0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty easy Diablo kill as Demon Hunter [Spoilers]

Hi.

First off, this is my first post in nearly a year and a half

I just got to 30 on my Demon hunter and tried many times to take Diablo on, and proceeded to die over and over. I then went in search of guides on how to kill him effectively yet the skills that were listed in all of them didnt make sense and weren't very effective. I came up with my own build and tactics and the first fight I got through it pretty easily.

Pre-notes

- Make sure you have a fair amount of health. I had all Dex gear and found I was dying extremely fast, I switched out for a few hybrid Dex/Vit pieces which gave me 1000 or so extra health at the cost of a little bit of damage.
    - The health stands at each side of the arena have a 30s-1min cooldown, so dont be afraid to use them if you get hit as long as you can dodge for a while longer
    - You will need a few potions at least.

Skills

I'll start off with the skills I used, I will list them in the order I used them on the bar and mouse keys but feel free to go with whatever is most comfortable.

1. Vault (Any rune you like)
    2. Marked for Death (Any rune you like)
    3. Companion (Spider companion rune)
    4. Preparation (Invigoration rune)

M1: Entangling shot (Any rune)
    M2: Impale (Impact rune, VERY IMPORTANT)

Passive 1: Steady Aim
    Passive 2: Vengeance
    Passive 3: Brooding

Battle - Phase 1

This phase is actually pretty straight forward, and is a case of dodging the fireballs and claws coming out of the floor while wearing Diablo's health down. Most guides recomment kiting him around the outside of the arena but I found it much easier just running around the crystal on the right side of the centre; it blocks his fireballs and you only need to tumble/hug the wall and run around when he teleports to you to attack. If you get into a pickle and have no discipline, pop Preparation.

The most important part of this build is Impale...The stun works on Diablo and will interrupt and spell he is casting which makes it extremely easy to stop him harassing you with any of his spells. The main point is that you keep him slowed with Entangling shot and your spider hitting him while throwning an Impale in every so often to interrupt any spell casts, and keeping Marked for Death up on him at all times for the extra damage.

After you kite him around and whittle his health down to around 60%, he teleports you to the Realm of Terror. It is essential that at this point you have enough hatred for a few impales and a health potion on CD just in case

Battle - Realm of Terror

When you enter the Realm of Terror Diablo will teleport out and spawn a mirror copy of you, it will hit extremely hard so spam impale on it and use up all of your hatred to kill it while it is stunned, then get ready to tumble away as Diablo teleports straight on top of you and attacks. Proceed to kite the Shadow of Diablo around one of the holes in the ground and using the same tactics as in phase 1, interrupting spells with Impale and tumbling out of the way whenever he teleports to you to attack.

Half way into the fight he will spawn another mirror image of you which you need to Impale down as fast as possible again then repeat the kiting until it is dead, taking you back to the first arena for phase 3.

Battle - Phase 3

This phase is pretty much the same as the first one except there are small objects falling from the sky that will do 150-200 damage if they hit you and Diablo has a new spell - Lightning Breath. Use the same tactic as the first phase with one minor difference - When he goes to cast Lightning Breath, you must either get behind a crystal or tumble out of his 180 degree arc or you will most likely be fried.

I know its kind of specific but I just thought other people might have the same issue as me, and most of the other guides I have seen on killing him are kinda garbage.

Pretty easy Diablo kill as Demon Hunter [Spoilers]
    KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/296
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nice, awesome

Narudan's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me as a monk it was
    Phase 1
    Click on Diablo
    Phase 2
    Click on Diablo
    Phase 3
    Click on Diablo

But nice guide anyway and
    Make sure you have a fair amount of health. I had all Dex gear and found I was dying extremely fast
    is really important. I play with a level 34 demonhunter who won't go for vitality, he has 1,4k life and dies ridiculously quickly.

Baaja's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Narudan View Post
    For me as a monk it was
    Phase 1
    Click on Diablo
    Phase 2
    Click on Diablo
    Phase 3
    Click on Diablo
    That's so true! The amount of self healing on a Monk is ridiculous..

Silverette's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Cush View Post

1. Vault (Any rune you like)
    2. Marked for Death (Any rune you like)
    3. Companion (Spider companion rune)
    4. Preparation (Invigoration rune)
    Vault, Marked for Death, Companion & Preparation are all from the same Tier of Spells (Hunting). Which is by default Button 2. How did you manage to keybind 4 spells from the same tier to different hotkeys? Is that even possible? As far as i know i can only bind on of those spells at the same time, or am I missing something? ^^"

Edit: ahhh.. nvm, elective mode. isn't it? Still learning the game lol
    Last edited by Silverette; 05-17-2012 at 07:15 AM.

catstyle's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TS: There is one easier way to do phase 2.
    Phase 1 and 3, just kite him around indeed, use impale, Chemical burn is the love here, spider is also the pick of pets, I tend to run with Preparation (30% chance not to put on cd)Smoke screen (extra 3 sec) and Rain of vengance with dark cloud for perfect dps while doing other things.

Hungering arrow with perfed the 50% chance. kite him around and enjoy.

At phase 2 do the same, when the clone pops up you either use rain or spam Impale like a mad man.
    Pop a smoke screen right away, and you cant get hit, if it runs out and its still alive, pop another one.
    If you can, dont use prep right away to get full disc, try get it up while fighting diablo shadow, if you will get hit by a fireball or whatever, pop preparations and a fast smoke screen. (invincible and invisible ftw)

This way you can kill diablo without taking a single hit or to much effort ^^

Originally Posted by Silverette View Post
    Vault, Marked for Death, Companion & Preparation are all from the same Tier of Spells (Hunting). Which is by default Button 2. How did you manage to keybind 4 spells from the same tier to different hotkeys? Is that even possible? As far as i know i can only bind on of those spells at the same time, or am I missing something? ^^"

Edit: ahhh.. nvm, elective mode. isn't it? Still learning the game lol
    Options -> Gameplay -> check elective mode, press arrows to pick skills from other categories to 1-4 button.
    Only place in wow I use sounds is in WC for Lord Serpentis.
    Every time he say the magic word "I am the serpent king, I can do anything"
    I think of a naked dude doing the roflcopter with his peepee