Thanks G/R
    49/57
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't kill the enemies yourself? Die and let Tyrael do it for you.

Title pretty much says all you should need to know to figure this out, but I'll lay it out.
    Working on late act 3 in Hell, but I'm sure this would also work in Inferno mode, I had Tyrael following me as a companion but just kept dying and couldn't take on the enemies I was facing, who kept throwing poison at me, going immune, etc.

I died and noticed that during my 30 second long revive timer that Tyreal stayed alive and kept killing shit for me. He's not the most powerful guy ever, but it's sure as hell better than corpse-running a thousand times.

I'm even getting the loot from his kills. Hell, he even completed an event for me while I was dead during the Siegebreaker quest. I'd just suggest going AFK while you wait.
    I know many may frown upon doing this, because it is rather cheap, but I don't have many friends to play with so recruiting help was not an option. I believe resetting the game could have caused me to spawn with different enemies, perhaps no rare enemies with shitty affinities, but I prefer this. It also gave me a decent break from smashing my head on my desk.

Hope this helps anyone who's struggling in later acts! Good luck.

TL;DR: If you truly can't kill the enemies yourself, and Tyrael is with you, die and let him kill it.

Can't kill the enemies yourself? Die and let Tyrael do it for you.
    Sinhcroix's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A very helpful tip and I use it quite a bit in Act 4 Inferno to get places I normally couldn't that are blocked by white mobs. Unfortunately due to regenerating health of elite packs this doesn't work to kill those. Although I do recall seeing times where he could finish off an elite you had down super low in Hell.

Regardless, quality post for those that didn't know.
    Last edited by Sinhcroix; 05-30-2012 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Edited to specify normal vs elite mobs.

Relican's Avatar Elite User Creepy in a good way CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    49/57
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the heads up on this not working on regenerating elites in Inferno. I know several may know about this, but it's not necessarily something you'd consider unless you stopped while dead and observed it happening.

Thrill12's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just about to post this. You jerk lol.

Sabtah's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sinhcroix View Post
    A very helpful tip and I use it quite a bit in Act 4 Inferno to get places I normally couldn't. Unfortunately due to regenerating health of elite packs this doesn't work in Inferno. Although I do recall seeing times where he could finish off an elite you had down super low in Hell.

Regardless, quality post for those that didn't know.
    I've been using this method of farming act IV for a long time. I don't know where you are getting your information from as Tyrael can kill most if not all elite / rare mobs. I'm farming Inferno act IV aswell, the only rares he struggles to beat are Vamparic, Illusion and Invulnerable minions. Goodluck all, personally made well over 5M+ each day with this method.

Sinhcroix's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sabtah View Post
    I've been using this method of farming act IV for a long time. I don't know where you are getting your information from as Tyrael can kill most if not all elite / rare mobs. I'm farming Inferno act IV aswell, the only rares he struggles to beat are Vamparic, Illusion and Invulnerable minions. Goodluck all, personally made well over 5M+ each day with this method.
    Are you letting him kill them while you kite them around? That's different than dying and letting him kill them off while you afk for a smoke.

hackmodule's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He seems to get his attack animation interupted when he gets hit, so this works best against a small group of mobs. Too many and it just takes so long before he lands a hit.

metalzhun's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure you die with him in a closed space, since if Tyrael runs out from your "Line of sight", he'll freeze = not hitting anymore.
    You can also farm the dungeon to the left of the Siegebreaker entrance for goblin/big chest with him.

Sabtah's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sinhcroix View Post
    Are you letting him kill them while you kite them around? That's different than dying and letting him kill them off while you afk for a smoke.
    No, I'm letting him kill them, no kiting. Some mobs reset health, and as metalzhun said: Make sure you are in an enclosed space. Some mobs, such as the flying mobs on the roof of act III. But does work as I normally sit AFK and watch Sons of Anarchy. Have also gone to smoke or make something to eat and it has worked fine.

_duracell's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by hackmodule View Post
    He seems to get his attack animation interupted when he gets hit, so this works best against a small group of mobs. Too many and it just takes so long before he lands a hit.
    Was just about to post this. It's quite annoying how his attacks get interrupted on every hit taken.