0/9
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smart Instant Salvage Plugin

With this plugin you can instantly salvage items in your inventory instantly and smartly. For basic usage you can just make a list of items you always want to salvage, and a second list of items you want to salvage only if they're nonancient. For advanced usage, you can make very intricate rules for each item - examples below.

Short installation instructions
    1. Download the pHelper plugin (I'm sharing code with it) from here: GitHub - patschl/pHelperPlugin: pHelperPlugin repository! Plugin for TurboHUD @ https://www.ros-bot.com/turbohud.
    2. Download this file Salvage.cs - Pastebin.com and put it under "plugins\patrick\hotkeys\actions\general\Salvage.cs", you don't need to touch it unless you're a programmer.
    3. Download this file SalvageInstructions.cs - Pastebin.com and put it under "plugins\patrick\hotkeys\actions\general\SalvageInstructions.cs". This file is only an example, and you should delete its contents and replace them with your own configuration,.

How to download, install and configure pHelper
    Go to the github url, click on "code", then "download as zip". Unpack it in your "plugins" folder and rename it from "pHelperPlugin-master" to "patrick" (not sure if required). After a restart, the "pHelper" window will appear on your taskbar. There you can configure auto-casting skills, other automatic actions, and hotkey-based actions. After you add my files to it, a new action will appear under "Hotkeys - general" where you can configure stuff.
    Tick the checkbox ✅, choose a hotkey by pressing the "none" box, and then press "edit" to configure general behavior. The options are:
    1. SalvageUnknowns - This is the main configuration. If checked, the script will salvage any item that's not mentioned in "SalvageInstructions.cs" by default. Otherwise, it will keep the item. This means that if it's checked, you can ignore "ALWAYS_SALVAGE_LIST", as every item is practically there, and if it's unchecked, you can ignore "NEVER_SALVAGE_LIST".
    2. KeepAllPrimals - Self explanatory, this will prevent salvaging any primal. Useful if you're aiming for the red border damage bonus this season.
    3. LogAllActions - When checked, every decision the script makes will be reported in "phelper.log.txt", in the "logs" folder.
    4. DontReallySalvage - when checked, items won't be salvaged, but stuff will still be reported in "phelper.log.txt". Useful when you're editing "SalvageInstructions.cs" and want to make sure your code works as intended.
    5. DebugInfo1 - Report all stats recognized by my code in "phelper.log.txt". Very spammy.
    6. DebugInfo2 - Report all stats recognized by hud in "phelper.log.txt". Very spammy.

How to write your own configuration
    All your configuration should be written in "SalvageInstructions.cs". The file I attached is only an example. There are 4 main ways to configure it:
    1. Add items to "NEVER_SALVAGE_LIST" (lines 57-59 in the example file), and check "SalvageUnknows" in the configuration. This way, you choose which items to always keep. This field is useless if "SalvageUnknowns" is unchecked.
    2. Add items to "ALWAYS_SALVAGE_LIST" (lines 62-475 in the example file), and uncheck "SalvageUnknowns" in the configuration. This way, you choose which items to always salvage. This field is useless if "SalvageUnknowns" is checked.
    3. Add items to "NONANCIENT_SALVAGE_LIST" (lines 478-685 in the example file). These items will be salvaged if they're nonancient.
    4. Add smart rules in the form of C# functions (lines 27-54 in the example file).

Please contact me with any constructive feedback, code contribution, bug report, or request for help with adding rules to SalvageInstructions.
    Last edited by culater; 02-07-2022 at 08:50 AM. Reason: sign off

Smart Instant Salvage Plugin
  2. Thanks Jembo, TobiaSBooN, 731113 (3 members gave Thanks to culater for this useful post)
    culater's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/9
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Long instructions - pHelper

reserved for future editing
    Last edited by culater; 02-07-2022 at 06:57 AM. Reason: reserve

Jembo's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    28/30
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey culater, The plugin is working well for me - Thank you for making this plugin!
    I think it would be great if you could add a feature to NOT salvage Items if it has been rolled by the mystic or transmogrified or dye
    I can't get any logs to write to phelper.log.txt from Salvage.cs.

culater's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/9
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding not salvaging enchanted/transmogrified/dyed items, I think it's a great idea and I'll get right on it.
    Regarding seeing logs, there's a "verbosity" setting on the "settings" page of the phelper UI that needs to be set to INFO (it's WARN by default). Sadly this setting isn't saved when you close the application, so what I personally did was change the value in line 12 of "patrick\util\logger\Logger.cs".

culater's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/9
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I edited "Salvage.cs" by adding lines 86-107, and it should now skip enchanted/transmogrified/dyed items.

7. Thanks Jembo (1 members gave Thanks to culater for this useful post)
    Jembo's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    28/30
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Splendid working great, thanks mate!

kosa1234's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not getting any window after: "After a restart, the "pHelper" window will appear on your taskbar" I did everything u wrote.

LittleDez13's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    48/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by kosa1234 View Post
    I'm not getting any window after: "After a restart, the "pHelper" window will appear on your taskbar" I did everything u wrote.
    I have the same problem.

ashleyjin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you, culater teacher
    this is the best pheper plugin