

DeepTerminal's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    【暗黑3导航插件辅助中文汉化版下载】TurboHUD中文管理器官网

This is the website for buying Turbohud in China. What they are selling is called "TurboHUD Chinese manager", which, according to their website, has the following features (source):

1. High speed server in China for automatic updates and can automatically check file integrity.
    2. Includes a variety of plugins written by other players. Plugins in foreign language will be translated to Chinese. Save the player's time to find plugins and go on foreign websites.
    3. Can customize plugins' functionality.
    4. Automatically solves the various common problems of running TurboHUD, including registry changing, and system patch updates.
    5. Automatically directs hosts to verify TurboHUD version to Chinese server. (Original version verifies with oversea server, often causing verification failure or timeout.)
    6. One-click upload or download saved settings. If you change computers or reinstall TurboHUD, you can restore the settings with one click.
    7. Supports LightningMOD macro.

Also according to the website (source):
    "After 3 years of maintenance and development, TurboHUD manager has become the most popular D3 plugin in China. But due to the over-saturation of players and the continued decrease of active playerbase, with no new blood going into the community, it can no longer maintain its running cost. In order to continue positive development, to ensure that the plugin can go further, it was decided to adjust the registration system starting from April 5, 2018. Old licenses will all be upgraded to seasonal license. New registrations will no longer distinguish between system-binding and Battle.net-binding. Changing computers is allowed (twice every day for free, after that every change will deduct 24 hours from license, 5 times maximum every day.) Changing Battle.net account is allowed (72-hour deduction every time)."

On Taobao (link), they are selling monthly license, seasonal license, and yearly license. A monthly license costs 20 CNY, seasonal costs 40 CNY, yearly costs 120. But a quick search on Google reveals that other people are selling this license for a slightly cheaper price (usually a few yuan cheaper).

xblade2k7's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    101/32
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by DeepTerminal View Post

This is the website for buying Turbohud in China. What they are selling is called "TurboHUD Chinese manager", which, according to their website, has the following features (source):

1. High speed server in China for automatic updates and can automatically check file integrity.
    2. Includes a variety of plugins written by other players. Plugins in foreign language will be translated to Chinese. Save the player's time to find plugins and go on foreign websites.
    3. Can customize plugins' functionality.
    4. Automatically solves the various common problems of running TurboHUD, including registry changing, and system patch updates.
    5. Automatically directs hosts to verify TurboHUD version to Chinese server. (Original version verifies with oversea server, often causing verification failure or timeout.)
    6. One-click upload or download saved settings. If you change computers or reinstall TurboHUD, you can restore the settings with one click.
    7. Supports LightningMOD macro.

Also according to the website (source):
    "After 3 years of maintenance and development, TurboHUD manager has become the most popular D3 plugin in China. But due to the over-saturation of players and the continued decrease of active playerbase, with no new blood going into the community, it can no longer maintain its running cost. In order to continue positive development, to ensure that the plugin can go further, it was decided to adjust the registration system starting from April 5, 2018. Old licenses will all be upgraded to seasonal license. New registrations will no longer distinguish between system-binding and Battle.net-binding. Changing computers is allowed (twice every day for free, after that every change will deduct 24 hours from license, 5 times maximum every day.) Changing Battle.net account is allowed (72-hour deduction every time)."

On Taobao (link), they are selling monthly license, seasonal license, and yearly license. A monthly license costs 20 CNY, seasonal costs 40 CNY, yearly costs 120. But a quick search on Google reveals that other people are selling this license for a slightly cheaper price (usually a few yuan cheaper).
    ... shameful and shameful

Klamist's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by DeepTerminal View Post

This is the website for buying Turbohud in China. What they are selling is called "TurboHUD Chinese manager", which, according to their website, has the following features (source):.
    I find in the webpage you quoted says that "TurboHUD is a free software created by KJ".
    Seems that many users of CN-Thud don't know the nexus between THUD and Chinese HUD manager. And most just don't care that, just want to use it with minimal bother.

And for other describe, CN-Thud think they created an easily used manager, add in more plugins, and provides Lightning-Macro-Mod (new feature that not contains in default plugins or interfaces, they even change the procedural framework for this) and these should be paid.

Um, they don't mentioning how many KJ has done.

KillerJohn's Avatar TurboHUD HUDmaster CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    46/3335
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure if this means they are charging for HUD or for the manager application.

However I heard there are people who sell TurboHUD's zip package + some changed plugins for money in China, which is CLEARLY a violation of HUD's spirit...
    Do not send me private messages unless it is absolutely necessary or the content is sensitive or when I ask you to do that...

12. Thanks xblade2k7 (1 members gave Thanks to KillerJohn for this useful post)
    Klamist's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I known, CN-HUD manager offers original English version THUD free, and manager with default settings. They only charge for using fucntional adjustable manager.

And CN-HUD is encrypted, you can't open it without manager even you want to handle it yourself by edit codes. The default setting has a hundred plugins enabled and you get a messy layer.

There're some others provides original THUD or simple renovate version for free.

As for selling original THUDzip, I haven't heard that, and it's rarely happened in my opinion.

I seemed to not catch your point at first...
    Last edited by Klamist; 01-08-2019 at 09:05 AM.

Thanks G/R
    46/3335
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Klamist View Post
    As I known, CN-HUD manager offers original English version THUD free, and manager with default settings. They only charge for using fucntional adjustable manager.

And CN-HUD is encrypted, you can't open it without manager even you want to handle it yourself by edit codes. The default setting has a hundred plugins enabled and you get a messy layer.

There're some others provides original THUD or simple renovate version for free.

As for selling original THUDzip, I haven't heard that, and it's rarely happened in my opinion.

I seemed to not catch your point at first...

商品详情

15. Thanks xblade2k7 (1 members gave Thanks to KillerJohn for this useful post)
    DeepTerminal's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The people reselling THUD is definitely scum, but as the others have said, the "TurboHUD Chinese manager" website offers THUD for free and lets people use the manager for free but they can't adjust any settings. To adjust settings, they have to pay. I think considering the price (less than 3 dollars per month), it's reasonable, since they have to run a server in China for download and verification. Getting a workable VPN has become harder and harder in recent years. Unless you have a custom one set up oversea, it's really hard to find a reliable one just by searching on the Internet.

China is really a special case compared to other countries because the firewall really prevents a lot of people from going on foreign websites. As others have said, the official download link is very unreliable and sometimes inaccessible altogether. There is definitely a need for a distribution channel in China, and someone's gotta pay for the server costs...
    Last edited by DeepTerminal; 01-08-2019 at 02:44 PM.

xblade2k7's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    101/32
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    china china china blablabla

Here are the problems of China attributed to THUD ... if China has problems accessing or managing this application is not THUD problem if not your country, and that gives them absolutely no right to sell any solution and much less sell a FREE application without the consent of the AUTHOR, this is a shame, this is unacceptable, there is no respect for anything here. VENGONZOUS

D3doer's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    18/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CTUD? Improvement? … …
    3 dollars a month is reasonable? … …

Please don’t insult anyone further by making this kind of justification.

John used his time/effort to make and share THUD with us out of “GOODWILL” and for “FREE”!!

And as a professional programmer, John’s time IS money!! And he scarifies for us!!

SOMEONE “STEALS” John’s work to make some fast bucks for themselves!!

That’s called “THEFT”!!

If that SOMEONE so willingly to assist John spreading his goodwill to the Chinese Diablo community, shouldn’t that SOMEONE do it for “FREE” as well?

STEAL to MAKE money IS “THEFT”, PLEASE say it as it is.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast