Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Demon Hunter] Calculate your true DPS with Sharpshooter.

Thought I'd share with you guys something I found on Reddit right here

Just use the following calculator and you will get your result:

Demon Hunter True DPS with Sharpshooter calculator

And the text from Reddit user Pathsny:

So it's been annoying me on my dh, that once I turn on sharpshooter, the dps shown is absurdly high. This is because blizzard uses a really simple formula for dps that uses the crit chance assuming it is going to be static.
    But crit chance is a dynamic, varying value with sharpshooter on.
    So I've built a tiny true dps calculator here. Demon Hunter True DPS with Sharpshooter calculator
    The way it works is, it calculates your damage over a period of time assuming an increasing likelyhood of crit, but weighing the later periods down by less because it's less likely. I'm willing to debate the math with anyone who's curious enough.
    What it means is, if you turn on sharpshooter and start shooting at mobs, this is likely the damage you'll do per second averaged out, which is a lot lower than what Blizzard will show you

[Demon Hunter] Calculate your true DPS with Sharpshooter.
    Storm301's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oddly enough, when I put in my information into that calculator, I get a very close number to what Blizzard shows on my character profile. In game I go from about 40k up to 70k with sharpshooter, however my profile page lists my dps as 51k, which is almost exactly what that program shows.

gingwin's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Storm301 View Post
    Oddly enough, when I put in my information into that calculator, I get a very close number to what Blizzard shows on my character profile. In game I go from about 40k up to 70k with sharpshooter, however my profile page lists my dps as 51k, which is almost exactly what that program shows.
    Your in game profile should list whatever dps you last logged out with so you likely just logged out with partial stacks last time (unless there is some other profile I'm not aware of in which case disregard).

OT: thanks for the share, I'd actually edited one of the spreadsheets I got off the internet to fulfil this role but this is much easier for when I don't want to compare gear.

Scoops's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Zulandia View Post
    Your in game profile should list whatever dps you last logged out with so you likely just logged out with partial stacks last time (unless there is some other profile I'm not aware of in which case disregard).

OT: thanks for the share, I'd actually edited one of the spreadsheets I got off the internet to fulfil this role but this is much easier for when I don't want to compare gear.
    Yup, this is definitely most useful just as a quick check with new gear to see if sharpshooter is worth it against other passives.

The question often comes up and I've seen people say SS isn't worth it past 30% crit for example but this allows people to easily decide for themselves.

Zponey's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very useful!

straylight's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R