• OwnedCore Report #20

Today marks our 20th report. With it comes some interesting gaming news including Fortnite updates, Halo Online getting the hammer, and Black Ops 4 not including a traditional campaign for the first time in Call of Duty's history. On top of gaming news we have community highlights, a website design overhaul, and a community interview with our very own admin Eryxon. Anybody got an extra BFA beta key?

OwnedCore got a brand new Design Overhaul

If you have not read Dante's post regarding our new site design being live be sure to check it out here

A couple of the new features include:

• Awesome mobile support

• Bigger Fonts

• New colors for the different user groups

• Responsive design

We want feedback on this design from all of you. Please leave a comment right here on the report or on Dante's thread posted above on how you feel the design is and what can be improved if anything. For updates on all things OwnedCore make sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Community Interview with Eryxon

I talked to one of the admins of OwnedCore, Eryxon, about this new website design, OwnedCore's future, and his gaming life.

Q: How long have you been a part of the OC community?

A: I've been a part of OwnedCore since 2011. I've always liked to take shortcuts in games, so I stumbled across mmowned (that was the name of the site back then) when I was searching for some bot profiles or World of Warcraft exploits if I remember correctly

Q: What made you decide to become an active working member of this community?

A: I instantly liked OC because of the huge amounts of nice content and nice community on the site. I was reading page up and page down for guides and exploits and even started WoW exploration after seeing the amazing videos and pictures WizardTrokair, Teryaki, Nyarly (sorry for those I didn't mention!). I always want to improve on everything on a personal level, and I always want to improve stuff I like to something even nicer. I guess KuRIoS got bored of me and decided to promote me to moderator to keep me busy doing something else, haha!

Q: What do you think makes OC so special?

A: What makes OC so special is our amazing members. We got members ranging from teenagers to retirement age, we got professionals in everything from arts, truck drivers, professional programmers and I never stop getting amazed of the level of knowledge and insight that exists in our community.

Q: This new design is sleek and much improved, what did you and the rest of the team try to focus on when updating the layout of the website? Are there going to be anymore design tweaks or updates in the near future?

A: As I already mentioned, I'm never 100% satisfied and I always find something to improve I agree our new design looks wonderful, but we still have room for improvement and we're listening to the feedback from our members and we'll still keep improving until the bitter end. There won't be any major design changes in the near future but based on the feedback we're considering to implement a variant of the new theme that's specially tuned for low resolution screens. We're also doing some quality-of-life improvements for traders, and we'll make the sticky thread auctions even more lucrative.

Q: Where do you see OC in 10 years?

A: OC Isn't going anywhere and I see us still being the best site to go to for awesome guides, exploits and trading market for ingame goods and services.

Q: Being a WoW dominant website how do you try to include other games that are hot at the time?

A: We're not trying to favor games like WoW, Diablo, Overwatch, but our community is big fans of Blizzard/Activision games. We recently added forum section for guides, exploits and trading markets for Fortnite, Sea of Thieves among other games. We'd love to hear from our community if some new and cool games are coming up, so if you want a section for a game that's not on the forums yet, please let us know by posting a thread in the Suggestions section! https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/new...t/suggestions/

Q: On the topic of games, have you seen anything dominate the gaming industry as much as Fortnite is right now?

A: Fortnite has become extremely popular, and a few games that were equally popular that come to mind has to be WoW, Minecraft and League of Legends. Another game that deserves a mention is Super Mario Bros on Nintendo 8-bit, but that was long before the internet but "everyone" played that too.

Q: Do you play Fortnite or any games in particular right now?

A: I've tried Fortnite but I honestly think I'm have the worst Aim in the entire world and I got bored of being killed early in the game pretty fast :cry: I like to play a round of TrackMania Turbo or even do a delivery in Euro Truck Simulator 2 when I feel stressed and want to free my mind for half an hour.

Q: Is there anything on the horizon that your excited to play?

A: If I have to pick three games I'm really excited abut, it has to be Diablo 4 (if this ever gets out, but I really really hope so), Grand Theft Auto 6 and Red Dead Redemption 2. I've loved all the games in those franchises and I can't wait to try out the new and hopefully improved versions.

Q: Do you think Diablo 4 will be a different style of ARPG? Perhaps an MMO ARPG to stand out from strong competitors like POE? Would you want something like that as a fan of the franchise?

