Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barb Avalanche Tectonic Rift Bug (3rd charge back immediately)

Well.. to be honest.. i really don't know yet what the cause of this is.. but here it goes:

Using Avalanche - Tectonic Rift (up to 3 Charges of Avalanche stored) after some playtime it always happens that i kind of get infinite charges.. well not exactly.. but the just used 3rd charge refreshes immediately after using any fury spender skill.
    If it happens, you must not use more then the 3rd charge.. so.. back to 2 charges - using any fury spender (WW works really well..) will instantly bring back your 3rd charge.
    Meaning you can cast Avalanche every second.. over and over again.. you just have to keep your eye on the charge counter and hit Avalanche right after you got your 3rd charge back.
    If you drop below 2 charges.. bug is gone.. but will be back after some time.

As is said.. i don't know the cause of it.. but it happens all the time.. sometimes its right from the start and sometimes it takes a couple of minutes until you get the bug.
    If you get it.. as long as you don't fall below 2 charges you can spam Avalanche one after another..

in short:

-check for bug from time to time
    -bug active:

[-use 3rd charge
    -use any fury spender (as i said.. WW is awesome for this)
    -3rd charge rdy again] -> repeat

Barb Avalanche Tectonic Rift Bug (3rd charge back immediately)
    Dah4k's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi, sounds like an interesing bug but i was not able to get it working

could you perhaps share with us your build and equipment (or just give us a list of legendaries you use on your char) it might be a combination of Avalanche with some passive skill or lege affix (or both) that triggers the bug

Demonscumby's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Guy, It just happened to me as well and after it went away I looked it up to see if it happened to anybody else, thus leading me to this thread. It was awesome while I had it, but like you described above, it went away when I burnt through them. I was seeing what happens when I burnt through all 3 so I hit the skill key fast enough to go through em all and its gone now. Back to normal.
    A little discription on what happened leading up to the event: I hadn't used the skill yet, was gonna test it out and clicked on it. But I must have gone into battle right after, because the skill was grayed out until I finished the battle. I thought it was broke and tried to change skill while in battle but It said I had to wait until battle was over to switch, so I figured, ok, must have switched and went to battle to soon and had to wait for the skill to work. Then when it was available to activate is when it started. It was my first time using the skill, however I didn't believe this was normal effect because it was way to awesome, and figured it was bugged.
    Not sure if anything above is what caused it, switching skills right before battle but its something to go on. Also I'm whirlwind with Rend. both big Fury spenders.
    I will stay close to this thread because I wanna know more. Gonna play around with it today.

Soj's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TommyT's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    17/54
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

einar300's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
    look at when he posted this dumbass
    First of all, he was most likely referring to Demonscumby.

Second, this thread doesn't even explain how it works, the guy even mentions it twice by saying I do not know the cause of it.

iom3ga's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whenever I used 2 x 1 hander weapons, it works everytime.
    Make sure you have Earthen Might as a passive, major help for spamming

Get avalanche up to 3 charges, then i'd fill up my fury (which was 122 max), spend it all with Ancient Spear 8 times.
    After thats done, spend my remaining fury, test one charge of avalanche which would activate the passive Earthen Might giving me 30 fury and id spend that fury immediately with Ancient fury again. It usually works if i follow those steps exactly.

Once its going, you could switch out your skills, i recommend keeping Earthen Might, your avalanche will only regain a charge ONCE you use a skill that DRAINS fury. A nice technique that i used was use Avalanche then Run Like the Wind or Battle Rage