Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reading Item Data in "lobby"

Hi!

I'm trying to create a better item comparison tooltip, displaying EHP gains etc. I've gotten so far that I'm able to read all information in the item tooltips but I'm not able to retrieve information about the currently equipped items (to calculate total character stats). I'm able to access the Actors and ACDs, but it appears the ACDs contains junk data unless inside a game. The data is obviously accessible *somewhere* as it can be shown on your profile or the AH sell tab.

So, anyone got an idea how to access item data when not playing a game? :confused:

Worst case I'll cache data from whenever in a game and use but that doesn't feel quite as elegant

Reading Item Data in "lobby"
    iamclint's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i believe the data isn't loaded while in lobby its only after you go to profile? I may be mistaken but I believe it may be cached after opening the profile

KillerJohn's Avatar TurboHUD HUDmaster CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    46/3335
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fyi: there is a reason Blizzard is unable to display item comparison in AH... The info you are looking for is just now there...
    Do not send me private messages unless it is absolutely necessary or the content is sensitive or when I ask you to do that...

enigma32's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    4/738
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, seems you're right. Inspecting with Wireshark shows activity when viewing profile or items for the first time. It's cached somewhere, but that could be pretty much anywhere and not guaranteed to always be there. Plan B it is!