A: Pass

Q: Do you play POE? A lot of fans of the hardcore days of Diablo seem to have made the switch

A: Nope, I don't play PoE, I work a lot on OC and other projects currently so there is simply very little time to play

Gaming Around the Globe

COD Black Ops 4 Removing Traditional Campaign; Instead adding Battle Royale and more
    Black Ops 4 will be moving away from the traditional campaign and focusing more on Battle Royale, Multiplayer, and Zombies. As far as the campaign goes it seems that Black Ops 4 either didn't finish the campaign in time and are scrapping it completely or another rumor is it will be a Destiny-style open world campaign. This all stemmed from the release date of BLOP 4 being so much earlier than a normal CoD release which is usually November. Now besides the campaign the next big shocker is the words "Battle Royale". I guess its official that Battle Royale is the new MOBA when Call of Duty is adding it into their arsenal. I just hope it is not some rip off of a real Battle Royale experience with like 16-20 players. But I won't lie, if it is traditional in the sense that it is 100 players and doesn't include a full loadout than count me in. PUBG seems to have endless bugs with each patch and that is the only true FPS Battle Royale that has a playerbase right now. CoD could easily rival something like PUBG if it does it right.

Halo Online aka ElDewrito is having legal issues with Microsoft
    If you haven't heard yet a fully fleshed Halo Online for PC had a full release a little over a week ago. It was called ElDewrito 1.6. This was the complete Halo experience including what seems to be maps from Halo 2 and 3 while also including balance changes and keeping some things from each game. It was getting super traction with streamers like Summit1G and Shroud joining in on the fun. We even saw some old Halo pros like Tsquared jump in on the action. Sadly it was too good to be true and grew to a size that Microsoft felt that it threatened their IP. They had 343 industries contact ElDewrito directly according to the team.

It read:

""While we are humbled and inspired to see the amount of passion poured into this project, the fact remains that it's built upon Microsoft-owned assets that were never lawfully released or authorized for this purpose. As this project reverberated across the community, our team took a step back to assess the materials and explore possible avenues, while Microsoft, like any company, has a responsibility to protect its IP, code and trademarks. It's not optional in other words.

BTW, we're not 'shutting down the mod' or going after the Eldewrito crew - we're enacting action to remove the Halo Online code and packages from places it's being hosted."

What this essentially meant for the community was that all download links from the reddit (reddit.com/r/HaloOnline) had to be removed and all future patches were put to a permanent halt. So is it completely shutdown? Nope. But it definitely put a damper on the project as even streamers were getting sent DMCA's for playing it on Twitch. One of them includes APLFisher who put out a video on what happened seen here. The ElDewrito team posted a PSA today stating "Halo Online is not dead" which includes ways to still play it but to me that just tells me the playerbase has dwindled and they had to remind people that this whole Microsoft situation didn't kill the game completely. Sadly I don't think we will ever get a fully supported Halo Online ever again for the PC and it was a shame that so many people enjoyed this and it got taken from them so fast.

Fortnite Season 4 is coming soon and meteors are now falling from the sky
    A lot happens every week in the Fortnite world. Epic games is making sure to keep this gigantic audience entertained with constant updates and additions to the game. In the past two weeks we saw the addition of sticky grenades which do 100 damage to enemies. They stick to any surface including players. We also saw the removal of the Homing Missle. At first it was temporarily removed due to a bug but the community was very verbal about how much better the game felt during that time of temporary removal that Epic just canned it all together. Which isn't the first time we have seen Epic add and remove things from the game. Remember smoke grenades?

Also that whole comet in the sky to destroy Tilted Towers might be something completely different. A reddit user (who has since deleted his account) said that Season 4 would be themed around superheroes which we later found out was true because Epic posted teasers for Season 4 which did in fact show men and women in costume. So now we go back to the thread that this guy made about the Season 4 leak we also see that he mentions the meteors hitting Dusty Depot not Tilted Towers. On top of that shocker he says Epic wants the map to evolve more often and map changes will be coming frequently. He/She says specifically that Moisty Mire will be replaced by the end of Season 4. The current Season, Season 3, ends in a few days so this will all be dismissed or not in no time.

Community Highlights

Advanta shows us an exploit on how to make a MASSIVE raid boss-sized pet.

Need to get into a group with a higher ilv requirement than you meet? Crysto has got your back with this trick on how to increase the ilvl in your bags.

The Olympic games of WoW Exploration are here! Nyarly creates a cool test of strength for us explorers right here on OwnedCore.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: OwnedCore Report #20 started by Kenneth View original post