0/9
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auto Fishing Script (pick map + mobset)

Simple script that opens and closes greater rifts until getting a "good" one. While the plugin is running the mouse will move by itself, but you can still alt+tab and do something else if you use only your keyboard.

How to install
    Get the pHelper plugin, it's required and also very useful. A short guide on how can be found here.
    Download the plugin file from here (Plugin Code) and put it under "plugins/patrick/hotkeys/actions/general".

How to configure
    In the pHelper window, go to the "Settings" tab and set the correct key for "close window" (set all keys while you're at it).

In the pHelper window, go to the "hotkeys" tab and enable and set a hotkey for autofishing. You can also explore the options by pressing the "edit" button.

What do the options mean?
    You mark the maps you want with a ✅ near "Battlefields", "Festering", "Spire" and so on. Mark "SkipBadMobsets" if you want to only play certain mobsets. I've included a default set of mobsets which in my opinion are "good" but it obviously depends on many factors and it can be inconveniently configured by editing the file in the lines shown below. "PlaySoundWhenDone" will play a sound when the script finds a good map. "ActingInterval" is how often the script will perform an action in milliseconds, and I have no idea what number is good here, but it should be low. "DebugPrints" will cause the script to report what it's doing and why to "logs/phelper.log.txt", and requires changing the "LogLevel" on pHelper's settings tab to "INFO" or "DEBUG". Sadly this setting is slightly bugged in pHelper so you might need to set it to "INFO" and back to "DEBUG" after every restart.

Big credit to "Zy" for writing the code that determines the mobset from the mobs we see. They have a plugin that shows it here and I highly recommend using it if you're new to the concept of mobsets.
    Last edited by culater; 08-08-2022 at 02:25 PM. Reason: forgot to credit

Auto Fishing Script (pick map + mobset)
  2. Thanks ashleyjin, 731113 (2 members gave Thanks to culater for this useful post)
    ashleyjin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for making a great plugin.
    this plugin works fine with english client
    however, the close great rift step doesn't work for clients in other languages.
    I think it's because uiElement.ReadText(Encoding.ASCII, true).Equals("Close Greater Rift");
    Is there any way to fix it to make it work well in other languages?

culater's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/9
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ashleyjin View Post
    I think it's because uiElement.ReadText(Encoding.ASCII, true).Equals("Close Greater Rift");
    You are correct, thank you for the help. Luckily there is no real reason to check the text, since we'll most likely be talking to Orek anyway, and in my opinion it was a mistake to add it, so I removed it and updated the file.

On a related note, I unfortunately could not find a way to detect whether the current GR is "normal" or an "Orek's Dream". Therefore, I read the text at the top right of the screen, above the minimap. I expect it to be "OREK'S DREAM 1", which I realize should not work in other languages. If anyone knows of a different way to check this I would appreciate the information. Until then, I expect the script to work fine on other language but not stop on an Orek's Dream if the first map is "bad".

ashleyjin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    var text = getAreaName().ReadText(Encoding.UTF8, true);
    Logger.info($"\t"Map Name" = {text}");
    // Could be either OREK'S DREAM 1 or GREATER RIFT 1
    if (text.ToUpper().StartsWith("Input in the language of each country")) {
    shouldStay = true;

I modified Orek's Dream to work properly in this way. Tested in (Chinese/Korean)
    thx culater~

bondino2's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by culater View Post
    Simple script that opens and closes greater rifts until getting a "good" one. While the plugin is running the mouse will move by itself, but you can still alt+tab and do something else if you use only your keyboard.

How to install
    Get the pHelper plugin, it's required and also very useful. A short guide on how can be found here.
    Download the plugin file from here (Plugin Code) and put it under "plugins/patrick/hotkeys/actions/general".

How to configure
    In the pHelper window, go to the "Settings" tab and set the correct key for "close window" (set all keys while you're at it).

In the pHelper window, go to the "hotkeys" tab and enable and set a hotkey for autofishing. You can also explore the options by pressing the "edit" button.

What do the options mean?
    You mark the maps you want with a ✅ near "Battlefields", "Festering", "Spire" and so on. Mark "SkipBadMobsets" if you want to only play certain mobsets. I've included a default set of mobsets which in my opinion are "good" but it obviously depends on many factors and it can be inconveniently configured by editing the file in the lines shown below. "PlaySoundWhenDone" will play a sound when the script finds a good map. "ActingInterval" is how often the script will perform an action in milliseconds, and I have no idea what number is good here, but it should be low. "DebugPrints" will cause the script to report what it's doing and why to "logs/phelper.log.txt", and requires changing the "LogLevel" on pHelper's settings tab to "INFO" or "DEBUG". Sadly this setting is slightly bugged in pHelper so you might need to set it to "INFO" and back to "DEBUG" after every restart.

Big credit to "Zy" for writing the code that determines the mobset from the mobs we see. They have a plugin that shows it here and I highly recommend using it if you're new to the concept of mobsets.
    thx, works fine! 1 Question man, does it also work in Party?
    How to open/Close then?

culater's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/9
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadly it does not work in a party, I am very interested in making it work but I'm too lazy, which is ridiculous because I fish 4man hard all the time