• Honorbuddy ceased with sales in Germany

A new update from the Bossland GmbH developer in charge Hawker concerning the sale of Honorbuddy bot has emerged.
    Apparently Blizzard Entertainment has paid €650,000 to cease the sale and usage of Honorbuddy in Germany. Not much is known for now, except for this fact itself. Hawker announced this not more than an hour ago on the official forums of Bossland GmbH. Keep in mind that this has nothing to do with the current status and progress of that particular court case, as it's still an on-going 'wrangle'.

The official forums seem to be taken down, either by a server failure or, most probably, because of legal precautions which must be taken in order to continue sales outside of Germany. Stay tuned with us, as we may bring some exclusive information about this. Until then, let us know how this affects you, and what's your opinion about this in the comments below.
    Comments 17 Comments
      Leishenn -
      omg dont belive
      Yet -
      learn to use cracked honorbuddy
      chris32882 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Yet View Post
      learn to use cracked honorbuddy
      even the cracked version isn't full proof, legal system usually catches up
      nazgul111 -
      tbh, even tho i am a bot user myself i would be quite happy if honorbuddy ceased to exist alltogether since then there would at least be a point to making gold and the hope lingers somewhere in my mind that it would maybe, just maybe improve the overall WoW community

Quote Originally Posted by chris32882 View Post
      even the cracked version isn't full proof, legal system usually catches up
      nope, not really, there is no legal means to stop cracked software as it usually doesnt actually belong to any1, look at games that are cracked by reloaded, skidrow etc, believe me if publishers had any legal means to stop it they would do so long ago.
      bu_ba_911 -
      I never used botting for monetary gain in the game.... I just botted so I could get those alts I never wanted to level to 90.

But on that note... The forums are still up for me >.> On the post on the Buddy Forum, the specifically stated that it only affects the Germans... everyone outside should still be able to use HB while this is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossland View Post
      Once Blizzard pays that sum to the court, Honorbuddy sales ONLY in Germany will be stopped. We already prepare to appeal the courts decision.
      Proceed -
      Yeah that only affects the Germans, tried to buy a new license and i get an error message, also they published a version for the German market one hour ago, which basically cant autoquest and gather ore/herbs anymore, but pvp and stuff is still included ...
      Viano -
      This affects only idiots. You can still access HB via Proxy and use the normal version.
      wowsc4p3 -
      So basically... In Germany, you can stop someone from SELLING a product, and force its users to stop USING it by paying the COURT 650k?
      How corrupt.
      Bossland -
      Quote Originally Posted by wowsc4p3 View Post
      So basically... In Germany, you can stop someone from SELLING a product, and force its users to stop USING it by paying the COURT 650k?
      How corrupt.
      No, there was a judgement 3 months ago, that would allow them to stop the sales by paying a guarantee in that sum to the court.
      Honorbuddy German Version - press release
      wowsc4p3 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Bossland View Post
      No, there was a judgement 3 months ago, that would allow them to stop the sales by paying a guarantee in that sum to the court.
      Honorbuddy German Version - press release
      Are Blizzy taking action in any other countries? Or is it just something about the Germany laws which means they actually stood a chance? Because it would suck if they took action in the UK.
      Either way, they'd bankrupt themselves paying that fee to every country. Over half a million euros, Damn, You should be honored (... pardon the pun)
      bu_ba_911 -
      Are Blizzy taking action in any other countries? Or is it just something about the Germany laws which means they actually stood a chance? Because it would suck if they took action in the UK.
      Either way, they'd bankrupt themselves paying that fee to every country. Over half a million euros, Damn, You should be honored (... pardon the pun)
      that fee is more like a security.... if blizzard wins, they get all their money back.... if they lose, Bossland gets all that money to compensate their losses while they couldn't do business (according the the buddy forums)

and i believe bossland is stationed in germany
      Cromi38 -
      Are you kidding me? If that was true they would have already paid half a million euros a long time ago. Half a million euros is nothing to a billion dollar company... Blizzard would pay 20x that if not much more to stop botting. IF it was guarenteed. By the way I don't bot but I might start soon lol. Also would it be possible to bot from outside of Germany in the Germany servers with honor buddy if this does get shut down? Thanks
      Bawl -
      I think its Blizzards problem with the botters. Simply i used it for the tons of dailies and the stupid framing or sum nasty acms.
      LiquidAtoR -
      If blizzard would really decide to crack-down on the botters, they can close 1/3 of the realms.
      Half of them are dead already, and with the 'connected realms' feature coming they hope to close that gap (and at the same time have more people actively reporting botters so all they have to do is follow up on those reports, not actively search themselves).

Either way the deposit is a security in case Blizz looses the case like bu_ba said.
      HonorBuddy is German based.
      DaigonoYouso -
      wait, did blizzard pay money to court or to bossland?
      stoneharry -
      Quote Originally Posted by DaigonoYouso View Post
      wait, did blizzard pay money to court or to bossland?
      To the court.
      AgeofHock -
      Hotspotshield hidden IP and you get this bot lol...
      Many Botter already use this possibility, Blizzard has spent money for nothing:confused: