0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to farm 15-25 rares in 15-25 minutes in act 1 inferno

First off, I'm not well geared. 28 hps. 23k damage 600 resist 225 MF wizzy. While as of current patch most the rares will suck... every now and then you get lucky.

Couple quick tips
    - Don't pick up blues. Ignore them. If you get a good run you won't really have the room.
    - You don't need much mf. 200% works fine. More is better of course.

Start on quest on Cursed hold quest

1. Go to Northern and head directly north and look for the rare dungeon "The Watch tower" - If it's there you can usually get 1-3 valor stacks. If not. you may find a pack within map distance of the waypoint. I've on occasion have had 2. I will circle around the waypoint real quick to see if I can find a pack.

1-2 packs W/O tower
    3-5 packs W/ Tower

2.. Leorics Manor -- Usually pack in manor and guaranteed pack in courtyard. On rare occasion I've seen 2 packs in courtyard.

1-3 packs Manor/Courtyard

3. Festering woods - A full clear of this small zone can usually net you 3-5 stacks including warriors rest and the crypt. BONUS - Event -- The tombstone on the hill. Will always spawn a pack at the end which is another stack of valor and rares.

2 packs from dungeon
    1-3 packs from clearing zone
    1 pack from bonus event.
    Total = 3-6

4. Cometary -- usually 1 pack in cemetery and 1-2 packs per tomb. --- BONUS -- Jar of souls that will give you a rare or 2 2nd Bonus -- The quest to recover a spirits remains and return it to her coffin -- Can usually get 3 rares from it.

Tombs 4-6 packs
    Outside 0-1 packs
    -----------------------------------------------
    Grand total of elites farmed (averaged) 10-20

Done! So far my record for rares was 28 in 1 run. All of this is very easy to farm with basic mf gear. Either way, even if you get an entire inventory of crap you'll make a fair amount of gold. 30k through regular pick ups and maybe another 20k through vending crap rares. Not the greatest, but we are mainly looking for upgrades or things we can sell off for bigger gold or trade.

Hope this helps!

How to farm  15-25 rares in 15-25 minutes  in act 1 inferno
    TehVoyager's Avatar I just love KuRIoS
    Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The run i've been using is thus:

-Catacombs lvl three (or wherever Cormak's gear is). search the area around the way point. between the room you find Cormack and the door down there is an elite pack. kill it and TP.
    -Next, the Crypts. there's 1-3 packs per crypt, plus one event. try to do the event after having 5 stacks of valor.
    -Next go to the festering woods. clear the area. 1-2 packs, plus the chance of an event.
    -Clear both dungeons in festering woods. both contain an elite.
    -Go to highlands. run across the bridge and do whatever dungeon is there (moon clan or lyceaem)
    -Go to the highlands area. do the tower as described by the OP.
    -Go to Leorics mannor WP. backclear to the courtyard. 1-2 packs there.
    -Goto halls. clear to the jail. clear the jail and boss (3-4 packs)
    -Clear down to butcher and kill em.

Yields a full inv of rares, plus half again with 100MF including nef valor.

I'm on the slow side. takes me about 40 minuites. mostly though because my wizzy is squishy and i have to kite like mad.
    Last edited by TehVoyager; 07-24-2012 at 03:18 PM.

(don't post things I post to Patreon.)

djmurloc's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    problem is lot of that run you're doing is too slow. going through the cancel sequence for templers gear and fighting all the way down to butcher just leaves too little rares per hour.

With my run you kill no bosses, but you can get an inventory loaded with rares in 20 minutes on average..

Gramexer's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My variation of Act 1 is. This is 'pretty damn fast run', but on downside you need work your 5 stacks more often

1. Search Tower in Northern Highlands. (If there is not, remake)
    2. Go to festering woods and clear both dungeons
    3. Kill one elite per crypt, since we want fast clears, remember to check if there is elite outside
    4. Goto Cathedral lvl 3 and head towards Jondar and check if you can find a elite pack, don't use more than 30secs.
    5. Leoric's mansion, check inside and outside
    and at last check old ruins Old Cellar, there may be a goblin or an another elite pack
    Just a random Diablo III Freak.

Sengiratolom's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not picking up blues does lower your income quite a bit, not only can they salvage into 1.2k each but there are some blues that are worth more then 1m.

i'd rather not let a 540 loh/90 vit/95 mainstat neck rot, or a 1100+ onehander. hell even a 17mf ring is valuable. And i recently gained 500k from a 86 int 8 attackspeed blue ring.

act1: cursed hold quest

North exit of the town (2-3 rares there)
    3 crypts+ area infront (can be 1 rare around the wp, 1-3 in crypts)
    Cata 3
    festering woods (whole thing) +2 dungeons =4-6 rares depending on events
    Highland crossing (cave of the moonclan+ whatever large event/dungeon spawns in the round slot for lyceum/gahrbad and so on)
    northern highlands- tower
    leorics manner/courtyard and hunting grounds (possibly with cave)
    Jail event+warden
    Butcher
    old ruins- cellar, and the sharkoth cellar to the west

TehVoyager's Avatar I just love KuRIoS
    Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by djmurloc View Post
    problem is lot of that run you're doing is too slow. going through the cancel sequence for templers gear and fighting all the way down to butcher just leaves too little rares per hour.

With my run you kill no bosses, but you can get an inventory loaded with rares in 20 minutes on average..
    i believe you are misunderstanding me. i start on the "Cursed hold" (find the jail) quest. i just do rares in the previous areas. i dont clear the act starting from kormack.

(don't post things I post to Patreon.)

Jhatch5561's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mf these same areas on my DK takes about 40 mins, 280% MF. Give or take a few, if you check around the waypoints of some areas you can get lucky and get a rare or champ pack with 30 secs of looking.

Festering wood > Northern highlands > Cathedral Lvl 3 > Cemetary (only at 4 stacks of NV to 5 stack event quest) > Fields of Misery > Leorics Manor > Halls 2 > Jail > Halls 3 > Butcher

34k hp
    67k dmg with SS rougly 25k~~~ without
    230+ All res.

I net about 45+ rares in under an hour, highest ive gotten was 97 rares in one run...was a pretty goblin filled champ filled run though. Think i had 6 champs in the watch tower.

Wavom's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for sharing this man, will try this

Binafus's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do pretty much what Jhatch does but after butcher always go end with the dank celler may or may not be up but only takes 30 more seconds to kill sakaroth.

sweetgnome99's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It can pay to hold control+mouseover blues that drop very quickly.
    Rares are generally better, but there are many blues worth 300k, 1mill, 20mill etc

It would be a shame to miss out, due to discriminating against an item because of its color.
    "I have a dream!" etc

iFaTaL's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will try this out tonight

drala's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just wanna add here that when you run the crypts and get 'jar of souls event' you can just open the gates and walk away. If you come back later (when you cleared the rest of the crypt) you can just come back to pick up your loot from the event. No need to stay there killing skeletons until the time is up

SapereAude's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, ALWAYS go to Northern Highlands and check for the tower first. That is the most densely populated mob pack area in all of Act I. If it isn't there, then bail and restart.

If you do find the tower, do not start there - you might find up to 10 packs in there (Not shitting you). You could get 10 packs with 5 NV or get 6 of them. Take your pick.

If you want a quick run with 5 guaranteed NVs by the time you get to the Northern Tower, follow this path. Regardless of when you get 5 stacks take the Northern Highlands WP. As the OP mentioned the numbers vary and you may get 5 earlier but this route guarantees 5 and the fastest in/out route.

WP to Leoric's Manor.
    Go backwards to the courtyard - one guaranteed stack (1 stack, maybe more)
    Then WP to Festering Woods - head straight into the two caves, kill the elites (2 stacks)
    Then WP to Cemetery - go into the cave until you hit a pack, teleport out, WP back to the Cemetery and do it again for another. 5 stacks guaranteed if the RNG didn't bless you with 5 before this.
    WP to Northern Highlands, enter the tower and destroy.

Rinse, recycle repeat.

You could easily do this 4 times in an hour if you don't **** around. I understand the desire to not pass up blues but would you rather have a guaranteed 40 yellows in one hour or 30 in an hour and maybe one blue worth as much?

I'll take what is guaranteed [higher chance of yellow being worth more than a blue so if you are in a rush I think it's a waste of time].

But if you have a bot/profile that goes after everything, by all means. )

Found's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    1/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always had best results with NH first... I like to stack up to 5 stacks, and round up my MF gear and wreck the last 3 quests of act I.