• OwnedCore Report #21

I got 21 problems and another OwnedCore Report ain't one. This week we got some cool gaming news, community highlights, and additional forums added to the website.

Conan Exiles Trading Section Added

Play Conan Exiles? Do you buy, sell, or trade in Conan Exiles? If so be the first to post in our brand new Conan Exiles trading section seen HERE

Gaming Around the Globe

Red Dead 2 Official Trailer #3 is out

The release date for RDR2 is October 26 for PS4 and Xbox One. Sadly though we have no word on when the PC release is and if I were to guess I would assume it is a year from October so about Fall 2019. This is because of how GTA V was released and I think that worked out for them quite well. RDR2 is set before RDR1.

PUBG has temporarily disabled trading
    First we have CS:GO adding a 7 day trade cooldown and now we see PUBG following suite in their own fashion, disabling trading all together. This caused a huge uproar but apparently was done to prevent, like CS:GO, third party sales and gambling.

We?ve seen a few cases of players using the personal trade function to sell items using third party sites. This is essentially an abuse of the system. To prevent this, we're temporarily turning off personal trades while we search for a better solution. Once we figure out a way to prevent abuse, the restriction will be lifted

It seems that games are taking gambling serious or they are being pushed to make these moves by Valve. Either or I think this is going to be a common trend for games that get trendy with gambling on the Steam Market.

POE's new Incursion League is coming soon

"In the Incursion Challenge League, explorer Alva Valai is searching for the ancient Vaal treasure temple of Atzoatl. Travel back in time to discover the location of the temple and change its history to maximize your reward."
    Incursion includes new items, gems, and a revamp to a ton of skills. The theme of the league is going back in time to beat up ancient Aztec-like Vaal and steal their stuff. The league should run for about 3 months and starts on June 1st.
    Incursions are something you will be able to jump into right off the bat and wont be tailored strictly to end game players. Per usual you will have to create a new character to get into the league.

Battlerite Royale is a thing

On the 3rd of May Battlerite tweeted "This Summer, go beyond the Arena. " On the 9th they went into further detail on their focus of this game.

In the last couple of months we?ve steered the development of Battlerite into a new direction in order to secure a stable future for the game. One of our decisions this year has been to focus mainly on the PC market so that we can give players more frequent updates and to make the game a more polished and feature-complete experience.
    This Dev Update also mentions that they are targeting the Asian market by working with Nexon for a Korea launch and Tencent to work on a Chinese launch.

Some things they want to highlight in their up and coming game mode are:
    • Small scale combat

• Variety of Champions

• Upgrade System for abilities

• Exciting ways to end matches

I know this is another BR and therefore people are rolling their eyes at every game implementing the mode into their dead games but I am interested to see how this top down arena in particular functions as a BR. Every game we have seen take the plunge to Battle Royale has been a shooter first but this game is anything but that. This is an arena shooter controlled with keyboards from top down. So it might be kind of like POE's temporary BR? But even POE is moved like an RTS/ARPG with clicking.

What are your thoughts on another BR game? Are you just sick of them or do you embrace them?

WoW DDOSer gets 1 year in prison.

Calin Mateias of Romania was sentenced to 1 year in prison after being extradited to the US last fall. The Department of Justice released a statement saying:
    Mateias went after WoW?s servers to exact vengeance against other players over disputes that arose from things like ?the division of loot and membership in raid teams.?
    He was also forced to pay Blizzard nearly $30,000 to compensate for the labor put into stopping his attacks.

Community Highlights

A new member to the forum China - Hellfireous posted quality posts in the WoW exploration section. One of them includes Seething Shore exploration that is worth a look

China - Hellfireous second post was new tools in WoW exploration including a video

Who else is returning to WoW after their 1 1/2 year ban? By stevenv
    This article was originally published in forum thread: OwnedCore Report #21 started by Kenneth View original post