0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Memory invasive botting -- dangerous?

Hi I'm wondering if anyone knows FOR SURE if it is dangerous to build your bot with access into the game memory.
    I was thinking of making a way for the bot to keep track of how much gold you earned since running the bot, to calculate the GPH automatically.
    Also, would it be dangerous to have the bot use send controls so that you can alt tab out of the game and do other things while you bot?

Memory invasive botting -- dangerous?
    Kylah's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    5/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by H4K1 View Post
    Hi I'm wondering if anyone knows FOR SURE if it is dangerous to build your bot with access into the game memory.
    I was thinking of making a way for the bot to keep track of how much gold you earned since running the bot, to calculate the GPH automatically.
    Also, would it be dangerous to have the bot use send controls so that you can alt tab out of the game and do other things while you bot?

All botting is dangerous and will ultimately get you banned. No one knows FOR SURE what can or will get you banned except for those who work with Warden. All anyone can do is make some educated guesses.

I'd say bots like VS are more easily detected than say someone using AutoIt just due to the fact that it uses things like Maphack and injects itself into D3's memory (might be talking out of my ass on that one lol) but Warden CAN look for all manner of things and you just won't know until you start seeing the bans hit.

Confucius's Avatar Panda of Worlds The Idiot

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    267/283
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kylah View Post
    All botting is dangerous and will ultimately get you banned. No one knows FOR SURE what can or will get you banned except for those who work with Warden. All anyone can do is make some educated guesses.

I'd say bots like VS are more easily detected than say someone using AutoIt just due to the fact that it uses things like Maphack and injects itself into D3's memory (might be talking out of my ass on that one lol) but Warden CAN look for all manner of things and you just won't know until you start seeing the bans hit.
    Your reply is a little misleading, not all botting will get you banned, but there is a risk in botting and you should not do it if you are not willing to lose your account. Botting is relatively safe if you do not flood the auction house and your bot does not mess with offsets that are scanned by warden. If you do not know how to read warden then I would not suggest making a memory based bot, using autoit and vmware would probably be much safer.

Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    285/572
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Afaik, reading memory should be relatively safe. Writing memory however, is far from it.

Kylah's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    5/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    Your reply is a little misleading, not all botting will get you banned, but there is a risk in botting and you should not do it if you are not willing to lose your account. Botting is relatively safe if you do not flood the auction house and your bot does not mess with offsets that are scanned by warden. If you do not know how to read warden then I would not suggest making a memory based bot, using autoit and vmware would probably be much safer.
    You are right, I should have said botting is potentially dangerous and CAN ultimately get you banned There are people who bot and never get caught.

H4K1's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That wasn't the point of my post, I know the risk of botting but I am wondering if my risk is increased even more when my bot also messes with memory scans in regions related to my gold value

Originally Posted by Sychotix View Post
    Afaik, reading memory should be relatively safe. Writing memory however, is far from it.
    Thank you