41/101
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

[INTL] [JarJar] SalvageItems

This plugin should help you to quickly salvage even unidentified items (with blacksmith).
    Works only in town!
    Markers are drawn for identified items as well.

Bottom right corner of the item will have a colored highlight rectangle.
    For ancient/primal the rectangle width is a bit wider and highlighted.

• Your class specific build item
    • Other class specific build item
    • Special build item

All other items are nothing to be interested (no rectangle) and the item will be darkened!

Top right corner of the item will have a marker if item is somehow interesting:

• More than one item with same main stat - indicates you might want to check this item if its any good!
      More than one item with same main stat and only in Inventory - either your first one to grab or all scrap
      Single legendary item - just one, take it or leave it
      ⦿ Single ancient item - just one, take it or leave it
      Jewelry marker - you have to decide yourself

Note that items with different main stat than your current class are considered "not important" and skipped in calculations and can be darkened!

Version history:
    2019-08-17 v2502: Split code base into two. Create (almost standalone) data extractor using HtmlAgilityPack for HTML parsing.
    2019-08-07 v2377: Added SkipLoN flag to ignore LoN builds. By default is is off.

Copy both files to TurboHUD\plugins\JarJar
    [C#] SalvageItems - Pastebin.com
    SalvageItemsData

Disable original InventoryAndStashPlugin first three settings by setting them to false. Last is optional to remove annoying "cube animation".
    Code:
    // Disable item graying and cube animation.
    Hud.RunOnPlugin<InventoryAndStashPlugin>(plugin =>
    {
        plugin.LooksGoodDisplayEnabled = false;
        plugin.NotGoodDisplayEnabled = false;
        plugin.DefinitelyBadDisplayEnabled = false;
        plugin.CanCubedEnabled = false;
    });
    Example inventory to get the idea
    D3 Inventory items - Album on Imgur

Item data is collected from ICY VEINS site: legendary-item-salvage-guide!
    SalvageFromIcyVeins: source code for data collector.
    Last edited by JarJarD3; 08-17-2019 at 07:44 AM. Reason: new version with full source code

[INTL] [JarJar] SalvageItems
  2. Thanks BeeAntOS, johnbl, Kiseph, 731113 (4 members gave Thanks to JarJarD3 for this useful post)
    Cplusplusnoob's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't work for me. Exceptions

JarJarD3's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    41/101
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Cplusplusnoob View Post
    Doesn't work for me. Exceptions
    You can try latest revision I updated just now.

gandalf12's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,
    very nice and helpful plugin.
    Works as intendet, but items that can be extracted to the cube are not shown with this little cube in the corner anymore when yousing your plugin.
    Any chance to fix this?

Thanks G/R
    41/101
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by gandalf12 View Post
    Hello,
    very nice and helpful plugin.
    Works as intendet, but items that can be extracted to the cube are not shown with this little cube in the corner anymore when using your plugin.
    Any chance to fix this?
    This is intended behavior!
    My reasoning was that you know what you are doing if you need this plugin and all important items have been cubed already or you know their names.
    Of course season start (or even a new player) is a bit different for a while but then you go your business as usual.

You can enable "cube animation" by finding following "Customize()" method in the plugin and changing:
    Code:
    plugin.CanCubedEnabled = true;
    The problem here is that "cube animation" and salvage item markers/indicators share the same place in UI and will be overlapped when "cube animation" is playing.

Code:
    public void Customize()
    {
        // Inventory and Stash customization - disable item graying and cube animation.
        Hud.RunOnPlugin<InventoryAndStashPlugin>(plugin =>
        {
            plugin.LooksGoodDisplayEnabled = false;
            plugin.NotGoodDisplayEnabled = false;
            plugin.DefinitelyBadDisplayEnabled = false;
            plugin.CanCubedEnabled = false;
        });
    }
    BTW, I updated the plugin to ignore LoN builds if you don't really use them.

Thanks G/R
    41/101
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    (bump) new version with full source code.
    Does not change original InventoryAndStashPlugin settings, you have to do it yourself!

everknown's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    33/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by JarJarD3 View Post
    (bump) new version with full source code.
    Does not change original InventoryAndStashPlugin settings, you have to do it yourself!
    nvm, figured out how to run it after some research...
    Had to create a project Console app in CLI, then add the package from the site Nuget, followed restore/build in the folder where the source file is.

Then open the Program.cs file, add
    SalvageFromIcyVeins data = new SalvageFromIcyVeins();
    data.LoadData("C:\\Users\\[USERNAME]\\Downloads");
    Then use the CLI to run: dotnet run

This will put the new file created into the path mention above.
    Last edited by everknown; 11-27-2019 at 01:06 PM.

gandalf12's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @everknown
    so, would be very nice to share your actual up to date salvageitemsdata.cs file to the community..
    Thx

takayo72's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    43/15
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how to manage for same hero say barbarian, on playing dps build, I'm farming support build gears simultaneously

everknown's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    33/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it is possible, but what about next season? Planning to ask me again to do the same thing? It would be better to have people learn how to do it themselves instead of giving them a ready file and they never learn and keep repeating this cycle...

Just like the saying goes:
    Give a hungry man a fish and he will survive for 1 day, teach him how to fish and he will survive for many days to come.

