• Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls!

Death, at last, shall spread its wings over all.

Gamescom 2013 has brought upon us a new Diablo 3 expansion. It will be called Reaper of Souls and we have a little bit of information to share with you today!

Reaper of souls will bring a new level cap. The current level cap of 60 will be upped to 70 bringing new skills and runes to every existing class. It also brings Paragon 2.0 which diminishes the level cap (100) on your account allowing you to level up skills while you're already at the highest level. Image

Another new feature in Diablo 3 will be the Crusader class which is a mid-range melee character that's similar to the Diablo 2 Paladin class. Some of his skills are The Law of Valour, blinding enemies, crusader shields, shield bash and fist of heaven. The last one sounds like blasphemy but that might just be my screwed up mind.

A new act that will be introduced into the game with the new expansion will be a darker act with more random dungeons. We don't know too much about it but these are some of the areas that will be used in the Reaper of Souls expansion:

- Westmarch
    - Zakarum Cathedral

Diablo 3 has been a very profitable botting game and the new looting system will surely not disappoint the hardcore botters of OwnedCore. Less loot will drop but the loot will be more useful. Every time an item is dropped it has a chance to have increased stats. To compare the current game with the new expansion, we'll take a look at Act 3. Normally you'd find about 256 commons, 399 blues, 275 yellows and a single legendary. With the new expansion you'll find 73 white items, 266 blues, 83 yellow items and 6 legendaries. All of these items will be more useful than the random crap you tend to drop right now. Blizzard will also introduce Loot Runs in the new expansion. Loot Runs are 15-20 minute dungeons that are completely randomized.

That's all we know right now! More information can be found on the official Blizzard forums. I'd advice you to keep this thread open in a browser especially because it'll be updated as more information is released: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7961416762
    Comments 9 Comments
      xsx -
      60$ For a new expansion?! HELL NO!
      SoNET -
      Quote Originally Posted by xsx View Post
      60$ For a new expansion?! HELL NO!
      Dis I miss(understand) something? What makes you think the expansion will cost 60$?:confused:
      Innit -
      Releasing an expansion before PvP is finished? This is madness!

But how will the paragon system work? The 95 Paragon levels I've gained will be 'diminished?'
      Dante -
      No thank you
      xiongyunqiang -
      Quote Originally Posted by SoNET View Post
      Dis I miss(understand) something? What makes you think the expansion will cost 60$?:confused:
      Diablo 3 is a good game
      bt411 -
      The hype is gone, lets see how many will buy it and how big the market will turn out first. The old d2 players i know switched all to path of exile.
      Sephiroth -
      Hmm... I sold my WoW account, and the D3 attached to it. Do I want to get a new D3, just to play this? Hmmm....
      asdfx123 -
      Quote Originally Posted by bt411 View Post
      The hype is gone, lets see how many will buy it and how big the market will turn out first. The old d2 players i know switched all to path of exile.
      No that's wrong. I still play D2. :P

Path of Exile isn't that great in my opinion.
      Come Undone -
      And now I necropost in the news, but I just came to say hello! Also, I havn't tabbed out of this news article or reading further. Alas I suppose we PC gamers will get this before any console release as D3 just hit the console market today. A qualified guess for all who expect this to be released at a later stage for playstation & xbox: yes, most likely through download as an add-on.