5/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

quick and easy way to stack pools of reflection

First of i did do a quick search for "reflection" on the site but didn't see anything. Granted im tired i might have missed/overlooked it.

With the addition of the 2.0 patch they have added pools of reflection, which grants the player a 25% xp buff for roughly half a level. These pools can be according to a blue poster stacked up to approximately 10 times at which point it caps.

To stack these up easily with 0 risk of dying you want act3 Q5 Machines of war. Difficulty doesn't matter as i don't believe it affects spawn rate of the shrines. In the Starting Area there is a chance to spawn up to 2 shrines both of which spawn reflection at a decent rate.

so step by step

1. Select quest 5. you will be given a prompt about overwriting quest progress you already made. click OK and start game.

2. When inside the game follow the quest untill you go trough "The Arreat Gate". At this point you will get a checkpoint.

3. Check for shrine. As the screenshot shows there are 2 shrines active, 1 reflection and a healthpool. Both of these can spawn ANY buff shrine so its not always to same.

4. If no shrine port back to town, leave game and resume game again.
    5. You now have a portal to get right to the checkpoint and check again.

Repeat step 5 untill you are capped, happy farming. ^^ To speed this up you should grab a friend or 2 who does the same thing by his own and when either of you find a shrine invite the others, it took me 5min to get stacked up with 2 buddy's the other night.

Remember the reflection pools aren't always there as they share spawns with all other shrines. Also there aren't always 2 shrines, I found there was at least 1 75% of the time 2 20% of the time and rarely there are none.

I know this isn't anything amazing, however even at 250+ paragon level i find myself without the reflection pool quit often before i find a new one. This way im sure i keep the buff and if i find a new pool it simply tops it up again.

Happy hunting.

quick and easy way to stack pools of reflection
    Drogant's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice find. Will certenly put this to a good use +2

Mortallis's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like they fixed the spawnrate. I'm not getting them as frequent as your post states. Maybe one in 5-10 mins now. Might be still usefull to farm with a group.

Thanks for posting this find.

n00bmasta's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its wayyy easier to take the Bridge of Korsikk WP. The pool (or other object) will be within wp distance

BlodyWarior's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    5/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by n00bmasta View Post
    Its wayyy easier to take the Bridge of Korsikk WP. The pool (or other object) will be within wp distance
    have you even tried what i posted? you will have a checkpoint on top of the shrine and within 5 sec walking another shrine. After you get the checkpoint you just take the portal.

@Mortallis its all up to luck. Maybe you misunderstood my main post. The pools aren't always up. The shrines are there ~95% of the time, with shrine i mean all kind of buff shrines(healing pools, frenzy, fleeting, xp and reflection pools). Ofcourse in a group it goes allot faster, just all make their own games and invite when someone find one. Also it might be just me but after a while it seems that the shrines in general seem to spawn less frequent and re-logging seems to counter it. Of course this could be all my imagination but he doesn't harm anyone re-logging every once in a while.

To speed things up a little all classes got movement speed abilities. Here are some id recommend for obvious reasons:
    wiz: Teleport>wormhole
    Monk: Dashing Strike>Quicksilver or Tempest Rush>Tail Wind and of course 10% movement passive forgot the name
    DH: Vault>tumble
    Barb: Leap, Furios Charge and Sprint
    WD: Spirit Walk>Jaunt
    Im sure i have missed some movement skills as i mainly play wizard. But you get the general idea.
    Last edited by BlodyWarior; 03-19-2014 at 06:29 AM.

Mortallis's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by BlodyWarior View Post
    have you even tried what i posted? you will have a checkpoint on top of the shrine and within 5 sec walking another shrine. After you get the checkpoint you just take the portal.

@Mortallis its all up to luck. Maybe you misunderstood my main post. The pools aren't always up. The shrines are there ~95% of the time, with shrine i mean all kind of buff shrines(healing pools, frenzy, fleeting, xp and reflection pools). Ofcourse in a group it goes allot faster, just all make their own games and invite when someone find one. Also it might be just me but after a while it seems that the shrines in general seem to spawn less frequent and re-logging seems to counter it. Of course this could be all my imagination but he doesn't harm anyone re-logging every once in a while.

To speed things up a little all classes got movement speed abilities. Here are some id recommend for obvious reasons:
    wiz: Teleport>wormhole
    Monk: Dashing Strike>Quicksilver or Tempest Rush>Tail Wind and of course 10% movement passive forgot the name
    DH: Vault>tumble
    Barb: Leap, Furios Charge and Sprint
    WD: Spirit Walk>Jaunt
    Im sure i have missed some movement skills as i mainly play wizard. But you get the general idea.
    Ah I indeed misunderstood your post then. But I'm still running the pools and get capped in +- 30-45 mins. Wich is worth it. So thanks again for sharing this.

joburocks's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I combine this with core run as there are spawns there as well and decent leg drops

Thanks G/R
    5/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any pool is viable tbh, however i like this one as it has not a single mob around it. I mainly play HC and do tend to afk allot while stacking pools, often forgetting to "pause" or going back to town.

Thanks G/R
    5/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

double post

double post
    Last edited by BlodyWarior; 03-20-2014 at 05:30 PM. Reason: double post

socaboy's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is great! thanks dude : ) I will definitely be doing this with my clan mates.

Thanks G/R
    5/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    with the expac beeing less then 24 hours away now would be a good time to stack up in preperation for 60-70 leveling

Blizzhaxer's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ya I get one maybe 10-15 mins so to get 10 stacks of it would be like an hour + so easy it iis but i don't know about quick. UNless your super lucky.
    Exploration: To go where the Game designer thinks you don't know about!

Thanks G/R
    5/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Blizzhaxer View Post
    ya I get one maybe 10-15 mins so to get 10 stacks of it would be like an hour + so easy it iis but i don't know about quick. UNless your super lucky.
    it all depends on luck, ive have where i got 6 in a row or where i didnt get squad for 30min straight. RNG is a bitch here. There have popped up a few more pool guides on here that might be more generous with their poolspawn for you. And as always do this with a couple others to speed things up. It takes me no more the 15~20 min to stack up with 1~2 buds