Unlimited Crypts farming for rares, trick to keep you 'saved' in the crypts menu

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Binded's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unlimited Crypts farming for rares, trick to keep you 'saved' in the crypts

Since anyone who's knowledgeable has already figured out that the "best" loot drops off the mini bosses, rare spawns and not the Skull King, this is how I've been endlessly farming rare spawns in the Defiled Crypts.

Create a (new) public game for Reign of the Black King,
    Take the WP to Cemetery of the Forsaken and enter one of the Defiled Crypt tombs, if you find one that has one of the two event quests, 'jar of souls' or 'the matriarch's bones', use your stone of recall. Once in town, talk to deckard cain and grab the quest for Reign of the Black King. Once you have the quest, go back into your portal for the Defiled Crypts and hit esc, leave game.

Once you start a new game and every new game you create thereafter, will start you in a new instance of the defiled crypts with the event quests.

The rest is self explanatory, just rinse and repeat.

This IS an exploit, the reason this works is because, if you start the Reign of the Black King quest FIRST, then try going into the defiled crypt with the event quests, you'll find that the portal for the crypt gets shut. Therfore, to the server, you shouldn't be in the event quest defiled crypt, it's expecting that the above condition is otherwise impossible, thusly, the last "saved" state your character can be in is when you're in the Defiled Crypt prior to leaving.

Anyhow, enjoy.
    Last edited by Binded; 11-27-2011 at 11:26 PM.

Unlimited Crypts farming for rares, trick to keep you 'saved' in the crypts
    felheartx's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    works, nice find!
    this is way better than farming the king.
    it's an order of magnitude faster than going trough all the crypt levels + royal crypts and all that...

rages4calm's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually the best loot comes from your first time beating the Black King. Everytime you create a new character you fly through it as fast as you can skipping most the mobs and just kill him. You will get a unique item or 2 sometimes 3. After you got your unique items from him, identify them throw them in your stash, create new character rinse repeat.

Bladedgamer's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was wondering how long this would take there is also another bug if you join a public game and go to adrias celler area and do the same in a public game as the OP stated,
    An extra point for those farming make sure you have your hired help with you i noticed the more mobs you kill in the jar of souls event the more loot you get to use or breakdown and your templar does nearly as much dmg as you if you have geared him .. thanks to origional poster for showing everyone the exploit just thought id add to it.

KOS0937's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    btw. this is why blizzards game-matching system sucks. you cannot create a game to farm the crypts and you cannot kick ppl from your game that do this. They made a similar mistake in SC2. Guess they will never learn....

Bladedgamer's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You dont have to create the game just join one in progress and let them rush off to kill thier so called best loot piniata while you go and enter the active quest crypt then zone to town and back and logout then when you log out the screen will show you are on the last quest forever just mindlessly farm

KOS0937's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes i got the point of this post, thank you. Wsa just wining about how blizzard ruined this game ^^ Sry for the spam.

j0eL's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    15/44
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wooo Diablo 3! #1! Can't wait till it comes out officially. It is quite silly that it's similar to the random LFG system in WoW though.. should have made it games with titles like d2. Perhaps one day gentlemen after enough complains!

dave_maltby's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think this has been fixed, I can't seem to get it to work unfortunately.

Dave

FixtionFXReality's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey everyone - great information provided here!

I just uploaded a video that visually demonstrates the potential of checkpoints and way points already built-in the Diablo III system.
    It's not so much an exploit as it is a method using what's made available to the user.
    Check it out.

A video will soon follow demonstrating the same method but for power leveling a beta character.
    I hope to level a new character to level 13 in less than 1 hour - hopefully as little as 30 minutes or less!
    Last edited by FixtionFXReality; 12-27-2011 at 03:34 PM.

TehVoyager's Avatar I just love KuRIoS
    Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to bump but i have questions about this topic.

i keep trying to do this, but people keep joining my game and starting the quest before i can find and get the jar or bones quests.

how do i get into a a crypt and get the quest before someone starts the main event?

Also, do you complete the matriarch or jar quest before leaving game? and do you just not turn it in?

Edit: Made a game that was Open to Bnet friends. one of the Crypts is locked. i have not started Reign, though i created the game for reign, and have done reign previously. going to try to fiddle with this for a while and see if i can get a working workaround.

What I've Tried so far:

-Started a new Game on Reign. check the crypts, one is locked.
    -Starting game on Crown. found the Jar quest, started and then portaled out. did Crown quest. started king. portaled back in, left game. started a new game..... in tristram. fail.

unless I've done something wrong, this has in fact been fixed.
    Last edited by TehVoyager; 12-18-2011 at 01:05 AM.

(don't post things I post to Patreon.)

Alth's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    6/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I haven't been able to get this to work either. I took a character from 1-13 in under 1 hour playing solo while doing this when it still worked.

There are other ways though to level fast as Fixion has shown, but I liked this way since you'd actually kill stuff instead of just completing some quest
    why don't you?

visitor's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    16/15
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hopefully this isnt fixed before it goes live
    Hey I just met you

jmulhern345's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by visitor View Post
    hopefully this isnt fixed before it goes live
    posted on ownedcore.... it will be fixed before it goes live lol. Anything posted on here gets fixed.

Binded's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was fixed a while back, sorry all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast