2/17
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any update for Enigma?

I don't really care, but there are still some people who use a private helper I wrote and would be able to fix this. Let me know

Any update for Enigma?
    xratedownz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    23/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no working helper around after latest patch...

d3lak's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/17
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think you understand. I maintain a private helper that uses Enigma. Without the latest fix (from patch). It's broken. I was wondering if anyone had an Enigma update so I could update MY project. Thanks all.

Thanks G/R
    23/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by d3lak View Post
    I don't think you understand. I maintain a private helper that uses Enigma. Without the latest fix (from patch). It's broken. I was wondering if anyone had an Enigma update so I could update MY project. Thanks all.
    I understand you , no worries... Without enigma you cant update your project. If enigma updated there will be a lot of working helpers around. I meant this

Thanks G/R
    2/17
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by xratedownz View Post
    I understand you , no worries... Without enigma you cant update your project. If enigma updated there will be a lot of working helpers around. I meant this
    Yes, just curious if anyone had an update for Enigma this current patch. Would be very helpful as I have no desire to try and fix this part myself

Thanks all. PM me if you do.

Thanks G/R
    2/17
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the PMs. Was able to fix for this current patch

Thanks G/R
    23/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    :d:d:d:d:d

Sorco's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, what actually happened with enigma and his work? I wasn't around here back then but from what I see, in mid august 2018 he suddenly quit and removed all his work from github without saying a word.

owen654321's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you read between the lines (and had an ear to the ground at the time it happened), from what I gathered they may have served him a cease and desist order and possibly threatened him with a lawsuit (involving the reverse-engineering/disassembly of commercial software) if he didn't do so. My guess is that it was either implied or stated that any future work on reverse-engineering updates (Blizzard now changes a few key values and hides important pieces of data in obscure places that move/are changed with each new release) would be met with legal action.

What's super ironic is that TurboHud and ROS-BOT, the most widely used visual assistant and bot (respectively), both have the resources to pay to have this work done. Neither is sharing any information, though. With KillerJohn, he doesn't believe in botting and TurboHud goes to great lengths to prevent and restrict anything that looks like user automation/interaction with D3. With ROS-BOT it's likely a matter of money.

It's too bad, in my opinion. Blizzard hasn't stopped either of the most widely used existing third-party software programs, AND they've shut out us hobbyists with ideas (I had a simple piece of software I was writing to assist in group gameplay, and my guess is it'll never see the light of day now. I mean, honestly, who wouldn't appreciate doing RAT runs without having to worry about when to create mages, how many were created under simulacrum, or maintaining bone armor, etc? Same thing with zmonk and making sure epiphany doesn't drop and setting a length of time between spamming time-of-need. Both seem like basic tendinitis-saving utilities that don't really give some massive edge to someone - especially compared to them outright botting for bounties and levels). Very frustrating.

10. Thanks Sorco (1 members gave Thanks to owen654321 for this useful post)
    ownedcoreson's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would anybody have an updated version of Enigma, or better yet, a guide or something about how to get started to be able to update it myself?