Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just wrote a bot in C++....is there a demand for this particular bot?

Hey guys.

I'm in the early stages of testing my bot that I just wrote. I have been in the botting community for quite some time and I wanted to give it a shot.

My bot is very different though. It focuses on something much more simple than other bots out there.

I made 2 different bots. One of the bots joins a bounty game and travels to act 1 and sits in town. It waits for the other players to complete the bounties, collects cache, leaves game and repeat.

I'm sure you are thinking...what if my bot gets kicked from the game? Well i've done some trials on this. Roughly 1/5 times it will be kicked from the game. But i have it programmed to handle that accordingly. After it gets kicked, a timer will eventually run out and it will join a new game and continue.

The second bot I made is for rifting. It joins a game, and enters the rift portal and sits at the portal and leeches while people kill all of the monsters on the first level of the rift and then leaves the game...and repeat. ( I know that there are more than one rift level, I am still working on some algorithms to solve that issue).

But for now I haven't put much time into it. To give you guys a little background on me I hold a bachelors degree in software engineering.

I know it's not as complex and useful as the other bots that are out there...but that's the point. The way it is programmed there should be no possible way of getting caught. I would target the users that are wanting to bot but at a lower risk of getting caught. I know its only a fraction of experience that you could get with one of the other bots....but I just can't think of any other way of keeping it super simple.

I ran it for a few hours and came back to check on it...and my stash was 100% full of caches. Even when you sit in town you still get the XP for completing the quests.

Would anyone find this type of bot useful? I'm just trying to test the waters here.

Thanks guys

I just wrote a bot in C++....is there a demand for this particular bot?
    Pen's Avatar Member And Ink CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    11/3
    Trade Feedback
    17 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd even pay money for something like this. It's exactly the type of casual botting I'd be looking for -- something to run while I'm afk and then just play myself when I get back.
    "And on the third hand..."
    (Quick, get an octopus!)

rleonekc's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Pen View Post
    I'd even pay money for something like this. It's exactly the type of casual botting I'd be looking for -- something to run while I'm afk and then just play myself when I get back.
    Going to send you a PM

Seminko's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    35/89
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does yout bot know when it got kicked of when the char enters a rift etc?

My only experience is with AutoIt so everything is done using Imagesearch / Pixelsearch. Always wondered how the more advanced languages handle things like that.
    Don't just say thanks, click thanks!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Seminko View Post
    How does yout bot know when it got kicked of when the char enters a rift etc?

My only experience is with AutoIt so everything is done using Imagesearch / Pixelsearch. Always wondered how the more advanced languages handle things like that.
    I don't wanna give too much away but the only thing I can really say is that it's timer based. If you get kicked as far as the bot knows you are still in the game, and it will eventually rejoin a new game after awhile.

I did a "Stress test" last night on my seasonal character with the rift portion. In 9 hours it went from paragon 284 to paragon 305. It used around 50 rift keystone fragments. I know it's not as advanced as most bots but hey it still gets the job done.

The best part about this is that it works with any character

Thanks G/R
    35/89
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what you're saing is that you have a set timer for how long a rift should take on average. So if they kick you the bot sits there doing nothing and after the timer expires it rejoins a new game?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Seminko View Post
    So what you're saing is that you have a set timer for how long a rift should take on average. So if they kick you the bot sits there doing nothing and after the timer expires it rejoins a new game?
    Correct. I did experiments on how long the average rift should take.

Here's the thing though, the bot doesn't get kicked very often. Usually the other 3 people are too focused on killing monsters. By the time they decide to kick you you've already gained a decent amount of XP. Most of the time it even completes it. So it doesn't stay idle very long if it gets kicked

Another cool thing I did with it was after X amount of time the bot goes and talks to Orek, ending the rift. That's the last thing it does before it leaves the game.

Last night it went pretty well for my first stress test. I'm always looking for ways to make it better though
    Last edited by rleonekc; 03-14-2015 at 02:32 PM.

Thanks G/R
    35/89
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right. So the next step would be min maxing the idle time by coding the bot so it recognizes when the rift is over and/or when it is kicked

Keep it up! +rep

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! I appreciate it

richardptt's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as i know u can do pixel search with c++ almost same way as auto it!

xcureanddisease's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    74/235
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you just looking to make cash? Im currently trying to learn C++ and I feel like im not learning it effectively. I feel like the only way im gonna learn is by working on stuff. Are you willing to Skype with me and teach me step by step for money? Let me know. Thanks.

Indecency's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do a pixel search with C++?
    You can do so many more awesome stuffs with C than autoit.