Status of HUD, Diablo and the community itself menu

User Tag List

Page 1 of 29 12345 ... LastLast
    KillerJohn's Avatar TurboHUD HUDmaster CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    46/3335
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Status of HUD, Diablo and the community itself

Hi all,

I am away from D3 since a looong time. Just heard about the awkward Immortal announcement...
    What's up guys? Is Diablo 3 still alive? I mean it counts alive if more than 5000 people is playing it
    What are the current guesstimations? People will stop playing even D3 because there is no hope for an expansion or what?
    Just kidding, but: or maybe everybody will move to play Immortal instead of D3 itself?
    What about YOU? Still playing the game? Do you still enjoy HUD?

A few days ago my 2 year VPN subscription expired and I'll not renew it.
    I don't think there is any point of having the Dashboard, because if I had no time to implement the Dashboard itself, then I won't have time in the next 2 years neither...
    So I'll make a HUD release without a Dashboard connection soon.

Regard,
    John
    Do not send me private messages unless it is absolutely necessary or the content is sensitive or when I ask you to do that...

Status of HUD, Diablo and the community itself
  2. Thanks xratedownz, User5981, Jaladhjin, dxc0407, COMECOCO (5 members gave Thanks to KillerJohn for this useful post)
    2003VB12's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Diablo 3 is still alive: in maintenance mode. I think there won't be any update in foreseeable future. But it is true that a lot of players are abandoning D3 because of the Blizzcon announcement. PoE is now full of 'Blizzard refugees'. D3 is incomplete without THud. I will not play D3 if THud is down. Without THud it's like I'm blind in game.
    I'm actually okay with a mobile game. But the problem is D:I is made by NetEase, a well known crappy reskin money-robbing'game' maker in China. And their actions after the backlash are absolutely intolerable: deleting comments and dislikes - this is interfering with freedom of speech. Also, no content at all for PC players--who cares about S16 theme when players are slapped in the face so hard, knowing they are not working on D4 or even a Druid DLC pack for D3?
    Finally , Thank You KillerJohn for creating this amazing plugin for D3 players and your constant support for it. Always enjoyed THud.

BTW, I heard that S15 ban wave is on the move.

itsmylife's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    32/22
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey KJ good to hear something from you. Hope everything is fine with you and your family.

I don't think I'll hop on Immortal.
    Playing D3 casually now mostly on weekends and will do so till we get something new for PC.

KillerJohn's Avatar TurboHUD HUDmaster CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    46/3335
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by 2003VB12 View Post
    Diablo 3 is still alive: in maintenance mode. I think there won't be any update in foreseeable future. But it is true that a lot of players are abandoning D3 because of the Blizzcon announcement. PoE is now full of 'Blizzard refugees'. D3 is incomplete without THud. I will not play D3 if THud is down. Without THud it's like I'm blind in game.
    I'm actually okay with a mobile game. But the problem is D:I is made by NetEase, a well known crappy reskin money-robbing'game' maker in China. And their actions after the backlash are absolutely intolerable: deleting comments and dislikes - this is interfering with freedom of speech. Also, no content at all for PC players--who cares about S16 theme when players are slapped in the face so hard, knowing they are not working on D4 or even a Druid DLC pack for D3?
    Finally , Thank You KillerJohn for creating this amazing plugin for D3 players and your constant support for it. Always enjoyed THud.

BTW, I heard that S15 ban wave is on the move.
    Strange, because I heard from multiple sources that D4 is under development. The lack of announcement obviously means the development will need at least 2..10 more years...
    Do not send me private messages unless it is absolutely necessary or the content is sensitive or when I ask you to do that...

Thanks G/R
    46/3335
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by itsmylife View Post
    Hey KJ good to hear something from you. Hope everything is fine with you and your family.

I don't think I'll hop on Immortal.
    Playing D3 casually now mostly on weekends and will do so till we get something new for PC.
    Hi man,!

Thanks, everything is fine here. Just the usual struggles in life
    What about you?

I really miss a good hack n slash nowadays, and it is insanely bad that Diablo is not even an option...
    Maybe I am getting older, but I really, really, really enjoy casual PS4 games with my kids (like Rayman Legends).

ch25's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    34/33
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rayman is great game. I was plying it with my kid too.
    First Rayman I played was on 386sx25 machine under MSDOS with 4MB RAM

Diablo plays many people nowadays, TH is very welcome
    Mike

johnbl's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    347/16
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey KJ, D3 still seems to be alive. Some people that went to Blizzcon said that there might be another patch.
    I think it's most likely a patch to add some cosmetics to the game because they only have portraits for one more season.

TH is part of the game for me. It's very unpleasant to play without it.

franehr's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    34/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what is dashboard ?

Ereus's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THud is the only reason people still play D3.

11. Thanks ch25, n1com (2 members gave Thanks to Ereus for this useful post)
    DeeThree's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    30/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks as always for making TurboHUD KJ!
    I still play D3 and still use THUD.

So far out of all the interviews only one with Allen Adham (The ACTUAL founder of Blizzard) did someone from Blizzard break from the script; "we have multiple teams working on multiple projects" and actually SAY they are working on stuff for D3. No dates or any other details but is the most any of them have revealed that wasn't purposeful obfuscation.

itsmylife's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    32/22
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to hear man. Enjoy all the time with your kids.

Everything fine here too and as you say we need a good hack and slash game badly.

ch25's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    34/33
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True, without TH D3 in unplayable.

xratedownz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    23/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still see a lot of people playing D3. And i am pretty sure blizzard gonna release D4 but it may not be what we expected.
    I wont play D3 without THUD I will be appreciated if you realease without dashboard. The yellow warning is very annoying
    Thank you.

Stormreaver's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    40/136
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have followed the news closely as of late.

From what I gather, Blizz is working on multiple Diablo projects.
    I think D4 is already in the works, just not sure how far off it is. I even saw a vid with a leak.

As for D3, the announcement was a disappointment to many, but all players knew D3 is in maintenance mode anyway.
    Some probably stopped playing or moved elsewhere, but I think a lot still enjoy playing D3.

I am playing it casually at the beginning of new seasons.

Here is the funny thing. I think TH is now a core feature of D3 for many players, and without TH, more people will probably lose interest in D3 than those who left because of the announcement!

JohnWick's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    82/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, John, it's nice to have a word from you.

nowadays there is less players in d3, then it used to be, but still enough to not consider this game dead.

i still play d3 with friends and only cuz thud is still on, same as many others i cant imagine this game without it.
    thank u one more time for creating it, making it public and keeping alive
    a lot of people you never heard about, extremly greatfull for all your effort, even if you can't tell judging by incoming donations

while i have chance, i hope you don't mind if i ask a question wich bothering me for a long time: why there is a limit in thud for revealing information? is it dictaed by performance issues and if its so, is it possible for example to make map reveal distance adjustable in case hardware of user is capable of handle this load?

Page 1 of 29 12345 ... LastLast