File for the ones ignoring what I said above: [C#] SalvageItemsData.cs - Pastebin.com

12. Thanks Kiseph (1 members gave Thanks to everknown for this useful post)
    Snootch's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by everknown View Post
    it is possible, but what about next season? Planning to ask me again to do the same thing? It would be better to have people learn how to do it themselves instead of giving them a ready file and they never learn and keep repeating this cycle...

Just like the saying goes:
    Give a hungry man a fish and he will survive for 1 day, teach him how to fish and he will survive for many days to come.

File for the ones ignoring what I said above: [C#] SalvageItemsData.cs - Pastebin.com
    Really? Thanks to OP for releasing the source but I don't see you showing anyone how to do anything. Your last post was more of a "clue", than anything close to a lesson. (Sorry, this is my first post, I recently joined because I've came back to D3 and love the hud but this annoyed me). No one is "ignoring" you, they just maybe don't know .net or c# or how to build it. Would you teach your kids how to spell by throwing a bunch of letters on the ground and saying "figure it out"? You're being obtuse.

For those that DID get as far as the build, remove the following from salvagefromicyveins.cs (SMH OP) and it should build.

Code:
     private List<ItemData> loadItemData()
            {
                return new List<ItemData>();
            }
    If someone is curious, you need to install this.

Here's the doc on
    Code:
    dotnet restore
    dotnet build
    which is what you want to do in the directory where you have salvagefromicyveins.cs. Also make sure to delete the lines I put above from the file before you build.

Sorry if this is a no-no on this site but I just don't see the point in messing with people.

Kiseph's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi! Is it possible we could get some customization for this? I'd love a simplified version with colored icons for the build items instead of the box highlight. Awesome work though! Will be using it only for darkening for now since it's more accurate than the default plugin.

Edit: Another question! Is there a way to have it darken for classes you don't care for, maybe a disable option? (For example, I play barb, but don't care to ever play crusader)
    Last edited by Kiseph; 12-05-2019 at 01:58 PM.

abatron's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This plugin is definitely more useful than the default one. It took me a while to understand the symbols though.

Originally Posted by JarJarD3 View Post
    • More than one item with same main stat - indicates you might want to check this item if its any good!
      More than one item with same main stat and only in Inventory - either your first one to grab or all scrap
      Single legendary item - just one, take it or leave it
      ⦿ Single ancient item - just one, take it or leave it
      Jewelry marker - you have to decide yourself
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but lets say you found a Cindercoat:
    1st symbol just means that you have several Cindercoats in your stash.
    2nd symbol means you don't have the item in your stash, but you found several in the same run (and thus, they are all in your inventory).
    3rd symbol means it is the only Cindercoat found in your stash/inventory.
    4th symbol means it is the only ancient Cindercoat found in your stash/inventory.

I guess I was hoping that those symbols referred to how well the attributes matched the 'Stat Priority' specified for an item in any build on Icyvein (which would work nicely with Resu's itemperfection plugin).

It would be nice to know if an item I found can be enchanted so that all the primary stats match most of the attributes/stat-priority on a specified item for any (or specific) build. It's a real waste of time to read through all the attributes only to find, even after enchanting, that there's one or more useless stat that doesn't match for any of the builds on IcyVein.

If you want to do this, let me know how I can help. I minored in comp sci, so perhaps some tedious data crunching on the top builds if the data isn't so parsable, eh? Feel free to reach out to me.

TaylorWilliamson's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info

abatron's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Snootch View Post
    Really? Thanks to OP for releasing the source but I don't see you showing anyone how to do anything. Your last post was more of a "clue", than anything close to a lesson. (Sorry, this is my first post, I recently joined because I've came back to D3 and love the hud but this annoyed me). No one is "ignoring" you, they just maybe don't know .net or c# or how to build it. Would you teach your kids how to spell by throwing a bunch of letters on the ground and saying "figure it out"? You're being obtuse.

For those that DID get as far as the build, remove the following from salvagefromicyveins.cs (SMH OP) and it should build.

Code:
     private List<ItemData> loadItemData()
            {
                return new List<ItemData>();
            }
    If someone is curious, you need to install this.

Here's the doc on
    Code:
    dotnet restore
    dotnet build
    which is what you want to do in the directory where you have salvagefromicyveins.cs. Also make sure to delete the lines I put above from the file before you build.

Sorry if this is a no-no on this site but I just don't see the point in messing with people.

Can someone provide a detailed instructions on how to update the salvage list?
    I downloaded the salvagefromicyveins.cs ([C#] SalvageFromIcyVeins - Pastebin.com) , the package from NuGet Gallery
    | HtmlAgilityPack 1.11.24
    , and installed .NET Core CLI | Microsoft Docs and the nuget.exe.

In the 'Developer Command Prompt for VS 2019', I went to the directory where the files were downloaded (entered 'cd c:users...'). Then 'dotnet new console' and then 'dotnet add package HtmlAgilityPack --version 1.11.24'. After 'dotnet restore', I input 'dotnet build' but then I get errors. 'csc salvagefromicyveins.cs' gives me errors too.

I also did remove the 'loadItemData()' segment you mentioned and added 'SalvageFromIcyVeins data = new SalvageFromIcyVeins();
    data.LoadData("C:\\Users\\[USERNAME]\\Downloads");' to Program.cs that the other poster mentioned.

Do I also need to download the salvage html from icyveins or is that grabbed from the web?

Can you please provide a step by step dummy version?

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast