• New WoW Gold Cap! 9,999,999 Gold!

Source

So now all the top end PVE players who make 100s of thousands a week doing mythic carries, all the big server gold farmers and traders, and everybody in between can stop making so many bank alts! Blizzard has finally answered your prayers. The gold cap has increased 10 TIMES! for guilds, characters, and AH.

What does this mean for you? Well maybe the big investment is to buy some TCG mounts now and they might spike in price in Legion. The only reason some of them were 300-600k to begin with was because you couldn't list it for much more on the AH and the only other way to get them was outside trading which could lead to scamming.

This is also huge for the BMAH because now its not a race to who can bid 953k-999k as the next highest bid would not be possible. This will make it so much more gold leaves the economy and the rich have a chance to bid instead of the quickest.

What do you guys think this will lead to? Is this change going to mean big things for WoW's economy? Was it a must needed change? And will you be doing any TCG investments?! LET ME KNOW!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: New WoW Gold Cap! 9,999,999 Gold! started by Kenneth View original post
    Comments 13 Comments
      Confucius -
      I will need more gold.
      Torpedoes -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
      What do you guys think this will lead to? Is this change going to mean big things for WoW's economy? Was it a must needed change? And will you be doing any TCG investments?! LET ME KNOW![/SIZE]
      Personally? it might mean the end of the game for me. Not trying to be salty but WoD completely over-inflated the economy. I didn't know I cared about the economy until it started spinning out of control. If anything, we need a gold squish more than anything else. Welcome to Zimbabwe folks.
      hackerlol -
      Quote Originally Posted by Torpedoes View Post
      Personally? it might mean the end of the game for me. Not trying to be salty but WoD completely over-inflated the economy. I didn't know I cared about the economy until it started spinning out of control. If anything, we need a gold squish more than anything else. Welcome to Zimbabwe folks.
      I think this started from TBC itself. It's just gotten progressively worst every expansion.
      I don't think it means much as far as economy impact is concerned. If anything the new 10m cap is necessary, unfortunately.
      jaczar -
      just go ahead and make everything in the game boe. will save people time instead of companies making so much money from carries.
      JoeThePlumber -
      I did not even get 1000g in WoW last time I checked so this is not helping me in any way! :P
      Mixtrade -
      I think that they are much increased limit of stock, and the personal opinion that they will destroy the economy of this game.
      Limam551 -
      Do not like this change
      Xecis -
      I like this very much.

HunterHero -
      Gold is losing it's value unless item cost scales with it in legion. I only reached gold cap once during my 10 years of WoW and I can't imagine that reaching 10 and what to do with them. There'll probably be a lot more gold sinks.

Sendt fra min Nexus 5 med Tapatalk
      Razor33 -
      1) This sounds good for people with to much gold so they stop spread it on 10 chars !
      2) Sounds bad for 1 mil instant BMAH buyers !
      3) Sounds good for people who want to actually have the chance bid on something into the BMAH rather than loosing the items to instant 1 mil buyers
      4) Sounds good for gold sellers because people will need more cheaper gold for the BMAH items than just 1 million BUT i suggest as soon you buy the needed g to buy the BMAH desired BoE / Toy / Mount / Pet because Blizz is very aggressive removing it but not the learned items as well !

Overall i think is more a good than a bad change. Thanks for the news !
      Deathyaw -
      Quote Originally Posted by Torpedoes View Post

I fully agree with you on this one, this change will ruin the economy more then it already is.
      Ashoran -
      So pretty much RIP economy? Nice.
      GoXLd -
      I think it would kill the "gold trade". Because Gold prices will fall - not immediately, but will fall)