0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A New Sentry Icon

The Sentry Buff Icon is Useless to all Demon Hunters

From the 2.2.0 patch notes:

"Now displays a buff icon indicating how many Sentries you have active."

It Doesn't Help The Player!

In my mind, there is a difference between an "active" Sentry, and one that just happens to be sitting on the ground five screens away, even if it is still adding to the M6, N6M4 damage bonus.

For me, an "active Sentry" is one that is on the screen with me, shooting at the monsters I am shooting at, and helping in the fight.

As it is now, the Sentry Icon always just says 5 (or 3, or 2)...it never changes, even if there isn't a single Sentry anywhere on the screen.

And if I am not playing an M6, N6M4 build, then that number on the icon means absolutely nothing to me, because I don't get a damage bonus from just having a Sentry sitting on the ground somewhere; it needs to be on the screen with me, shooting at the monsters I am shooting at.

When I originally posted this on the game Forum, the overwhelming response was, "Who cares how many Sentries are on the screen? I only want to know how many I have adding to my damage bonus."

Before the resurgence of wudijo's N6M4, I'm sure the overwhelming response would have been, "Who uses Sentries anymore?"

The core problem remains; the Sentry icon is useless for all Demon Hunter builds that use Sentries, whether any particular player cares about that fact or not.

How To Fix It!

Knowing only how many Sentries are on the screen with the character might not be that useful to the M6 player. Although each of those Sentries on the screen are adding +280% weapon damage per second to the fight, an M6 player might not care about that, and just want to have Sentries planted to get that +3000% damage bonus for each Sentry, no matter where it is, while an , N6M4 play might just care about the infinite CA range.

On the other hand, knowing how many Sentries have been historically planted, even though not a single one of them may be on the screen with the character, would be absolutely useless to any player not playing a full M6 build.

So the Sentry icon needs two numbers on it. One in the bottom-left corner of the icon to show how many Sentries are on the screen and shooting at monsters, and one at the bottom-right corner to show how many extant Sentries there are in total.

KJ, can you create an icon, or overlay for the existing icon, that will do that?

Thanks,
    Stone

A New Sentry Icon
    Aiste's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    29/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very sad... Cast sentries on CD?
    The amount of hand holding people want is mind blowing. What's next, throw a full laser show when we enter a floor to tell us that we entered a next floor?
    Do you play SWK monk build? Do you play with WH more damage or Sweeping Wind stacks belt, because it is more convenient?

User5981's Avatar First Dev On The Internet
    Thanks G/R
    30/358
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by StoneOld View Post
    The Sentry Buff Icon is Useless to all Demon Hunters

From the 2.2.0 patch notes:

"Now displays a buff icon indicating how many Sentries you have active."

It Doesn't Help The Player!

In my mind, there is a difference between an "active" Sentry, and one that just happens to be sitting on the ground five screens away, even if it is still adding to the M6, N6M4 damage bonus.

For me, an "active Sentry" is one that is on the screen with me, shooting at the monsters I am shooting at, and helping in the fight.

As it is now, the Sentry Icon always just says 5 (or 3, or 2)...it never changes, even if there isn't a single Sentry anywhere on the screen.

And if I am not playing an M6, N6M4 build, then that number on the icon means absolutely nothing to me, because I don't get a damage bonus from just having a Sentry sitting on the ground somewhere; it needs to be on the screen with me, shooting at the monsters I am shooting at.

When I originally posted this on the game Forum, the overwhelming response was, "Who cares how many Sentries are on the screen? I only want to know how many I have adding to my damage bonus."

Before the resurgence of wudijo's N6M4, I'm sure the overwhelming response would have been, "Who uses Sentries anymore?"

The core problem remains; the Sentry icon is useless for all Demon Hunter builds that use Sentries, whether any particular player cares about that fact or not.

How To Fix It!

Knowing only how many Sentries are on the screen with the character might not be that useful to the M6 player. Although each of those Sentries on the screen are adding +280% weapon damage per second to the fight, an M6 player might not care about that, and just want to have Sentries planted to get that +3000% damage bonus for each Sentry, no matter where it is, while an , N6M4 play might just care about the infinite CA range.

On the other hand, knowing how many Sentries have been historically planted, even though not a single one of them may be on the screen with the character, would be absolutely useless to any player not playing a full M6 build.

So the Sentry icon needs two numbers on it. One in the bottom-left corner of the icon to show how many Sentries are on the screen and shooting at monsters, and one at the bottom-right corner to show how many extant Sentries there are in total.

KJ, can you create an icon, or overlay for the existing icon, that will do that?

Thanks,
    Stone
    I will look at it

Edit :
    "6-piece set bonus applies regardless of distance to Sentries, but only as long as they are on the same level of dungeon"

Sorry, I will leave it as it is, but your idea is good.
    I think KJ can add an onscreen sentry count pretty easily. :-)
    Last edited by User5981; 07-29-2018 at 08:08 AM.
    Supported version for all Resu plugins

StoneOld's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    9/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    User5981, just checking back to see if any progress has been made toward this. I appreciate any effort you might expend on it.

The only thing I know for sure at this time is that Aiste is a douche.

And that's the bottom line, cuz StoneOld said so!