Thanks G/R
    24/18
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    help wtf how can one simple question can start such an stupid discusion.. i am rly sry for asking about the IP and i already posted that it dont works - hours before

Originally Posted by knight84 View Post
    doesnt matter, it change nothing, maybe its the false one xD

2.6.1c Patch THUD Not Working
    knight84's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    24/18
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pls close this thread

xxsquall123's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by airsmit View Post
    If you don't have a C drive then you should already know what to do

Do you think "hosts" is the same as "Hosts" since you don't have a file named "Hosts"? I mean, you are allowed to use your brain...

No more than hacking then what is already happening - but you know this already too...
    If you are capable of changing your default directory then you should already know how file extensions work...
    You already know that any text editor would work - I opened it in Notepad++

No where in his instruction (even if you are illiterate) does it say "create a website"...

If you weren't allowed to save it, then you can't edit it more and therefor wouldn't have experienced #6 below. No were in his instructions does it say "open a website in your web browser"

You have absolutely failed at making your point. Are you taking the stance that "Hey - this is a side project and he'll get around to properly fixing THud when he as time since he isn't on Blizzards schedule" -or- are you taking the stance that "Don't screw around with things that potentially could be harmful to our computer" which would kind of defeat the entire THud thing (and more importantly the intended audience type) anyways. Either way - why not say that instead of being a complete dumbass.
    Sarcasm is hard, huh?

enigma32's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    4/738
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have absolutely failed at making your point. Are you taking the stance that "Hey - this is a side project and he'll get around to properly fixing THud when he as time since he isn't on Blizzards schedule" -or- are you taking the stance that "Don't screw around with things that potentially could be harmful to our computer" which would kind of defeat the entire THud thing (and more importantly the intended audience type) anyways. Either way - why not say that instead of being a complete dumbass.
    tx3000 already blocked from posting?
    Originally Posted by tx3000 View Post
    my instructions are set up so that ANYONE can follow it and get the result
    There is no such thing as perfect instructions. There are plenty of things that might not fit with those instructions as I've attempted to point out. Even if they did, some people are horrible at reading and will understand it to mean something else.

tavisha's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    50/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.... its a thing called SARCASM... your whole post shows a complete and utter lack of reading comprehension...

SuperKop's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    9/23
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by tx3000 View Post
    What's wrong with me...it's morons who continue to post incorrect statements and then saying I'm the one who doesn't understand..Problem is you still have not written proper instructions and keep rephrasing the same incorrect instructions over and over so I've once again taken apart your reply to show you where you fucked up.

Now you said open notepad then use an separate editor as well. All you say is CREATE A NEW NOTEPAD.txt on your desktop and open it...Stop adding shit into the instructions because all you're doing is causing more and more of a problem
    Besides that is irrelevant to the fuck up on the rest of the instructions

You just said to open the system32 directory itself and not a sub-directory.. So FOR THE LAST TIME a properly written SUB-DIRECTORY IS LIKE THIS: C>Windows>System32>drivers>etc
    using a slash literally means you just said to open the system32 directory and there is a file in there called hosts.txt/etc, drivers

The slash indicates landmarks to locate so you know you're in the proper directory so drivers/etc does not mean the directory called etc within the divers directory it literally means both the dirvers and etc are inside the same place and it's what to look for.

I can read just fine, your problem is you fail to understand why that instruction is impossible and has no relevance to anything the instructions already said to do.
    Drag and drop is a term for taking an already existing file (In this case there is a file on pastebin) which you are saying to take and place it a notepad.txt. First of all it is 100% impossible to DRAG an existing file onto a notepad.txt. because notepad DOES NOT HAVE THE CAPABILITY to house files, it's not a folder it's a basic text document. And secondly pastebin cannot host files because it's not a file hosting site. Pastebin is nothing but an online txt editor. So saying drag and drop is moronic and doesn't even make any sense

It does not say use both the number as well as the web address. The fact that I had to even ask that proves it's not properly written to make it clear. Putting quotes around what gets used and then saying use what is within the quotes explains what gets used. As it stands now that simply means use this number and the number can be found on pastebin

You now have lost me and I have no fucking clue wtf is being said now...This step is 100% completely unnecessary and has nothing whatsoever to do with steps 1-3. This step now has the instructions bringing in a completely new element which is opening up just any file in system32 and somehow taking what was done in steps 1-4 and somehow copying and pasting that information everything into this new file. So this doesn't even make any sense.

Now I'm totally lost because this has no connection to step 4 and step 4 has no connection to steps 1-3Save what exactly, things you did in steps 1-4 or what is now in step 5 you lost me even further now after step 4

Once I remove all the bullshit and totally incorrect wording and confusion , get to the bottom of only what has to be done, I will provide how these instructions must be written in order for them to be understandable and then you can compare what I've written, to what is there and that will get everyone who has been arguing with me to see just how badly written the current instructions really are.

I am assuming you actually have NO idea how to use a computer. You are 100% incorrect about a lot of shit you are saying. Its painful really.

1. Open notepad

2. Go to c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc (those \ are correct, not ">" that shit" Honestly, you can hold Windows and Press R and type that full line "c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc" and it will bring up the folder.

3. You can drag and drop files into notepad.txt. Try it. If you can't do it, I assume you are a fucking idiot and have no idea how to use a computer. Drag Hosts into your notepad.txt and it brings up the entire code of it. You can honestly do this with any program. Drag and drop TurboHud into Notepad.txt and see what happens.

4. When someone says "put" then has a line of anything, you PUT the line of anything. Because that is how english works.

5. SAVE THE FILE YOU HAVE OPEN IN NOTEPAD.

Seriously. Go pick up an A+ book or something. You need to learn some shit before you look stupid. Again

-Senior Analyst III for a large IT company.

airsmit's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by enigma32 View Post
    tx3000 already blocked from posting? There is no such thing as perfect instructions. There are plenty of things that might not fit with those instructions as I've attempted to point out. Even if they did, some people are horrible at reading and will understand it to mean something else.
    Lol - another 'can dish it out but can't tank it' type huh... anyways - it's not like I didn't agree with you - it's just that your "sarcasm" failed because it was so over the top especially coming from you. I'm surprised you didn't start with "1. How can I edit a file if my computer isn't turned on yet". All these arguments remind me of being in 5th grade when I had to write a paper on how to make a peanut butter sandwich and when the instructions said put the peanut button on a slice of bread the teach put the jar of peanut button on that slice... But - we aren't in 5th grade anymore is my point - so just say what you mean. You guys work hard at other things and will get around to fixing it when you get around to fixing it.

d3lak's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/17
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a good brain.

xblade2k7's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    101/32
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    .... close topic.

phong's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HUDgods, save us!

0wn3r's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can i message him too, wasting peoples time is fun.
    Last edited by 0wn3r; 08-10-2018 at 02:09 AM.

thegodfather1077's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why are they fighting exactly? o.o

Meomyo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by thegodfather1077 View Post
    why are they fighting exactly? o.o
    I'm guessing because it's the school holidays....Some people will argue about any old crap.

SuperKop's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    9/23
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Meomyo View Post
    I'm guessing because it's the school holidays....Some people will argue about any old crap.
    No they won't

Meomyo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by SuperKop View Post
    No they won't