0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Wizard] Increased damage with Hydra and Archon

I understand this is not really an exploit, but as far as I'm aware, this is not a very spread fact, and might not be intended by Blizzard.

If you use your passive skill "Arcane Dynamo", and get five stacks, and use Hydra or Archon form with "Disintegration Wave" (Right-click) with 75% increased damage for the cast's complete duration.

Can be good for sick pulls, or treasure goblins etc. With 46k damage, my disintegration wave is hitting about 160k about twice a second.

[Wizard] Increased damage with Hydra and Archon
    sepeku's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Qruz View Post
    I understand this is not really an exploit, but as far as I'm aware, this is not a very spread fact, and might not be intended by Blizzard.

If you use your passive skill "Arcane Dynamo", and get five stacks, and use Hydra or Archon form with "Disintegration Wave" (Right-click) with 75% increased damage for the cast's complete duration.

Can be good for sick pulls, or treasure goblins etc. With 46k damage, my disintegration wave is hitting about 160k about twice a second.
    Doesn't work. I've got 5 charges used desintegrate. I've got 5 charges used a hydra then desin~ e.t.c, none of it is giving the beam extra damage.

Qruz's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by sepeku View Post
    Doesn't work. I've got 5 charges used desintegrate. I've got 5 charges used a hydra then desin~ e.t.c, none of it is giving the beam extra damage.
    Yeah, I see why that wouldn't work. You would want to use beam OR hydra, as said in the post. You can however get 5 stacks, pop hydra, get 5 new stacks, and then proceed to pop beam.

sepeku's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Qruz View Post
    Yeah, I see why that wouldn't work. You would want to use beam OR hydra, as said in the post. You can however get 5 stacks, pop hydra, get 5 new stacks, and then proceed to pop beam.
    I must be slightly retarded or blind.

I've gotton five stacks, than i use my disintegrate. I notice no difference, I crit 29k with the beam as usual. (on inferno) my dps is 53k. After that didnt work i got 5 stacks, than used a hydra... The hydra was hitting 9k (venom hydra) Not sure if thats 75% more than usual i will test that later. But from what i understand, all i need is 5 stacks than to hold down my Disintegrate hotkey (right click) and its suppose to do some insane ammount of damage yea? The stacks are disapearing but the damage is not being sustained.

Imper's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its not about the spell "disintegration" but about Archon and then using disintegration (right click in archon form). works for me.

Sonders's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can confirm this, at the times when archon wasn't fixed, i blew him in 2 seconds (nm, with a full group, ergo more hp). without stacking 4 seconds..
    BUT: THIS isn't an exploit as some other posts in this sections aren't as well. moderators, do your job please (zomg, don't tell a mod what to do.. i know, i know. but i said please, see?)

oh, and yes: stack to 5, pop archon and THEN use right-lol-key.

m4ko2's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hm doesnt work with hydra. i tested it. will test with archon. but 100% sure hydra is not buffed by the passive skill. hydra WILL consume all stacks but will NOT receive increaded damage.

Qruz's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by m4ko2 View Post
    hm doesnt work with hydra. i tested it. will test with archon. but 100% sure hydra is not buffed by the passive skill. hydra WILL consume all stacks but will NOT receive increaded damage.
    I am pretty confident that it does, as I've seen a significant raise in the Hydra's damage. The I haven't looked for any changes in the direct damage, but the pool of poison it spits out is doing significantly more damage.

m4ko2's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hm will test with poison hydra. Arcane didnt work.

Qruz's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by m4ko2 View Post
    Hm will test with poison hydra. Arcane didnt work.
    Silly of me to forget to mention that I've only tested it with the Venom rune.