45/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will KJ make a new version of TurboHUD?

Enigma.D3.MapHack --It is a temporary program or continuous development program?

Will KJ make a new version of TurboHUD?
    Sweetys88's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Momentarly nobody wrote anything about it.
    If KJ or anyone would wrote that anyhting is in Progress or not ,would be awesome. Or if they cant programm anyhting they Should write, we canceling turbohud.

RealGsus's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    85/99
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody knows.

Enigma is probably working on some improvements on his maphack, but we shouldn't expect it to become another THUD with all the numbers and features. I'll be looking forward for anything he decides to add, but not being blind anymore is already sweet.

Those are the latest statements from KJ on this topic:

Originally Posted by KillerJohn View Post
    If you ask Enigma nicely, maybe he'll relase a minimap reveal stuff. I don't want to spend hundreds of hours to surgically remove 90% of HUD and rewrite the remaining 10% just to display a maphack.
    Enigma told me it is not possible to read the game's memory the way HUD did in the past anymore.
    We could read some stuff, but not all, especially we couldn't display any player related data. Maybe just a maphack.

I asked him about injection possibilities - not to alter the game, but to read the current addresses of stuff.
    I'll let you know about his answer.

Sorry guys, this doesn't sound too good
    You are nice, and I am happy you like HUD, but...

...you linked the donation site of the OwnedCore site, not me
    ...please do not donate to me because there is only a slight chance that I can fix HUD
    There is no easy fix for this.

Structs had static addresses in the past. At each patch (due to recompilation) those changed and I had to "teach" HUD to the new addresses.
    Now the static addresses are gone, and they are dynamic every single time you start the game (I am not sure if they can change while the game is running).

Even if HUD could dynamically detect those addresses, it would be slow (full memory scan) and the other problem is a new kind of "trap" which cause a game client crash if you reach the trap.
    So a full memory scan is not even easy to archive, however there is a solution: pause the game process, scan the memory for the addresses and then resume.

Also there are other changes (for example, a very vital property called PlayerDataIndex is gone from the memory and it is/was used to know which player is yours in the game) which makes the life even more complex...

Based on the above, I think there is only slight chance that HUD will ever work.
    there is no way I'd ever add injection to HUD...

good night guys
    guys thats totally normal HUD can't read the memory after a patch. The big question is the reason...

a) regular patch (easy fix like always)
    b) protection added (it is possible that we are screwed)
    No pressure man! This is way beyond my skills... and life will go on without HUD, it will be just a bit more sad.
    Well, it all depends on Enigma. If they obfuscated the memory then HUD is dead.
    I only have my notebook online, but main PC with all my tooling is in pieces in boxes, everything I have now is VS and CE so I can't do shit for a few weeks.
    I thought 2018 will be a hard year, but I almost broke my ankle last week - I can barely walk - and now this...

Please be patient, I am in contact with Enigma on Skype and I am waiting for his verdict.

All in all THUD's future doesn't look to bright at the moment. Let's just see what comes up.
    Wanna customize THUD the easy way? Check out
    ..:: TCT | TurboHUD Customization Tool ::..
    in the TurboHUD Plugin Review Zone

4. Thanks JarJarD3, beranaco, Swadkins, noobgamer80, kimkyoyeol, Skeeh (6 members gave Thanks to RealGsus for this useful post)
    hyuntrax's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the answer compilation, it's clearer.
    @KJ, I was wondering if you and the team working on the D3 bot, ros-bot, could not work together to break the protection? The goal is not the same but the constraints related to the code, access memory and everything, must be similar, right?
    I'm so jaded, I did not play for quite a while and just when I come back and discover THUD it does not work anymore ...

Le_Vagabond's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't bet on it.

KJ has historically been extremely protective of HIS tool (that wouldn't exist without Enigma's work), going so far as to obfuscate everything so that it can't be reverse-engineered, link it to a web version check so that HE can control when people can use it or not, and throwing tantrums on the forums when people dared to go against his will about this.

he's also been very vocal lately about not being able to work as much on THUD as before, and about never ever releasing the source publicly or to another dev for THUD to keep on living without him. I am pretty curious about what he's done with the data THUD gathers and sends back to him as well.

this might be the drop that kills the bucket, and I'm not even sure it's such a bad thing if it prompts a change of tool towards Enigma's maphack... who's been a lot better for the Diablo community.

hyuntrax's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not mean that they make a tool all together but only that they help each other to break the protection