• OwnedCore Report #27

Greetings my fellow Ownedcorenians. Welcome to our 27th OwnedCore Report. This weeks report includes a slew of goodies such as a community interview with Hazzbazzy where delve deep into the life of a WoW explorer, community highlights, and some more gaming news from around the globe. Any of you football fans below should let me know who you are rooting for as well. As an American I need a team to get behind since we sadly did not make it. Is rooting for Germany too much of a bandwagon?

Community Interview

I decided with BFA around the corner and the exploration community on OC still thriving another community interview with Hazzbazzy was in order.

Q: Last time we talked about classic and exploring, do you think classic will still have new and innovative explorations when it comes back? Or has everything that has ever going to be seen been done 100 times over?

A: I honestly don't have a confident answer for this. Having skipped the private server hype, I don't know what exploration has been done on them. However, I do know that methods of exploration have been adapted and explorers have a better understand of how things work now. That could lead to some new and interesting exploit / exploration methods definitely.

Q: Do explorers of WoW like yourself make any preperations going into a new expansion as far as exploring? Maybe going into game files for clues or just anything of the sorts to get yourself a head start or do you just go with the flow?

A: That's dependent on the explorer I think. I believe a lot of us enjoy going in blind and finding something new. However, certain items are also good to keep in stock such as Darkmoon Tigers. There are resources to investigate the map files only however (WoW Minimap Browser), and I will sometimes use these when going back to a pre-explored area.

Q: I forgot to ask you last time but I wanted your opinion on Blizzards riddle exploration additions in Legion with the mounts and pets. Were those everything a player into exploring could as for from the devs? We're they too easy, just right, too hard?

A: It's not something that really ever appealed to me. The joy of exploration a lot of the time is breaking things IMO, doing things in a certain intended way to unlock things doesn't count as an exploration to me. Furthermore, I can't say they were hard with all of the guides available online, perhaps if you didn't look.

Q: It seemed to me that these discords that worked on cracking them only took a couple days to figure it out. Whether that is a long time or nothing at all in the exploration world I am not sure

A: I think those Discords and members of the Exploration Community may not share the same views completely. A lot of the members in said Discord are about playing the game as it was supposed to be played. Finding a method out of a dungeon only usually takes a few hours if you grind it out. If you don't find a method within a day there most likely isn't one in the current build. In my latest video I used Grimrail Depot, which I consider one of the harder dungeons to explore, the method I used in that is brand new and without that I'm not sure if I would have found a method.

Q: If you could give somebody advice getting into WoW exploration seriously for the first time what would it be?

A: If you're looking for a challenge play a class such as Death Knight, if you're looking to just have fun and see new things play a Demon Hunter. In both cases you should get Engineering, and hoard Toys and on-use items. Read the handbook I've worked on and expect to get frustrated now and again. I would also recommend you grab a friend to do it with, or reach out to the community. It's more fun in numbers

Q: E3 has passed and last time we talked about VR picking up some steam but I don't think we saw much of it besides one Sony game this year. Is 2019 going to be the year of VR ? Do you stand firm that VR will be the future and soon?

A: Perhaps maybe not 2019, I think the tech needs to become cheaper first. However, I still definitely think VR isn't just a gimmick.

Q: Did you attempt to play Bless when that short lived hype train came out? Maybe just to explore a fresh MMO in the west.

A: I didn't play Bless no, but I heard something about Steam refunding everyone in the West due to missing content, so maybe that's a good thing.

Community Highlights

Advanta shares yet another gem. He calls it "Auction House Explosion Fun". With a clever use of the Bastion of Shadows he finds a way to kill a lot of players at once.

Click HERE to go right to the thread.

When BFA drops the race to 120 is on. Tons of methods will be posted on fast leveling and it has already begun with Devanh's "Quick levels on BFA launch".

Exploration, Exploration, and more Exploration. Reyav shows 5 Beautiful and amazing Wallbreaches Part 2. All in video form.

I haven't included old threads in community highlights in awhile but I stumbled upon this one being used every now and than and figured it deserves some love. This is "The Now Playing Thread" by Yawnstar. It is a thread where people post what they are listening to at the moment they are viewing it.

Gaming News from Around the Globe

Stink Bombs added to Fortnite

So Fortnite has added Stink Bombs to the arsenal of weaponry in Battle Royale. This addition has been very interesting because it kind of goes with the theme they have been following with balancing lately. That theme seems to be "Stop people from camping in buildings". If you haven't already heard the cries to Epic let me fill you in. Epic recently nerfed how many resources you get from not only trees and objects but also caches such as llamas. This has had people up in arms about how Epic is now forcing them to farm for more of the game than they used to because they still need those materials to compete late game. And they are not wrong. If you end up in a smaller circle, maybe storm 3 or 4, with less than 500 mats total you are going to get boned. So even though Epic's intentions were to slightly reduce the "just build" meta that we seem to have been stuck in for months now they actually just made it so were fighting less and building just as much.

Now back to the Stink Bomb. The Stink bomb is an AOE smoke grenade basically that ticks peoples health down 5 damage every half second for 9 seconds total. This is great to throw in the area that you know somebody is behind or on top of a 1 by 1 they have built because it will draw them out. This will definitely help people get into more gun battles and less build battles. On top of that the thermal scope rifle was added only a few weeks back which can see into this Stink Bomb cloud perfectly fine and makes a great combination. I wouldn't doubt if they brought back the smoke grenade now to push this Thermal Scope AR even more.

But is this enough to change the meta alone? No. And Epic knows that. They have said recently:

"It shouldn't be a case of just build"
    This statement along with many others have had people thinking what Epic will do next to change this build meta even more. Will they reduce the amount of resources you can hold in total? What about adding impact damage to buildings so you can't camp behind stuff? Maybe even simply make building cost more so even if your capped across the board you will just spend it all a lot faster. In reality, these could all happen. In a lot of the pro skrims right now the games are ending with the Storm COMPLETELY taking over the map with 0 safe zone and the 3 teams alive in this gigantic build war win by timing their med kit at the end to survive the longest. Things such as taking damage purposely in the storm that way when its coming in for the last time you can start chugging your med kit early because if you don't you won't have time to finish it before you die from storm. And we all know this is a TERRIBLE look for the eSport side of things. Whether you believe Fortnite should even be an eSport is a whole other topic but we know Epic wants it to be since they said they are putting 100 million on the line to support it.

All in all, Fortnite is about to change a lot and this Stink Bomb and resource gathering nerf is definitely just the beginning.

Steam Summer Sale is Here!

From June 21st to July 5th the Steam Summer Sale is back. This is the perfect time to blow money you don't have and expand that library of games you most likely will never play or finish! But in all seriousness, there has been some goodies for super sale so definitely check your wish lists because chances are the games you want have or will go on sale at one point during this event. Also I highly recommend checking out our "Shared" section right here on OwnedCore. This is where people have been posting deals for games since the beginning of time and with the Steam Summer Sale in full swing I am sure a lot of the big ones will end up there.

Some notable sales so far have been:

Ark Survival: $20

Dark Souls 3:
    $15

Fallout franchise: up to 75% off

PUBG: $20
    This article was originally published in forum thread: OwnedCore Report #27 started by Kenneth View original post